Xtreme Gaming Network

Ringmaster 2 - Lotus Exige V6 Cup

Author Topic: Ringmaster 2 - Lotus Exige V6 Cup  (Read 25708 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Ringmaster 2 - Lotus Exige V6 Cup
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2015, 10:21:28 PM »
RACE RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS

Round Points
-XGN- Guybrush Threepwood    50
Glenn Frost    44
Stan Daam    44
- XGN - Wally Masterson    41
Marty    39
robin    37
Rolz    37
Mael    35
Dave O    33
-XGN-Phil.8    29
AJ    20
Bruce Rook    15
Bird    13

Congratulations to Guybrush on the clean sweep - both race wins and the round win.

Podium:
1. Guybrush, 89
2. Wally, 80
3. Rolz, 79
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2015, 10:30:36 PM »
Both races were pretty intense for me. I was the busiest in both races, and it felt like it. I constantly had cars around me.

In race 1, I had an off and smacked the wall, leaving Rolz nowhere to go as I was trying to regain control. After that I lost some top speed and was a sitting duck on the straight.

On the first lap of race 2, I was stuck behind Dave O. On that fast section half way through, I had more speed, and tried to pass Dave on the left, but hit the kerb and it jumped me car over to the other side. Thankfully I somehow didn't take out Dave, but let a few cars through in the process.

Then on the last lap a lot of us came across Marty's car packed sideways across the track after his PC crashed, which was "interesting" to see coming around the corner. I missed him, but went onto the grass to avoid him and I think I scraped the armco a bit more. I was chasing the wounded Stan on the final lap, thinking I'd have him on the straight, but it was not to be, with him holding me off.

The racing was very good in these cars. They have a lot of movement in them, but still feel pretty balanced and stable.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2015, 10:32:35 PM »
Was fun to get back into some racings, race 1 having only done a couple laps in practice I was quite a bit off GB's pace. He did brush a wall but I still lost time over the last 2 laps.

Race 2 was fun getting through the pack, Nords isn't an easy place to pass but its kind of doable and this was fun going from last to 3rd. Then GB caught up and he managed to get both me and freezer at the end of lap 1 as I was also trying to pass freezer. I then got by him and kind of was hanging on to GB making some tiny gains and my pc screen blackout came back again needing me to force close the game and race over again. I still doubt I would have made the ground up on GB but racing from the back at Nords was a blast and more fun then race 1 just seeing that slowly shrinking car get away slowly.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2015, 08:38:42 AM »
My racing from the back of the pack was less exciting, but happy to pick up a PB.
I attempted to stay right to let the faster ones through and caught some grass and found myself on the armco, could have gone on but stupidly remembered medication, got that, put in my PB gaining time on lap 3 but, not able to outrun the clock.
my left arm felt like a taxi driver's on a 12 hour shift! hehehe
Enjoyed this car, even without GB's good setup, fun to drive and forgiving at times... see you next week.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2015, 08:42:05 AM »
A night of the bronze for me, a pair of 3rds at the green hells!!
Fun car to drive, pretty forgiving and predictable. As usual at the Nords, it was all about damage management.
Good nights racing.  :P

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2015, 09:04:05 AM »
Sorry guys, but it seems for me it was a tad too late - I was very tired and felt I'll just ruin the races further for you guys if I stay.
I was ok in the practice around 7:30, but by the race start I was shot.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2015, 03:41:34 PM »
Race 1 I was pulling away when I crashed on lap 2.  Weird crash as I did everything the same as I normally do but all of a sudden it was like the back end hit a bump and skipped across the track.  Anyway, kept going and managed just to hold a little gap to Marty.

Race 2 was good fun following Marty through the pack at the start.  I came up to Marty and Freezer on the long back straight and managed to overtake them around the outside of the left kink while on the grass!  Not the kind you smoke though.  I was keeping an eye on Marty in my mirror when all of a sudden I heard a shriek and then other people moaning.  I checked that my internet browser was closed from my pre-race routine and then realised Marty was gone so trundled around to the finish.

Good night in all.  And I didn't touch my fuel this time!

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2015, 05:36:58 PM »
Sorry I missed it.
I picked up a 3rd degree burn on my thumb and didn't want to exacerbate it. :(

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2015, 06:15:07 PM »
Sorry I missed it.
I picked up a 3rd degree burn on my thumb and didn't want to exacerbate it. :(
I wondered where you had got to, Apprentice Ringmaster.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal