Xtreme Gaming Network

Practice race Oct 4

Author Topic: Practice race Oct 4  (Read 33152 times)

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
Re: Practice race Oct 4
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2016, 01:22:01 PM »
Hey guys!! was there an app for AC that makes pitting and changing tyres and refuelling a bit easier than the standard one?  Cant remember 

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2016, 01:44:27 PM »
Hey guys!! was there an app for AC that makes pitting and changing tyres and refuelling a bit easier than the standard one?  Cant remember

I've not tried it yet, but it's this one http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/pitconfig.8032/

Last night I just used the manual put stop as it was only tyres, but just changing tyres takes forever.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2016, 01:44:44 PM »

I've not tried it yet, but it's this one http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/pitconfig.8032/

Last night I just used the manual pit stop as it was only tyres, but just changing tyres takes forever.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2016, 01:45:04 PM »
Thanks for posting those videos Marty. That first one especially. It shows how good that track has been done and how good the car is.

Braking points and gear changes almost exactly the same as in the game. How cool is that.

rob

I was interested in that also the only place I was different that I can tell is into the last corner. I went up to 4th out of the 2nd last turn but here it seems the guy stayed in 3rd there which meant he didnt have to downshift again to the 3rd. This was probably a better way as 4th on the last turn was much slower but going up to 4th before and then braking and shifting down again made the rear pretty sketchy around the last turn.

I also checked laptimes and pole in the real race was 1:53.5 with the guy in the video doing 1:54.4 pretty much what I did. Given some warmer temps mid 53 was quite doable I think if the tyres had some more temp in them.

There is the app pitconfig from here.
http://xgn.com.au/index.php?topic=1234.0

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2016, 02:13:46 PM »
Two notes on the lap comparison:

• Our car should have a few hp less than the Trofeo one... like 430 instead of 480, something like that.
  • I know Marty stayed in 5th through the two straights, while I went to 6th at the end of them, but in any case we both went to the very top of 5th, while he seems to be well below the top of the revs in 5th.

The two combined make me think the gearing might be quite different between the two versions.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2016, 03:17:42 PM »
Just watched the helmet cam video again and noticed the shift points are nearly identical to where I was even the last corner he went to 4th then back to 3rd. Must have been the other video he stayed in 3rd or maybe 4th through the last turn.

I dont know why you would have gone to 6th anywhere there and in the real car he never used it I think gearing is pretty much spot on from what I see.

The main difference is getting onto the first fast section he was lifting more around t5 but this is something you needed to do if it was pushing a bit much there to avoid going too far inside at 5a and 6.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 03:23:41 PM by marty »

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2016, 03:21:08 PM »
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2016, 03:22:55 PM »
It would interesting if the tyre wear was left at normal, to see what different strategies might come into play - ie. Stuck behind someone so pit early in the race and try to undercut or go long while you have no traffic and risk the undercut, etc.  I think the last few seasons with full fuel and tyre wear we were all pitting within a few laps of each other.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2016, 03:43:16 PM »
It would interesting if the tyre wear was left at normal, to see what different strategies might come into play - ie. Stuck behind someone so pit early in the race and try to undercut or go long while you have no traffic and risk the undercut, etc.  I think the last few seasons with full fuel and tyre wear we were all pitting within a few laps of each other.

I will do some testing now, I havent ran 30 minutes in these cars yet but did do 13 of the 15 laps on one set in race 2 and last lap tyres were still at 100%. This means that the stop is purely strategic as there is no undercut at all, car is actually slower on first lap and half as it needs a scrub to get to 100% grip. With track temps this could bring in an undercut simply because tyre warmers on give some more grip even if tyres arent up to full grip yet. But beyond the first couple of laps there is no tyre deg on these hard tyres and you can stop at any point for pure strategy reasons.

I decided to pit early race 2 to let me battle through the traffic and maybe make a close race at the end with me likely being slightly behind after the others up front stopped. I didnt get held up much only lost maybe a few tenths and Phil had a very long stop, Grat also came out much further behind then I expected. In race 1 I was behind Grat early so the option would have been to either stop early and hope to be clear of traffic and get in some laps or hang out until he stops then with clean air pull a gap before I stopped which is what I did there.

As Wally said though the 30 minute race is really simulating a 1 hour race and there may be some slight wear at this point which could make the undercut more valid. I dont think the tyres would drop off the cliff but will run a couple of 30 minute runs on the prac server and see how the tyres go at 1x and 2x wear.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2016, 04:19:50 PM »
I use this for shift points
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/esotic-shift-light.10030/
I just like to use whatever is in the dashboard of the actual car, if possible. The fewer apps on my screen, the better I feel. But of course it is just a matter of personal preferences.

@Marty: on the start/finish straight he is like at 5 or 6k rpm, looks like,... with only a pair of green lights on the dashboard. I know you remained in 5th, but you had flashing red lights and 7+k rpm there

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2016, 05:32:44 PM »
I ran 2 full race runs at Misano at 100% tyre wear after 17 laps it just got to 99% on the last lap.

At 200% got to 99% just on half distance and gradualy dropped and just got to 97% last lap.

Lap times I was only about .5 off on lap 17 at 200% but was a bit more lively. Graining was about double with 200% with rf getting 12% race 1 and 24% at 2x wear.

I think 200% works much better then having no deg at 100%.  ;)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2016, 05:58:20 PM »
Alright, it sounds like 2x is the go, for at least a little wear. It might make a little more difference in the endurance, 1 hr rounds. Thanks Marty.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 05, 2016, 06:19:44 PM »
I have set the prac server for 60 min prac, 12 min qualy and 17 lap race if anyone wants it shorter just let me know but we had up to 7 in racing 17 laps there on a random mod track so 30 min races can be fun.

Server has 2x wear and 100% damage, track limits are set to 3 tyres which matches up with PLP pretty well but ingame you will get slowdowns in race so try stay on the track.

Grip level is also currently at 100% and I can leave it that way then maybe reduce it later on so people can get some lower grip running. I did a second race at 200% wear and it makes it more enjoyable to race as the tyres go away a little. Its still not a huge drop off in laptime as it almost balances out with fuel burn but car is a little more on edge and fresh rubber should give enough to have a go at an undercut.

Admin pass is the regular xgn so you can skip sessions or restart if needed, if someone is doing a race run even on their own maybe best to ask them if they want a rs. They may be doing a tyre test which is why I kept it at full race distances for now.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 06:26:19 PM by marty »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal