Xtreme Gaming Network

Apr 19 - season 11 bye - fun run?

Author Topic: Apr 19 - season 11 bye - fun run?  (Read 25799 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Apr 19 - season 11 bye - fun run?
« on: April 12, 2016, 11:24:24 PM »
I'll be away next Tuesday, so if someone else wants to organise some kind of fun run, go ahead.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: Apr 19 - season 11 bye - fun run?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 11:46:56 PM »
I'll be away next Tuesday, so if someone else wants to organise some kind of fun run, go ahead.

I can run a fun run if needed, any suggestions guys? We can gonwith a majority decision or maybe wally can run a poll with a few options.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 12:10:38 AM »
How about giving the new Mustang a go?
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2016, 12:13:30 AM »
The other day we were discussing how nice the Miura feels now. Perhaps it could be interesting to try it out for some races on one of your servers, Marty, and see how it goes for racing (it is nice to drive, but probably not great for races). Otherwise we might do something silly with the little Abarth oldie Step2.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2016, 09:54:02 AM »
Most of the cars do feel quite new, we can run some of the new old stuff like the miura. We did run the other lambos at lucaring between seasons.

We could also have 3 short races in the 3 new cars, the corvette mustang and baby fiat. Probably run them from slowest to fastest on one track, maybe a good mod track we havent raced yet for example Bridgehampton or another of that type of quality others suggest. We coukd even run all 3 cars at once and get people to run 1 race in each and have a mixed grid field.

We could run the Bathurst track too except I dont know if the fiat would make it up the mountain.  ;D

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2016, 10:05:13 AM »
Bridgehampton is nice and fun, although fitting some cars better than others. In any case, track should be sandy ;)

Did we try track Poznan. It feels slightly flat at points, but it is really well made graphically and apparently very accurate (did I hear something was laser scanned from top? Btw: what happened to the laserscann project for Baskerville?)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2016, 10:15:01 AM »
Baskerville isnt laserscanned and I hadnt heard of them going that way but maybe you know more there then I do. That is a cool little track though we have ran it in a few fun runs already I think but its a track I do like.

I saw that symmons plains is now in AC. I havent tried it in AC yet but the rf2 version is very good though the screens Ive seen dont seem to do it justice from hiw I remember that version in RF2.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2016, 11:13:16 AM »
As I have the morning off, I am just updating the server and will put up Symmons with the 3 new cars and people can give this a run and say if this may be something a few would want to run or we can try other tracks such as Poznan another day. We can do a mixed grid or 3 races with one in each car making the races maybe 15 minutes long each or possibly even shorter as some tend not to want to hang around too long on a fun nite.

Edit: I have put up the server but also just noticed that symmons only has 17 grid spots (why do people make mod tracks with so few grid spots I have no idea) So quite likely if there is a bit of interest for people in a fun run this track will be a no go. Most mid season runs dont get a huge turnout but I think 17 is likely not enough as we dont want people that want to run to miss out.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 11:45:30 AM by marty »

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2016, 11:56:16 AM »
Yeah, I was not suggesting Baskerville, just wondering what happened to that project. He talked of a laserscan experiment for a while, e.g. on this page of the thread http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/baskerville-raceway-australia-scratch-built-project-v0-8-released.13822/page-37 .

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2016, 06:35:47 PM »
Seems it may be just Grat and me on the fun run, or everyone loves the current suggestion. So by the looks of it we will run the 3 new cars or the miura as they are the only suggestions. Track wise we havent really picked one but I think Poznan as my choice hasnt got enough grid spots and thats the only other suggestion.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2016, 07:22:20 PM »
Riverside is a good scratch track. 8)

2+2=√16

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2016, 12:04:02 PM »
Riverside is a good scratch track. 8)

I will put that up on the server tonight then and maybe Poznan at some point over the weekend.

I will also trial something new for the practice server as I asked Minolin about a possible whitelist. This will allow me to add all the xgn guys in to the whitelist (assuming it works as its still untested) and then have the server also open to others but only A or B rated guys with minorating.

Currently server is ABCN as not all xgn users may have a rating and some may have dropped down to C grade and N is unrated still. Possibly even on the fun run we can run the server as open to all xgn and AB rated others, this should ensure these others arent hazards and may get some more league exposure plus boost the field size as fun runs rarely get the same numbers as normal season races.

If we use a track with a large grid limit of 30 we may even possibly fill this if 15 or so xgn guys are in and others see its busy so may jump in too.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2016, 12:40:48 PM »
I do seem to remember someone getting bumped down to C recently  8)

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2016, 12:46:58 PM »
I would vote for Mustangs at Riverside NASCAR.  8)
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2016, 01:44:58 PM »
I do seem to remember someone getting bumped down to C recently  8)

Guybrush did manage to do this I recall, not sure if other XGN guys also did but looks like the way it will be implemented is the whitelist will work for all my servers so any XGN user in this whitelist will get access to the practice server and any of my other ones even if they have dropped their grade. My first test is a partial success with the whitelist as I was able to get into the server when restricted to W grade only but with multiple GUID's in the system it currently isnt working but I trust Minolin can sort this little issue out.

I was lucky he had a little spare time to have a go at this for me and possibly even the Thursday nite races could be run this way with a whitelist for xgn and open to whatever MR grades you guys would want beyond that. AB are all pretty solid drivers so shouldnt cause any issues but I have seen some C graders look pretty dodgy but Guybrush is fairly dodgy at whatever grade and he even managed to be in AB earlier.

Trackwise it will be Between Riverside, Bridgehampton and Poznan all depending on how many cars they are set for. Riverside is the most Beta of these and the only one of them I have ran is Bridgehampton which is a top track. I cant remember the grid limit there so that may be the deciding factor between the 3 as Id like to have a min limit of 24 incase we get a few that want a run.

Would you guys prefer just to run the one car as Bruce suggests or do 3 shorter races with all 3 of the latest official cars. The C7R is a nice drive too but just a bit too quick against the mustang, the little abarth could be interesting in its slowness and close racing though we would use the least slow variant.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal