Xtreme Gaming Network

S28R4: Imola 72

Author Topic: S28R4: Imola 72  (Read 24177 times)

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
Re: S28R4: Imola 72
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2019, 02:00:42 PM »
I seem to have fallen out of grace for my previous insolence; I can't find Guybrush's setup, can't d/l it from the server :)

Having said that I find this track a nigh' unplayable one; the walls are sticky, abrasive, there are holes on the outsides of the corners, and the walls are too close even if they aren't deadly - it's essentially an extremely fast & undulated city circuit.  I've even managed to get through one of the walls at some point.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2019, 02:16:08 PM »
Well that's not real good. My advice: don't hit the walls. As I said before, we have raced here previously without any dramas. Fingers crossed that it's alright on the night.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Seanus

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2019, 02:17:31 PM »

...the walls are sticky, abrasive, there are holes on the outsides of the corners...

Here we go,extract that to the track folder and overwrite collision.kn5

Can't swear I got it all as culling the faces needed was a bit tricky. Quick test was all good so see how we go.
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2019, 02:55:52 PM »

...the walls are sticky, abrasive, there are holes on the outsides of the corners...

Here we go,extract that to the track folder and overwrite collision.kn5

Can't swear I got it all as culling the faces needed was a bit tricky. Quick test was all good so see how we go.

Yes, and thanks, I've already installed that bit, and it has improved things a lot. However, that still leaves places where it's rather deadly :)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 04:09:38 PM by Bird »

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2019, 06:23:57 PM »
Done a few laps last night...it's a fantastic track  :)

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2019, 07:26:53 PM »
Not sure I'll make this race.  Haven't had a chance to do any practice and not sure I'll be a safe entrant tomorrow night if I just rock up.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2019, 10:12:07 AM »
Not sure I'll make this race.  Haven't had a chance to do any practice and not sure I'll be a safe entrant tomorrow night if I just rock up.
There's always time for practice before the race...
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline kcender87

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2019, 10:53:21 AM »
yeah - you'll be fine GB - imola is imola - we all know where it goes :P

lotus setup if anyone wants to have a crack

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2019, 06:16:14 PM »
Server's up.

Offline JamieP

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2019, 08:41:25 PM »
Sorry but decided to sit this round out. Besides being incredibly slow, I was getting major stuttering in multiple sections of the track. Given that I'd get lapped at least once but most of the field, I'd rather sit out and not ruin someone elses race.

Have fun guys and hopefully I can get back on track for next round.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2019, 08:46:46 PM »
Sorry but decided to sit this round out. Besides being incredibly slow, I was getting major stuttering in multiple sections of the track. Given that I'd get lapped at least once but most of the field, I'd rather sit out and not ruin someone elses race.

Have fun guys and hopefully I can get back on track for next round.
Better luck next week Jamie.

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2019, 10:02:22 PM »
Sorry about the fuck up in race 3...hit the guard rail and lost it completely. Seems I've taken a few car with me :-(
Edit:
A sorry to Joe and Guybrush as well...wasn't even aware of the incident with Guybrush.
Ran out of fuel in race one...shifted very early during the last lap, but still didn't make it.
It was a bad night, but fun racing. The track was great.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 09:52:15 AM by killagorilla »

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2019, 10:35:37 PM »
Last - 6th - 2nd = comeback!
I unfortunately got cleaned up in both attempts to start race 1, with the second resulting in a fairly damaged car with 30kg's in the boot so I ultimately pitted to repair.
Starting last in Race 2 I was able to keep it clean and as the seas parted got my way through to 6th.
A similar outcome in race 3 saw me surprised to be in 2nd, so just focused on keeping the concentration up to get home.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2019, 11:13:18 PM »
Results are up in the 1st post.

I gotta say, for all the outrage and dummy spitting at the start of race 1, all that happened was Bird hit the barrier all by himself at high speed and spun out into the track, causing a pile up that was always going to be hard to avoid on that very fast sweeping turn 1 if anyone crashed. That's racing!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2019, 06:59:55 AM »
Race 1 - being chased by Rob. Again.
Race 2 - I think it was in this race where I clipped one of the high kerbs at that double right hander and spun and collected someone (Russ?). Sorry about that. Later on, I smacked a wall and copped a 90 degree-to-the-left steering wheel, so pitted for repairs which seemed to take forever, and then on my outlap, had that unfortunate impact with Phil whn trying to let him past at turn 1. Finished the race a whisker in front of Russ.

Race 3 - was really good. A highlight was a couple of laps of good, respectful side by side racing, after I criss-crossed him at Tosa and he chased me back over the next two laps. Was chased all the way home by Rob. Again.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal