Xtreme Gaming Network

S28R2: Suzuka 1988

Author Topic: S28R2: Suzuka 1988  (Read 33019 times)

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
Re: S28R2: Suzuka 1988
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2019, 06:58:18 AM »
This is Seanus passing Brad. You can see that Brad's car in front is consistently wandering left and right.
The question I ask before handing Brad a penalty is "Could Brad have avoided this?". Brad could have given more racing room as soon as he knew he was passed. Seanus could have not braked so soon after passing Brad. My call is no clear fault, so no penalty.
[youtube]J5JUHmCj60I[/youtube]

Very unlucky for Seanus...poor c...err...fella ;-)...like me...I was run into in r1 and r2 as well (and lost many positions, especially the second one where I was at the edge of the track letting pretty much everyone pass before I was able to re-enter the track savely...that was painful)...I know Freezer suffered from a guy having little control over his car as well ;-)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 07:03:23 AM by killagorilla »

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2019, 08:08:48 AM »
but making a rule or whatever to say don't go back on the racing line after passing is nonsensical at least in comparison to real world racing.
Except the FIA have a rule of leaving a car width if you go back to the outside, and no changing lines in the braking zone, because even F1 drivers have issues with it. ;)
Oh I didn't know that, fair enough

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2019, 08:28:51 AM »
Slept on it.
Not angry anymore as that last post reached escape velocity.
I'll apologise now, lest I've set a crash course for the Sun.
You might like to reflect on the fact that I have been running this community for years, for free (in fact, at my expense), in my own time and we all here for fun.

The moderation is not about 5 year olds stumbling across the forum. There are other people here in THIS community who don't appreciate the language or tone.

I never said I wasn't going to change my judgement. I put the video up to gauge community thoughts about it, and then I'll see if I was wrong or right about my decision. Later...
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2019, 08:39:23 AM »
Wally, how do you get  into the top-down view?  I didn't seem to have that camera angle.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2019, 09:45:30 AM »
Wally, how do you get  into the top-down view?  I didn't seem to have that camera angle.
F5, then use your mouse to swing the camera around.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 17, 2019, 09:59:50 AM »
F5, then use your mouse to swing the camera around.
Awesome, thanks!

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2019, 10:04:28 AM »
You have to enable free camera in one of the settings ini's in the AC folder I believe.

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2019, 12:35:19 PM »
I was following that one in the race I think.
From my car when it happened and from the replay, my thought was, and is that the car on the inside screwed up.

But

I'm not Wally, and it's his call.  He makes 'em and I respect them even if I think he's not quite right :) (It is very rare that I think he's not quite right)
It could be worse and we could be subject to iRacing justice. Now that would really suck.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2019, 03:38:47 PM »
You have to enable free camera in one of the settings ini's in the AC folder I believe.
Yeah, it's a bit obscure. Some spherical coords setting has to be 0 in a system camera cfg file (I can't remember the exact details now, but I'm sure you can find it).
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 17, 2019, 03:42:32 PM »
Well, the consensus seems to be that Brad was in the wrong here, so I will issue Brad a penalty for next round. Because he already had a penalty, he'll have penalty ballast in both race 1 and 2.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 17, 2019, 03:53:15 PM »
Yeah, it's a bit obscure. Some spherical coords setting has to be 0 in a system camera cfg file (I can't remember the exact details now, but I'm sure you can find it).

I've found the free cam setting easily enough in the assetto_corsa.ini.  This allows the F5 cam.   Maybe you can extend its range by some other obscure config?

Btw I've found another handy thing:  a quick-change to any car (python app)!
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/carsel.9725/

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 17, 2019, 05:49:55 PM »
Well, the consensus seems to be that Brad was in the wrong here, so I will issue Brad a penalty for next round. Because he already had a penalty, he'll have penalty ballast in both race 1 and 2.

Having read the abuse in this thread over the past 48 hours it seems that if you don't agree with Wally you just abuse the forum until you get your own way, which is simply appalling!

We've been all been on the wrong end of something and I don't think anyone I've raced here does this things deliberately, heck I know I certainly don't. At the time of the said incident I thought it was 50/50 as I thought it was a silly place for a passing car to put themselves knowing the speed being traveled with an extremely short time to react before the corner, plus these cars are hard enough to keep control of as it is. 

From some of posts here it seems people think this was a cold, calculated act, performed deliberately to ruins Seanus' day and that he's been hard done by. It most certainly was not. We all make mistakes but it's how we conduct ourselves which makes the difference. Seeing the kangaroo court has spoken, I'll just park it for next week's racing because if this is how people want to conduct themselves then, quite frankly, I have better things I can do with my spare time.....

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 17, 2019, 06:05:43 PM »
Brad, it may have been a hairy pass (I don't think it was, but let's say) - but after the pass you've been on the inside.  Then you made a mistake.  Nobody said you deliberately knocked the other car off track.
But the car in front did nothing wrong, went straight towards the corner & started braking.  That could not be accounted as a fault in any way or form IMO.  But happy to hear your argument; how is this a racing mistake at all?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 17, 2019, 06:12:13 PM »

Having read the abuse in this thread over the past 48 hours it seems that if you don't agree with Wally you just abuse the forum until you get your own way, which is simply appalling!

We've been all been on the wrong end of something and I don't think anyone I've raced here does this things deliberately, heck I know I certainly don't. At the time of the said incident I thought it was 50/50 as I thought it was a silly place for a passing car to put themselves knowing the speed being traveled with an extremely short time to react before the corner, plus these cars are hard enough to keep control of as it is. 

From some of posts here it seems people think this was a cold, calculated act, performed deliberately to ruins Seanus' day and that he's been hard done by. It most certainly was not. We all make mistakes but it's how we conduct ourselves which makes the difference. Seeing the kangaroo court has spoken, I'll just park it for next week's racing because if this is how people want to conduct themselves then, quite frankly, I have better things I can do with my spare time.....
Brad, no one ever accused you of anything deliberately malicious. It's clearly just an honest racing incident. I have made an effort to stop the abuse, which was certainly directed at me alone, the way I see it. As I've done before, if I make a judgement that people think is questionable, I open it up for discussion with a video, and if enough people disagree with my call, I change it. This is not the first time we've done this.

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 20, 2019, 04:47:29 PM »
Brad, it may have been a hairy pass (I don't think it was, but let's say) - but after the pass you've been on the inside.  Then you made a mistake.  Nobody said you deliberately knocked the other car off track.
But the car in front did nothing wrong, went straight towards the corner & started braking.  That could not be accounted as a fault in any way or form IMO.  But happy to hear your argument; how is this a racing mistake at all?

I know it's a waste of my breath, but I'll type it anyway.....

In my opinion I felt it was reckless move by Seanus. At the time,  it felt like there was side to side contact during the pass and from my mirrors it looked like he was passing on the grass. The next I know he's braking in front of me and I honestly thought he was brake testing me! I felt like I had not time to avoid the contact because Seanus was braking a lot earlier than expected.

As these are split second decisions, it is why I had believed that Wally was right in calling it a racing incident as we both contributed to the accident. I never portrayed myself as totally innocent, but I certainly find it hard to accept I was totally responsible for this either, as is now the case after being issued a penalty. For me, it doesn't matter I'll still drive the same way be it lap 1, lap 9 or lap 100.

Regardless, I now know if I get bumped off the track on lap one and a penalty isn't applied that I need to follow Seanus lead and just write abusive posts until the decision is reversed....lesson learned.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal