Xtreme Gaming Network

S36 - 90's DTM - Sign Up and Info

Author Topic: S36 - 90's DTM - Sign Up and Info  (Read 4418 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S36 - 90's DTM - Sign Up and Info
« on: December 30, 2020, 10:02:55 AM »
Season 36 is based on a hybrid of the Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters (DTM) and International Touring Car Series (ITC) of the 90's.

Sign up for the season at the car dealer HERE. If you don't have a login at the car dealer, PM me (Wally) your Steam ID and your racing name. You will be given a Mercedes by default, but you can select any car which you will drive the whole season. After round 5, there will be an optional car swap if you want to drive another car for the rest of the season.
If you want to use a custom skin, or use the same skin every week, enter the skin folder name in the car dealer, e.g. "2020_008_r02" (without the quotes).

Cars
  • BMW M3 E30 Gr.A 92 (with 20% restrictor)
  • Mercedes-Benz 190E EVO II
  • Alfa Romeo 155 TI V6 (with 12% restrictor)
Schedule
Season schedule and track downloads are HERE. The season starts Jan 12 and finishes Mar 23 (with a bye on Jan 26 in case people are away for Australia Day).

Tracks feature from the real life series:
Hockenheimring
Nurburgring
Estoril
Helsinki Thunder
Norisring
Donington Park
Silverstone
Mugello
Interlagos
Suzuka

Format
15 min qualifying session, starting at 8:30 pm Eastern Daylight Savings Time. Your top 2 qualifying times determine the start position for races 1 and 2.
This is followed by two races of 30 mins each. There are no compulsory pit stops.

Points for each race are as per the real life series:
20    15    12    10    8    6    4    3    2    1

Penalty for causing an avoidable lap 1 incident is 60 kg ballast for race 1 only of the next round.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 10:00:14 AM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S36 - 90's DTM - Sign Up and Info
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2021, 08:00:56 PM »
I think it might make life interesting to mandate a car swap at the halfway point of the season.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2021, 11:29:44 PM »

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2021, 11:43:14 PM »
I think it might make life interesting to mandate a car swap at the halfway point of the season.
Is this post of yours affecting us?  ;)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2021, 08:58:45 AM »
I think so, but I'm still umming and aahing a bit. Let me know what you think of the idea. It could spice up the chase for the championship a bit, if someone dominates the first half of the season in one particular car, but then doesn't do as well in another car.

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2021, 11:41:37 AM »
I think so, but I'm still umming and aahing a bit. Let me know what you think of the idea. It could spice up the chase for the championship a bit, if someone dominates the first half of the season in one particular car, but then doesn't do as well in another car.
We just need a Citroen 2CV booked in for Bueller and it will be fine  ;)
I picked the Alfa...and that's only based on my practice offline before our fun run at the Nurburgring and I wouldn't mind keeping it for the entire season.
There's ACC GT3 on Monday and that will keep me busy enough.
However, guess there is a chance that changing cars mid season could mix up things a little bit...all depends on what cars the fast guys pick.
So I agree with your point, but still voted against it. It is a proper season though, so I think setting the rules before the season starts would be better.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 11:47:34 AM by killagorilla »

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2021, 12:09:32 PM »
I think its a wait and see option.  Different tracks will likely have an effect on results also.  Personal preference for me is to stay in the one car and you could also tweek the restrictor if it was leaning to far one way.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal