Xtreme Gaming Network

Dec 29 Fun Run: Lotus 25 at Donington

Author Topic: Dec 29 Fun Run: Lotus 25 at Donington  (Read 28196 times)

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
Re: Dec 29 Fun Run: Lotus 25 at Donington
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2015, 10:15:17 PM »

Phil has loaded his setup on the stracker server. It's really good!!!

Any chance you could reload it, I took it down to change it to a new setup, then stuffed it :)) and didn't save it

« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 10:17:37 PM by Phil.8 »
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2015, 10:17:51 PM »
Wally, you have the same "odd" split time as I do ie S3=19.xxx rather than 30 something like everyone else. Seems to indicate there is a track version difference that is not being checksum'd.

The funny thing is that the track checksum is only working on the surfaces.ini, it really should also check the other track files to ensure all have the same version. If the track is updated but surfaces stay the same it will pass and you may have different track geometry.

As a test I will try and upload all the track data and see if that then makes a checksum off all files, though its 500MB or so for this track so not an ideal solution. The acserver manager should just do a check of all local content then create a checksum file for the server to upload with all files and not needing to upload all the files to the server.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 10:21:13 PM by marty »

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2015, 10:36:38 PM »

Any chance you could reload it, I took it down to change it to a new setup, then stuffed it :)) and didn't save it
No problem. I'll load it tomorrow.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2015, 10:39:18 PM »
Wally, you have the same "odd" split time as I do ie S3=19.xxx rather than 30 something like everyone else. Seems to indicate there is a track version difference that is not being checksum'd.

The funny thing is that the track checksum is only working on the surfaces.ini, it really should also check the other track files to ensure all have the same version. If the track is updated but surfaces stay the same it will pass and you may have different track geometry.

As a test I will try and upload all the track data and see if that then makes a checksum off all files, though its 500MB or so for this track so not an ideal solution. The acserver manager should just do a check of all local content then create a checksum file for the server to upload with all files and not needing to upload all the files to the server.
I'm guessing that it only ever checks the surface.ini even if the other track files are present.

What version are you running? 1.11?

Rolz

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2015, 10:46:31 PM »
Is the server up? I'm having trouble seeing it... it's not password protected is it?  :(

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2015, 10:57:08 PM »
Is the server up? I'm having trouble seeing it... it's not password protected is it?  :(

Server currently down as I am uploading all the files as a test, should be back in a few minutes but my upload speed is a bit slow.

Rolz

« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2015, 10:58:44 PM »
thnx Marty... seems quiet online tonight so I thought I'd get some practice, but couldn't do that either :P

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2015, 07:46:31 AM »

Here's the original setup. I couldn't load it using ptracker.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2015, 08:18:13 AM »

Here's the original setup. I couldn't load it using ptracker.
Now loaded on stracker server....

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2015, 08:32:11 AM »
I'm guessing that it only ever checks the surface.ini even if the other track files are present.

The test just proved no matter what files are there, the only files checked are both surfaces.txt car physics.acd or fder and DRS.ini if its included.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2015, 09:04:06 AM »

The test just proved no matter what files are there, the only files checked are both surfaces.txt car physics.acd or fder and DRS.ini if its included.

Yep, that's certainly what you see in the server logs.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2015, 09:27:13 AM »
I'm getting the same splits off-line ie S3 is approx 19s. I've reloaded both ptracker and the track.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2015, 09:37:36 AM »
I'm getting the same splits off-line ie S3 is approx 19s. I've reloaded both ptracker and the track.

You do know there is a chicane at the end its not just a straight bit of road with a couple bumps and some softer tarmac.  ;D

I will double check the track version I am but before putting this up I went to racedpartment and downloaded the latest version. Unless its had an update since last tuesday it should be the current track build.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2015, 09:55:05 AM »

You do know there is a chicane at the end its not just a straight bit of road with a couple bumps and some softer tarmac.  ;D

I will double check the track version I am but before putting this up I went to racedpartment and downloaded the latest version. Unless its had an update since last tuesday it should be the current track build.
OH. THAT chicane!!!

That is the version I downloaded. Do you mind checking the readme.txt file in the track's folder? That should have the 1.11 changelog in it.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2015, 09:56:35 AM »
My lap was done on 1.10
I've updated to 1.11 now

2+2=√16

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal