Xtreme Gaming Network

S35R7 - Dijon Prenois

Author Topic: S35R7 - Dijon Prenois  (Read 12484 times)

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S35R7 - Dijon Prenois
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2020, 12:56:31 AM »
R2, I noticed a spinning car which said BOOST on the side in my mirror

I assume this was me. I blame Mael, he didn't hit me, but he did force me not to take the lines I wanted so that's clearly his fault. probably deserves a penalty..

At that stage my yaw was still on the ground, staring in disbelief at Bueller. He had so much more grip off the line and around T1. Going to have to send him my setup so he can see how real men race, none of these perfect cars  :)

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2020, 07:55:39 AM »

I assume this was me. I blame Mael, he didn't hit me, but he did force me not to take the lines I wanted so that's clearly his fault. probably deserves a penalty..

At that stage my yaw was still on the ground, staring in disbelief at Bueller. He had so much more grip off the line and around T1. Going to have to send him my setup so he can see how real men race, none of these perfect cars  :)

To maximise what little grip there is in both accelleration and braking I'm using the FanaLab software to display flashing lights on my wheel when there is tyre lock/spin. I've tried to make a mini dash hud in sim hub for you guys but I can't get it to work, I wanted to make a set of LED's that you can pop onto the dash of any car. Simhub dash studio seems so unintuitive. The only way I know right now for you guys to get the same info is to use the ProTyres app and change the setting to "direct" in the apps ini, or if you have bass shakers in sim hub. I can turn it off for myself if you prefer, however I'm only receiving information that built in / available and what we would normally feel in a real car.

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2020, 11:02:05 AM »
Here another way to get cues about grip when accelerating and braking...it's cheap too. A mate of mine has done that, I tried it a few times and I really like it. It's definitely on my to do list...I'm just a bit lazy atm.

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2020, 11:52:55 AM »
Here another way to get cues about grip when accelerating and braking...it's cheap too. A mate of mine has done that, I tried it a few times and I really like it. It's definitely on my to do list...I'm just a bit lazy atm.

Cool, the fanatec v3 pedals have these built in but I don't use them for slip/lock, it doesn't always work properly, haven't tested in a while though, different drivers would work while others would not. Atm I've got throttle set to vibe at rev limiter and brake to abs active.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2020, 02:55:15 PM »

To maximise what little grip there is in both accelleration and braking I'm using the FanaLab software to display flashing lights on my wheel when there is tyre lock/spin. I've tried to make a mini dash hud in sim hub for you guys but I can't get it to work, I wanted to make a set of LED's that you can pop onto the dash of any car. Simhub dash studio seems so unintuitive. The only way I know right now for you guys to get the same info is to use the ProTyres app and change the setting to "direct" in the apps ini, or if you have bass shakers in sim hub. I can turn it off for myself if you prefer, however I'm only receiving information that built in / available and what we would normally feel in a real car.
Look here, I made a little app to show wheel slip: http://xgn.com.au/index.php?topic=3103.msg55377#msg55377
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal