Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 8 Car Poll

Poll

Which option do you want for season 8?

Fast car: Pagani Zonda R (single make)
6 (16.2%)
Mid-race car: Lotus Evora GTC and GX (drive both cars)
13 (35.1%)
Trackday: Lotus 2 Eleven (with ballast)
11 (29.7%)
Low speed: Abarth EsseEsse  Step 1 (single make)
7 (18.9%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: Season 8 Car Poll  (Read 25973 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: Season 8 Car Poll
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2015, 09:47:11 AM »
Good idea Wally, if I had my way all test races would be on the ultimate test track. That kind of long one but its not as popular amongst many here.  :'(

Are we going to have one race in each car or have them mixed grid and get guys to choose one for first race then switch for race 2. I think having them both on track will be good to see how they match up against eachother as that is the way the proposed season in them would be.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2015, 10:42:40 AM »
I want to do one race with everyone in the ”base” 2-11, then in race 2, the slower half get the GT4. I'll write up a proper post tonight.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2015, 03:52:07 PM »
So which half get the Robins?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2015, 04:09:04 PM »
So which half get the Robins?

Anyone with a name ending with brush or wood gets the Robbin.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2015, 04:28:05 PM »
Robins are an elite car, they're only for the 1%ers ;)

2+2=√16

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2015, 10:58:57 PM »
Can I change my vote to the Nismo GTR beast pleeeeeease. Have you actually played with ballast at all Wally and how did you find it effecting your times.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2015, 11:14:16 PM »
Can I change my vote to the Nismo GTR beast pleeeeeease. Have you actually played with ballast at all Wally and how did you find it effecting your times.

I hardly ever run cars without TC as I mainly practice/race in the league and it's harder to be competitive. Tonight with TC forced of for everyone in the GTR was so much fun. Took me a little while to get used to it, but once I was it was great, and so much more satisfying getting a good lap. Even being taken out most races by people that couldn't drive it I still had a lot of fun  :D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2015, 07:54:47 AM »

Season 9!

I haven't figured out how to add ballast in single player mode, or if you can only do it on a server.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2015, 07:57:41 AM »
Actually the new tyre model has breathed new life into a lot of the cars. The other day, I drove the Lotus roadster (Exige, Evora? Can't remember) around Zandvoort, and it drifted so beautifully.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2015, 10:29:29 PM »
Now that we have ballast, I changed the 2 Eleven option to be just the 2 Eleven, with ballast. The Lotus GTC/GX combination still stands as it is.

Change your vote if you want to... on Thursday evening, I'll close the poll and take whatever option is in front.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2015, 12:41:01 AM »
I have changed my vote to the 2 eleven, that thing is a blast and now that kod has died itself its a blast of a car to drive. So much fun at Imola and should be driveable at Silverstone too, it was the main reason I didn't vote for it as the kerbs would have made bird have a fit again.

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2015, 05:23:38 AM »
I actually changed my vote to the Abarth.  I liked the close racing :)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2015, 10:42:20 AM »
I changed mine as I saw that ship has sunk, though the cars were fun last nite Ive already done a full season in those. The 2 eleven and abarths are different and abarth is very different to anything we have done, its just not going to happen and Id prefer not to re run the same season yet with so many other cars in AC.

Maybe when the abarth cup car comes we can run that one, in gt cars id rather a full gt3 or gt2 pick your own car season but if we have another gr season in evoras this will likely be even further away.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2015, 11:27:49 AM »
I  changed my vote to the 2-11 too. It just feels a little livelier than the Lotus  (plural).

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2015, 11:31:27 AM »
It says total members voted = 25 but there are 35 votes that have been made.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal