Xtreme Gaming Network

S14R2: Monza Race Chat

Author Topic: S14R2: Monza Race Chat  (Read 25212 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S14R2: Monza Race Chat
« on: October 12, 2016, 08:04:12 AM »
This is the first enduro round, with a single 30 lap race. There is a qualifying session, and the same rolling start.

There are two compulsory pit stops (no pit window), with refuelling allowed. At each stop, you must either change tyres, or refuel, or both.

Fuel rate is 1.7x.
Tyre wear rate is 2x.

You will need to download the OSRW PIT MOD and extract it into your assettocorsa folder. This adds extra pit boxes to the standard AC track (it adds another track variation, so it doesn't change your original track).

The weather is going to be a beautiful 20 degrees and clear, with a warmer track than the last round.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlNcbABAra8[/youtube]
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 06:11:04 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: S14R2: Monza Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 09:33:04 AM »
Server is up was 17c on the forecast I saw but will change that tonight. Also fuel is currently at 1x but I will also change that, the practice server is currently on the regular track. If it gets a bit too messy then I will change practice server to osrw mod too.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 12:26:56 PM »
For this rolling start, we should bunch the field up coming out of the final chicane "Ascari", with the lead car maintaining 100 kmh.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 09:33:05 PM »
My throttle pedal has started spiking again... grrrrr.   Might have to give it a clean.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2016, 09:37:42 PM »

Offline insomniac

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2016, 09:59:00 PM »
Might as well get thr GTEYE spring upgrade if you run  G25/7 and need to open them.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2016, 10:03:07 PM »
This is what a spiking pedal looks like.  GRRRRRrrrrrrRRRRRR again.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/436112980478319932/5749F5B5BC036CD5F15F2D4B5548427C40F2A6A1/
As an interim measure, can't you set the max range of the throttle pedal to say 75% in the AC control setup, so that at least when you're flat, you're at a consistent 100% in game?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2016, 11:01:39 PM »
I have my throttle at 95% but that looks like biggest spikes down to 80% or so. So its far from ideal try a deadzone but a good clean is what it will need, I dont think my g27 has started to spike yet but the g25 did have quite a bit especially on the clutch which took me a while to find.

At least in AC you can set travel zones and also see if its spiking ingame fairly easily. Guys spiking is a bit nasty though so there must be lots of crap getting into your pedals.

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2016, 06:59:10 AM »
Well I've had this issue for a while as we all know, but I thought swapping the clutch over with the throttle fixed the issue for good.

My conclusion is that you shouldn't wear fluffy socks.  I normally wear one sock on my right foot for acceleration and I think the issue must be from the cotton getting into the pedal.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2016, 07:59:36 AM »
Never understood why simracers use socks. Not referring to GB here, who seems to be quite a moderate guy, but others spend thousands of dollars for "immersion" and then drive in socks.... I don't get it.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2016, 08:17:56 AM »
Never understood why simracers use socks. Not referring to GB here, who seems to be quite a moderate guy, but others spend thousands of dollars for "immersion" and then drive in socks.... I don't get it.
What do you wear on your feet? Any kind of shoes are too heavy for the relatively light pedals and you lose fine control. Socks also feel good in that there's a little slip on the pedals, so you can finesse them easier. Maybe with these various spring mods you get a heavier feel and don't need socks?

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2016, 08:31:28 AM »
I wear shoes. Would not like to feel the corners of the pedals with my feet, I guess... Initially I just wore any pairs of sneakers (not sure this is the Australian term, though), but then last Christmas my wife bought me a pair of cheap driving shoes. Nothing fancy or high rise or stuff like that. They are just sneakers with a hard rubber sole that is curved on the heel. They are actually quite comfortable.

I have to admit that my pedals are not bad, in the sense that they have the load cell on the brake pedal. So maybe that's why I feel less the need of extreme precision.

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2016, 08:48:14 AM »
Driving shoes, gloves etc. Just seem too faffy for me - I just want to jump on for a quick few laps and jump off without having to suit up.   Having a bare foot on the brake means I get more grip to punch the pedal, where as the throttle I need to gently apply so I need something more slippery that glides over the pedal as I push down hence why I wear a sock on the right foot.

Having said that if it's just practice or a fun race I'll either be bare footed or have socks on both feet (I don't wear shoes inside).

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2016, 08:59:53 AM »
Ahahah! I agree driving shoes are quite an overkill. Any sneakers would do for me. I just needed a pair of sneakers to keep close to the rig and put on when driving. But my daily low rise chuck taylor's do not seem to like the pounding of heel-n-toeing, so they do not last very long. So I needed a new pair of sneakers basically just for that, and the kind wife thought I might as well had driving shoes... And you know how it is with presents: they are much better than something you bought yourself. ;)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2016, 09:34:11 AM »
Having a bare foot on the brake means I get more grip to punch the pedal, where as the throttle I need to gently apply so I need something more slippery that glides over the pedal as I push down hence why I wear a sock on the right foot.

How many of you guys are left foot braking? Would it help in being quicker or just preference. I've always used right foot.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal