Xtreme Gaming Network

S9R2: Silverstone post-race chat

Author Topic: S9R2: Silverstone post-race chat  (Read 19554 times)

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S9R2: Silverstone post-race chat
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2015, 11:08:24 AM »

After Mael and Grubbet came to contact ahead of me, I had a free track all for me and could finally focus on finding a rhythm.

Yeah have to apologize for that one, all my fault. Qualified much higher up the grid for the second race than expected, Wally's ballast system must be working! That lead to a very difficult opening lap culminating in a massive tank slapper after the last corner in which I collected my team mate Grubbet   :(

Thought the car did not sustain much damage so pulled myself together and sprinted down to turn one. Sadly turn one never occurred with the front end turning in but the rear just merrily continuing on a straight line!

Tried to keep out of everybody way from there until lap 16 when through unfortunate circumstances I smashed into my teammate again  :o  finishing the race for both of us.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2015, 05:34:50 PM »
Race 1 was fun, chasing Threepwood the whole way, didn't catch him but still finished 5th. ;)

Race 2 and I hit reliability issues. :(
I was only getting 85% throttle and plummeted through the field.
Decided I'd had enough when that dropped to 70% and I couldn't even reach 6th gear anymore.

Don't calculate any ballast change for me based on race 2 Wally, it will be misleadingly slow. :-X

2+2=√16

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2015, 05:50:38 PM »
Well it was a pretty sucky night for me to be honest.

The first race it was obvious those that should have had ballast didn't have enough.  It was kind of fun and boring at the same time for me.  Fun because I was doing my best to keep Bachulum behind - we were between 1 and 1.5 seconds apart almost the whole race.  But it was also a little boring because the guys in front were lapping about 2 seconds per lap quicker so I had no hope.

The second race was a disaster.  Firstly, my ballast was pumped up to 158 kg which made my setup not so great and despite last minute changes to suspension, toe and dampers, still was hit and miss.

I managed a really good lap in qual which put me 7th on the grid - there was only 3 tenths in it from p7 to p14!

Then after I'd gone to grid it became known that the race was for 19 laps instead of the 17 advised, so I wasn't fueled long enough to get away with 1 pit stop and knew from then on my race was done.

Then with the increased ballast + cold tyres + low track grip and not being to enthused about the whole thing I spun it coming out of luffield on the first lap.

Then I got going again and Grubbet spun in front of me and collected me (nothing to worry about, these things happen), then someone else spun in front of me and collected me (can't remember who), then a third spinner at T1 made me dive off to the outside of the track giving me a cut for good measure.

So I was trundling around without a front or rear wing needing another stop and getting lapped.  But I carried on as I'm never a fan of those who throw in the towel and rage quit, so pushed as much as I could as there were still a few around me who hadn't had good races either.

Then when I was coming into the pits/leaving for the second time the session finished suddenly.

So not a good night, but these things test us to make the good times seem even better :)

« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 05:52:19 PM by Guybrush Threepwood »

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2015, 05:55:02 PM »
Not a great round for me lol didnt do any prac on the car so was constantly changing it, in the end it was fairly good but didnt seem the quickest.

Qualy 1 with the extra weight not much you can do the lap felt decent but was only 17th lol. Was frantic at the start with cars everywhere in the pack  i was very busy on the first lap. Found a groove and was 13th i think and just kept my nose clean and let the people ahead of me make mistakes lol to come home for a happy 9th.

qualy 2: stuffed it up didnt time my final run properly thinking i had more time than i really had lol so i didnt do a proper lap and i was punished being put back to 9th.
Again a busy start but stayed out of trouble, was having a great battle with phil just managing to hold him off, he pitted lap 9 and i was going to pit lap 10 but i didnt see the fuel light come on so i thought 1 more lap as the car was quick and i might build a buffer on phil with the light car but then 100m from the pits she died so that was that lol ended up rolling aorund for 13th ah well hopefully thats the bad luck done for me lol

do you even motorsports?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2015, 08:20:43 PM »
Race 1 was fun, chasing Threepwood the whole way, didn't catch him but still finished 5th. ;)

Race 2 and I hit reliability issues. :(
I was only getting 85% throttle and plummeted through the field.
Decided I'd had enough when that dropped to 70% and I couldn't even reach 6th gear anymore.

Don't calculate any ballast change for me based on race 2 Wally, it will be misleadingly slow. :-X
Duly noted... I'll leave your ballast at the 28kg you had.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2015, 11:17:20 PM »
Cheers for the well wishes all. Had a baby boy at 7pm today; finally one for the male team! Also born on Back to the Future day, result!

G0RGAK

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2015, 11:57:02 PM »
Cheers for the well wishes all. Had a baby boy at 7pm today; finally one for the male team! Also born on Back to the Future day, result!

Congrats mate

Did u call him Marty?   :D

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2015, 11:58:25 PM »
Congratulations Joe.....!

Rolz

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2015, 12:06:55 AM »

Congrats Joe!  ;D ;D

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2015, 06:31:16 AM »

Nice one Joe and Mrs Joe!  Hope you are all well and planning the route to the top of the sim racing world for baby Joe already :)   good God,  I could only imagine what peripherals and games will be like in 20 to 30 years time.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2015, 08:17:35 AM »
Congratulations to you and your wife :)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2015, 08:34:46 AM »
One more for the Golden Goats!!  ;D
Congrats Joe!!!  :D

Offline Jeremy

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2015, 10:01:38 AM »
Interesting weekend

Qual1: set a new pb which got me 2nd last pretty chuffed with that as I was thinking last for sure with 174kg on the car.
RCE1: Got a really good start and made a few positions but then everyone settled in and I was a sitting duck i couldnt cover my lines or attack just had to sit tight not helping was the grainning I was getting on the rear which was a tad odd. Kept it on the road and finished 15th which isnt bad considering where I started and the extra weight.

Qual2: omg 90kg less and the car felt like a rocket compared to the previous race trying to tweak the car and find new brake markers was a challenge settled for 13th with a semi decent lap.
RCE2: got a ripper start and made a few key early moves to be well inside the top 10 chasing matthew and frezzer who were having a good scrap I decided to join in. Unfortunately got a tap from freezer which spun me around and lost valuable time to the leaders, kept my head down and chased again finding myself behind wally and freezer which ended up being a pretty good battle I passed both and headed into the pits for some fresh rubber but some how came out behind the pair of them again! Eventually after some bold passing I got them both and started to chase grat. Pushing hard the whole way on the last lap I spun and lost positions to wally and marty to finish 8th I think.

Wasn't really expecting much from this week considering the weight I had but still had some good battled in the 2nd race which was fun.

congrats joe on the little one!

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2015, 11:34:24 AM »
Unfortunately got a tap from freezer which spun me around and lost valuable time to the leaders, kept my head down and chased again finding myself behind wally and freezer which ended up being a pretty good battle I passed both and headed into the pits for some fresh rubber but some how came out behind the pair of them again!
Again, sorry about the tap.  I didn't change tyres (pretty sure Wally didn't either) hence the short stop but it showed at the end as you had lots of speed..!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2015, 12:22:53 PM »
Unfortunately got a tap from freezer which spun me around and lost valuable time to the leaders, kept my head down and chased again finding myself behind wally and freezer which ended up being a pretty good battle I passed both and headed into the pits for some fresh rubber but some how came out behind the pair of them again!
Again, sorry about the tap.  I didn't change tyres (pretty sure Wally didn't either) hence the short stop but it showed at the end as you had lots of speed..!

I changed tyres and filled up.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal