Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 8 Car Poll

Poll

Which option do you want for season 8?

Fast car: Pagani Zonda R (single make)
6 (16.2%)
Mid-race car: Lotus Evora GTC and GX (drive both cars)
13 (35.1%)
Trackday: Lotus 2 Eleven (with ballast)
11 (29.7%)
Low speed: Abarth EsseEsse  Step 1 (single make)
7 (18.9%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: Season 8 Car Poll  (Read 26279 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Season 8 Car Poll
« on: July 08, 2015, 08:43:04 PM »
Four options (or classes) to choose from. You can choose up to two of your preferred options.

1. Pagani Zonda R
Fast, race-spec car, lots of setup options, soft, medium, hard tyres.
Single make series.

2. Lotus Evora GTC and Lotus Evora GX
Mid-range race cars, pretty much the same in performance.
Drive each car for half the  season.

3. Lotus 2 Eleven and Lotus 2 Eleven GT4
Handicap option: The top half of the starters get the slower Lotus 2 Eleven, the bottom half of the starters get the faster GT4. This is pretty much like ballast in a single make. There's roughly 2 seconds difference in lap time over a 1:40 lap. There's usually much more than a 2 second gap between fastest and slowest in our races.

4. Abarth EsseEsse Step 1
Slow road car with enough power to slide.
Single make series.

We can have some trial races in any of the options to see how they pan out, and people can change their votes. AC 1.2 may well surface this month too, so the timing on that might have a bearing on how many trial races we have before the season starts.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 11:00:12 AM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Season 8 Car Poll
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 11:02:52 AM »
I've changed the Lotus Evora option to drive both cars, for half the season each. This is to balance out the different tyre, handling and assist characteritics between the two cars.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 07:25:19 AM »
From the AC news thread: thoughts about the Evora tyres...

I think races would end up soft GXs vs medium GTCs, and the times are still comparable. I can go as fast in the medium GTC as I can in the soft GX. I'd tweak fuel usage so that the GTC could maybe get away with a soft stint, if you want to take the risk of faster lap times with then slower lap times in the tail end of the stint. That's also part of the reason why I changed the Evora option to drive both cars for half the season each, to balance out any advantages and disadvantages. The goal being, like the Ferrari/McLaren season, to see who can get the most out of the two cars. I think that option would lead to see some interesting tyre strategy options.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 01:27:39 PM »
I though there was a mention in the AC news of forcing certain amount of laps on softs which is an interesting concept but not when the cars have very different tyre compounds. Over a longer race both can run mediums but its actually interesting over a distance where the GX may fall off the trye cliff with a couple laps to go if people were to choose the softs.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 01:55:12 PM »
I'd only do the forced soft laps in a single make series, like the V8 Supercars. All it would take is for Kunos to output the tyre compound on each lap for each car, and I could calculate how many  laps each person did on softs.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2015, 01:56:32 PM »
Three way tie... I can see three trial/fun runs coming up. After that, people can change their votes if they want.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2015, 07:00:07 PM »
I wonder Wally if you could make a compulsory number of pit stops and whether there is a way to track that?

It would be great to do a race where you have to make 2 compulsory pit stops AND you have to use at least 2 different tyre options.

Also, is it worth considering running some of the high performance cars and allowing driver aides for those that feel intimidated?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2015, 09:45:20 PM »
I wonder Wally if you could make a compulsory number of pit stops and whether there is a way to track that?

It would be great to do a race where you have to make 2 compulsory pit stops AND you have to use at least 2 different tyre options.

Also, is it worth considering running some of the high performance cars and allowing driver aides for those that feel intimidated?

Driver aids have always been allowed at factory level and also if running stracker/ptracker it monitors pit time and when stops were made.

Tyre options we will need to see how kunos does force that and how it records server data in the next build. Forcing 2 stops would be good in a longer race but a bit mickey mouse in a shorter one.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 09:46:53 PM by marty »

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2015, 10:12:14 PM »
Yeah i think opening up the pit strategy would be good for race 2, take away the fuel multiplier and leave the the tyre multiplier. The only downer could be pitting really early in the reverse grid and jumping everyone in clear air but then you do run the risk of killing your tyres or you could have a cps window to help with that. 
do you even motorsports?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2015, 10:39:01 PM »
The fuel multiplier is how I've been forcing pit stops - 1 or 2. The fuel multiplier is a fine way of doing that. By setting the appropriate multiplier, you can give people flexibility about when they pit - early or late.

We'll have to wait and see what kind of tyre control 1.2 may or may not bring.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2015, 09:16:48 AM »
i voted for a zonda Zeason,2 pit stops.,,,,,,, where the hell are the slow guys????  This group is pretty close!!!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2015, 09:22:41 AM »
i voted for a zonda Zeason,2 pit stops.,,,,,,, where the hell are the slow guys????  This group is pretty close!!!
I think people want a change from the fast cars we've been driving this season.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2015, 09:34:02 AM »
I think people want a change from the fast cars we've been driving this season.

Ok fair enough,can we use 100% damage then?,this is the best strategy ever...100% damage ;D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2015, 10:38:24 AM »
The zonda is a fun car to drive only reason I went for the slow ass abarth 500 is for something different. The Zonda is very similar to the cars we just raced.

Regarding 100% damage I dont see why we dont use b it. At the lower level I still managed to get bent suspension in a few races this season. I run 100% damage on all my other servers too and it doesnt make so much difference.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2015, 10:51:23 AM »
The zonda is a fun car to drive only reason I went for the slow ass abarth 500 is for something different. The Zonda is very similar to the cars we just raced.

Regarding 100% damage I dont see why we dont use b it. At the lower level I still managed to get bent suspension in a few races this season. I run 100% damage on all my other servers too and it doesnt make so much difference.

The scary thing for me at 100% is more the gearbox damage with an H shifter. I might do some more damage testing. Shattered windscreens on rear impacts are pretty annoying too. It was more those two aspects which lead me to reduce the damage.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal