Xtreme Gaming Network

ptracker/stracker

Author Topic: ptracker/stracker  (Read 35866 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: ptracker/stracker
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2015, 12:00:57 PM »
I made the server have a permenant elastic IP now so links should never change. This is now the curre t and final steacker link though track combo will change.

http://52.64.0.0:50041/lapstat?track=mugello&cars=vsfr-formularenault35_2014_hdf&valid=1,2&date_from=&date_to=

I dont think there is any charge for using an elastic IP for a server thats always on but they say there is a small hourly charge while its not being used. I assume thats just so people dont take up lots of fixed ip addresses and not use them which could become a problem for aws after a while.

I was trying to find a way to get one that will make ac know the server is in Australia but this doesnt seem possible.  :'(

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2015, 12:46:33 PM »
nice!  who thought a piece of stretchy material could offer so much.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2015, 01:09:57 PM »
Good one Marty.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2015, 02:09:38 PM »
Seems doing this has already started causing issues with the server, I will need to disable access to the server for all others for a while as I try and figure out what is causing these weird things to go on.

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2015, 03:02:36 PM »
Having had some similar issues of late with my y fronts, I feel more than competent in offering a bit of advice on this matter.
Have you tried loosening your elastic Marty?  :-X

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2015, 03:52:16 PM »
Stracker seems to have had issues from the beginning.  Maybe it's just doomed to be buggy, which is a huge shame.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2015, 05:01:45 PM »
Stracker seems to have had issues from the beginning.  Maybe it's just doomed to be buggy, which is a huge shame.

Not sure but stracker has been quite solid of late, and its still running but maybe Minorating is having issues with the new fixed IP and blocking access for some reason. This means servers currently have a very limited blacklist and minorating is not working at all so id stay off the pub servers until its sorted.

I have gone stricter on the server firewall too so it should not allow any access beyond the acserver and plugins, also only 1 RDP connection atm and that's only from my system which I will open up again once I figure out if there are any issues coming from that.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2015, 10:16:24 AM »
I made the server have a permenant elastic IP now so links should never change. This is now the curre t and final steacker link though track combo will change.

http://52.64.0.0:50041/lapstat?track=mugello&cars=vsfr-formularenault35_2014_hdf&valid=1,2&date_from=&date_to=

I dont think there is any charge for using an elastic IP for a server thats always on but they say there is a small hourly charge while its not being used. I assume thats just so people dont take up lots of fixed ip addresses and not use them which could become a problem for aws after a while.

I was trying to find a way to get one that will make ac know the server is in Australia but this doesnt seem possible.  :'(

Ok need to scrap this idea, fixed IP and I cant connect to the MR servers so this has been abandoned. I tried all I could but no go, went back to how it was and no issues again so if I need to do a full server restart I will just have to post the new stracker address in an easy to find post where it will stay up to date.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2016, 12:30:13 PM »
Maybe we should sticky this thread, seeing as most of our/marty's servers run this now? ???

2+2=√16

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2016, 12:51:05 PM »
Should just set up a domain with 0 TTL so it can be changed immediately if needs be. That's what I do with http://ac.yeahyou.com/ and I have it running on port 80 so I don't need to remember the port.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2016, 01:53:02 PM »
Sorry Joe, didn't understand a single word of that. :-[ :-[

2+2=√16

Rolz

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2016, 01:57:25 PM »
with the amount of $$$ Marty spends on IT stuff, I'm sure a domain name and dynamic DNS would fix this in a jiffy...  ;D

Offline insomniac

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2016, 05:27:17 PM »
Couldn't just use the xgn.com.au domain name and point assetto.xgn.com.au to the servers? I run a VPS with static IP and ac and stracker minorating etc no problems except for being loonix based, it also hosts other things such as assetto replays, and an aq2 server lol

Rolz

« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2016, 05:47:37 PM »
need to talk to domain owner, but because it's not a static ip that's the issue.

i run dyndns so i can rdp into my home machine at anytime.

my vps also has static ip and i just update the domain name i own "rolz.me"

the joys of a cheap linux vps, 12bucks a month hosts all my FTW servers :)

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2018, 10:10:16 PM »
Just for information -  there are new stable versions of ptracker and stracker, v3.4.0:
http://www.n-e-y-s.de/download

Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal