Xtreme Gaming Network

S18R5: Vallelunga Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S18R5: Vallelunga Post-Race Chat  (Read 19132 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S18R5: Vallelunga Post-Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2017, 02:39:20 PM »
RussG banged into Phil’s side twice, the second time enough to send Phil off the track (ballast penalty).

Could someone upload Race 1 replay? AC is so brain dead at saving replays that I have Race 2 and 19 other older replays saved. AC has a limit of saving 20 race replays, but when you hit the limit it deletes the MOST RECENT replay. Well thought out ...
I remember bumping Phil once on the last lap I think. I'd just like to see the footage.

Thanks
I second that request for a replay or R1 if anyone has it!  Stewards have come down hard so need to review it!  :)

By all means provide some opinions. I had to watch a lot of things from several cars and several angles.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2017, 08:00:47 PM »
Stewards have come down hard so need to review it!  :)

And yet some might say not hard enough, seeing it seems anything after lap 1 was not even looked at. With this being my first season with this group it's been very clear to me that so long as you race clean on lap 1 for the rest of the race you can drive like a PlayStation warrior punting AI and no one cares because it didn't happen on lap 1....

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2017, 08:05:35 PM »

And yet some might say not hard enough, seeing it seems anything after lap 1 was not even looked at. With this being my first season with this group it's been very clear to me that so long as you race clean on lap 1 for the rest of the race you can drive like a PlayStation warrior punting AI and no one cares because it didn't happen on lap 1....
There is way to much time required for Wally to review the whole race so lap 1 it is.  That said, the normal standard of racing here is very good and the PlayStation analogy is simply wrong!
p.s. I was being sarcastic, as from memory there was a bit or argy bargy prior to the incident I was penalised for so I wanted to see the replay to confirm!

Offline GymnasticHippo

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2017, 08:36:06 PM »

Interesting view point. As a fellow newbie on my first season I have to say I didn't really get that vibe (totally understand its your personal opinion too - please don't think i'm trying to say you're wrong  :) )

My understanding is that lap one would be scrutinized by default as that would typically be where its most likely for carnage to occur. And as others have said, it would take a truckload of time to review (considering we race for approx 90 minutes each week).

That said, if there's something particularly awry about someone's driving behaviour at some stage throughout the rest of the race that deliberately causes carnage I feel (and correct me if i'm wrong here @Wally) you'd have grounds to contact the Wally as the moderator of the league for review. Perhaps having reviewed the incident yourself on replay so you can help him pinpoint the moment in question.

Cheers,
GH

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2017, 08:36:58 PM »

Yeah, that's harsh brad. I know you copped a bump or two, but that's why I made the point earlier about watching some more of the racing in replay. There is a vast majority of really good racing going on, with 24 cars on a track with some quite slow corners. To put it into persepctive, 18 laps at Vallelunga by 24 cars equates to over 1,700 km of race distance, and we had 65 touches in total. That includes all little rubs and scrapes. That's 0.037 touches of any sort per km.

Like Freezer said, there's no way I can adjudicate every collision over the whole race. It takes long enough just to look at lap 1 and then decide who's at fault, if anyone is.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Shayne

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2017, 08:42:46 PM »

This is not exactly true. If someone wrongs you throughout the race, you can always request that Wally look at it. Wally is only initially looking at the first lap otherwise he'll be at it all night but if someone takes you out throughout a race and doesn't redress it then just make note of the lap it happened on so Wally can look at it later.
This is actually something that I'm unsure of myself, I've seen it done before so always believed it's a possibility to request any incident be looked at further. If Wally could confirm this, that would be great.

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2017, 11:41:29 PM »

Yeah, that's harsh brad. I know you copped a bump or two, but that's why I made the point earlier about watching some more of the racing in replay. There is a vast majority of really good racing going on, with 24 cars on a track with some quite slow corners. To put it into persepctive, 18 laps at Vallelunga by 24 cars equates to over 1,700 km of race distance, and we had 65 touches in total. That includes all little rubs and scrapes. That's 0.037 touches of any sort per km.

Like Freezer said, there's no way I can adjudicate every collision over the whole race. It takes long enough just to look at lap 1 and then decide who's at fault, if anyone is.

Just calling it how I'm seeing/feeling it - my statistics of experiencing being punted off track 5 times and seeing 0 intervention would counter such an argument of clean racing.  I don't know why it keeps happening, but it does and it's extremely demotivating. I understand we all make mistakes, however it's plain to see that some people need to learn that the race is won on the last lap and not the first couple.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2017, 07:43:58 AM »
Yes, I've made the offer before that if you feel you've been unfairly hit later in the race, you can ask me to review the incident. Tell me the race, lap and who you think hit you (to make it easy for me to find the incident), and I'll review it.

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2017, 09:46:06 AM »

Just calling it how I'm seeing/feeling it - my statistics of experiencing being punted off track 5 times and seeing 0 intervention would counter such an argument of clean racing.  I don't know why it keeps happening, but it does and it's extremely demotivating. I understand we all make mistakes, however it's plain to see that some people need to learn that the race is won on the last lap and not the first couple.

You were unlucky.

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2017, 09:52:53 AM »
I was slow.

Race 1. I was slow. Had some good racing.

Race 2. I was still slow. Had some really good racing.(edit) and a big shout-out to my teammate for reintroducing the "Malachi Crunch" on Dave O I think it was, at turn one. Had I known I would have given up that corner. That could have been some really good racing. I lost a little bit of traction coming through the last corner and Dave had a little bit of speed on me down the straight and was along side into turn one sequence. I wanted to hold position because I would had had the inside line through the second part of the sweeping S's. Fast chicane really. I didn't see that Bacchulum had a run on DaveO on the inside of him into the first part of the turn and we went in three wide. Because I'd compromised DaveO's line he couldn't really couldn't give Bacchulum the little bit of room he needed, and we came together in the famous "Malachi Crunch". Unfortunately it had the same effect on me as was suffered by the Malachi's when trying to finish Pinky Tuscadero. I went off and lost enough time that I couldn't get back in touch with them. Both were too fast for me anyway and it was fun racing. I thought it was hilarious, but I'm a bit special.

My impressions of the night. First night back after three weeks I'm not surprised there were a few more incidents than usual, but it was clean from my race point. Mid field can be a bit of a lottery for the first five laps because you're all around the some overall times but the different restrictions mean there can be a couple of areas where the speed differences are greater, making it a challenge.

As a separate issue:
I don't know who was doing the speaking on Teamspeak, but could you please keep your indignance and outrage for after the race, and do it here; or don't push your button and make your significant other listen to it. I know it's frustrating, but I'm not interested in hearing it during the race. I'm trying not to hit people, avoid accidents, and drive as fast as my slow arse can manage.
Cheers
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 10:37:14 AM by doobs »

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2017, 10:46:06 AM »
Malachi Crunch

Had to google it  ;D

And yeah handicapped seasons always has more incidents as drivers of different talents tries to occupy the same segment of road.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2017, 10:48:52 AM »

As a separate issue:
I don't know who was doing the speaking on Teamspeak, but could you please keep your indignance and outrage for after the race, and do it here; or don't push your button and make your significant other listen to it. I know it's frustrating, but I'm not interested in hearing it during the race. I'm trying not to hit people, avoid accidents, and drive as fast as my slow arse can manage.
Cheers

If you mean me raging, Sorry, I very rarely speak during a race, it takes a decent grievance for me to speak up , but if it needs saying I will say it
I am sorry you cannot concentrate with some background noise, I have music blaring during a race and forgot not everyone does that
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 10:55:23 AM by Phil.8 »
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2017, 12:07:51 PM »

As a separate issue:
Cheers

If you mean me raging, Sorry, I very rarely speak during a race, it takes a decent grievance for me to speak up , but if it needs saying I will say it
I am sorry you cannot concentrate with some background noise, I have music blaring during a race and forgot not everyone does that

I agree with doobs here, and it wasn't you Phil; you waited till after the race. It was very early on. Not sure who it was as was a voice I didn't recognize. It sets up a negative atmosphere for the whole race.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2017, 12:11:49 PM »
(edit) and a big shout-out to my teammate for reintroducing the "Malachi Crunch" on Dave O I think it was, at turn one. Had I known I would have given up that corner. That could have been some really good racing. I lost a little bit of traction coming through the last corner and Dave had a little bit of speed on me down the straight and was along side into turn one sequence. I wanted to hold position because I would had had the inside line through the second part of the sweeping S's. Fast chicane really. I didn't see that Bacchulum had a run on DaveO on the inside of him into the first part of the turn and we went in three wide. Because I'd compromised DaveO's line he couldn't really couldn't give Bacchulum the little bit of room he needed, and we came together in the famous "Malachi Crunch". Unfortunately it had the same effect on me as was suffered by the Malachi's when trying to finish Pinky Tuscadero. I went off and lost enough time that I couldn't get back in touch with them. Both were too fast for me anyway and it was fun racing. I thought it was hilarious, but I'm a bit special.
Now I remember that.
I wasn't aware you were still on the outside. :(
And after the incident I remembered DaveO doesn't have helicorsa, due to the Rift. :-[
(or have they sorted that out Dave?)

2+2=√16

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2017, 12:23:05 PM »
Believe Helicorsa works with VR, it's just you can't force the virtual mirror on.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal