Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 3 round 2: Gentrack Race Chat

Author Topic: Season 3 round 2: Gentrack Race Chat  (Read 63760 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: Season 3 round 2: Gentrack Race Chat
« Reply #90 on: September 25, 2014, 06:37:37 PM »
Nice work Dick at least Guy will stand out even more, easier for you to hit him.

Here is my setup in the standard Elise SC with a current best of 1:09.020

[Old attachment deleted by admin to free up space]

Offline crimespree

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 25, 2014, 08:05:01 PM »

Nice work Dick at least Guy will stand out even more, easier for you to hit him.

Thanks marty. I've done a 1:08.8 with the std set up. Initially I was removing some oversteer but if you drive it like a front wheel drive and keep your foot buried it's quite predictable. Nicely throttle steer able in the big right hand sweeper. I'm on holidays so I'll be practising this week with a goal to not let you past it somehow I wind up in front of you!

Offline crimespree

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 25, 2014, 08:30:47 PM »
Also I thought Tuesday was great with the close racing..
In race 1 I had a good battle with phil from maybe half way onwards after i spun on my own then got back to business,
race 2 had a great time chasing gwyar then missed a shift and marty slipped through  after being on my tail for many laps
In race 3 bacculum and i battled from the start, he slipped next to me on turn 2 and we held side be side in turn 3, we came together and spun, from then it was on for the rest of the race.. He uses all the track and I struggled to get past so i did what anyone what do, i rammed him, It was genuinely accidental though and i wasn't happy because i don’t want to be that guy, i redressed the position and went on, i slipped past near the end when he made a small error at the bus stop, thanks for the great racing!

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 25, 2014, 09:55:42 PM »

Oops this was meant to be for the next round at castle hill.

Offline RPM

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 25, 2014, 10:38:06 PM »
Hi, I downloaded the replays and extracted them to the replay folder but they will not play for some reason.
I can select them and click on load, but they just start to load and then hang?
Any ideas?

Ron

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 25, 2014, 10:53:23 PM »
Hi, I downloaded the replays and extracted them to the replay folder but they will not play for some reason.
I can select them and click on load, but they just start to load and then hang?
Any ideas?

Ron

I wonder if anyone else has had this issue, they work fine for me and are the exact same files. Try to restart the game but you have likely already done that and if you add replays without a restart they wont even show in the game normally.

Maybe you got a corrupt download but if it extracts without any issues they should be fine.

Do you have any issues loading replays with 24 cars normally as maybe with post effects and seeing cars externally it could be more load on the system causing it to hang in some cases. You can try reduce some settings and see if that helps but I will try an redownload them and see if there is any issue with the file as it uploaded.

EDIT: I just downloaded the files and tried them without issue so appears nothing is wrong with the upload.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 11:08:09 PM by marty »

Offline RPM

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 25, 2014, 11:40:22 PM »
Hi Marty, upon further investigation I cannot get any replays to play. This is the first time I have tried to play a replay ever...
I have post processing effects turned off completely as it was causing major issues with my frame rates. Would this be the cause?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 26, 2014, 12:00:53 AM »
Hi Marty, upon further investigation I cannot get any replays to play. This is the first time I have tried to play a replay ever...
I have post processing effects turned off completely as it was causing major issues with my frame rates. Would this be the cause?

It shouldnt cause it to not play in replays you should be able to change settings without effect. It couod be possible that replays stress the system more then when your viewing the race from the cockpit but even that is unlikely.

Id suggest to do a steam cache check of AC then if that doesnt fix the issue go to the official forum amd post there along with your system logs. One of the devs will be able to take a look and most likely sort things out for you.

Are you running many 3rd party apps? These tend to break things after major game updates so best to always keep them up to date. You can try disable all 3rd party apps and try run a replay to see if one of those is causing your problem.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal