Xtreme Gaming Network

S7 Silverstone post race chat

Author Topic: S7 Silverstone post race chat  (Read 25606 times)

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
Re: S7 Silverstone post race chat
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2015, 10:12:46 PM »
Accidents happen.  Even in Formula 1, let alone a bunch of people having fun in a game.

We all get frustrated at the time, but get over it soon enough.  Happens to everyone in every league at some stage or another.

Offline Bafs17

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2015, 12:36:51 AM »
I agree. Some races go your way and some don't.

For me race 1 went my way. Started mid pack and managed to clear any accidents and settled in to keep Steve from overtaking me. Fortunate in the end because he was faster. Got lucky last lap with a few offs handing me a couple of extra positions by the end of it.

Race 2 unfortunately did not go my way. Had to back off to avoid tapping Bird and got tapped myself by Steve, going from 2nd to 16th I think on lap 1. Kudos to Steve for the redress but it was just a racing incident, so easy come, easy go. Struggled a bit for the rest of the race but happy with the night over all.

Thanks Wally.

Remember to go easy on each other though. Accidents do happen.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2015, 10:19:51 AM »
After the somewhat critical comments above regarding first corner incidents/behaviour and then seeing my name given a penalty for hitting Joe I'd like to clear my name a little. I don't really want people thinking I was just barging through.

1. I was NOT trying to overtake anyone. My intention is to stay in my "lane", not overtake in turn 1, and try to survive.
2. I was on the brakes well before Joe started to brake so have no idea why I hit him. Perhaps I locked up or I was travelling at a higher speed when I started to brake.
3. There should not have been the flow-on consequences of the hit on the back of Joe. Shameless should not have been flung off the circuit for the hit he incurred. AC is bad in this area.
4. Shameless had left lots of room on his right to avoid getting hit in corner 1 but that gap was filled by an overtaking car that left no margin for error. My hit on Joe pushed him across but wouldn't have impacted Shameless, I think, without the overtaking car being there.

My race was ruined in Turn 2 anyway and so quit for the night. Getting sick of all the hiccups and anomalies that occur in AC multiplayer.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 10:23:53 AM by Gratulin »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2015, 10:57:48 AM »
Yes Gratulin it was clear from the replay that you were not ”barging” anywhere. Nobody ever said that. You ckearly hit Joe under brakes, not pulling up in time.

To me, the chain of collisions looked realistic, as cars were shuffled to the left in a domino effect.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2015, 12:22:15 PM »
Whilst the T1 incidents need to improve a bit the comments re "check the video" are certainly valid.
I had at least two passes on me in tight corners that at the time I thought the passing car had squeezed in and bumped me wide but on checking the replay after it showed they were fair, and just racing incidents.
3 monitors coming next week, so now I will be able to see who is beside me... ;D

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2015, 12:48:12 PM »
3 monitors coming next week, so now I will be able to see who is beside me... ;D

You wish :D
Only if they're front/side.  Or you need such a fov that you might as well drive a single screen. 

I know what we need!!!
A circular screen, where you can turn your head around and see it all!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2015, 12:51:33 PM »
Exactly right. I want to promote hard but fair racing, and not have people driving like granny going to the shops. The standard of racing is generally excellent across the broader field for the majority of drivers. There will always be incidents in a big field in unfamiliar cars - that's racing. I don't want anyone to get the impression that this is like a public server wreck fest, because that's clearly far from the case. There is lots of excellent racing to be had.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2015, 12:59:19 PM »

You wish :D
Only if they're front/side.  Or you need such a fov that you might as well drive a single screen. 

I know what we need!!!
A circular screen, where you can turn your head around and see it all!
Thinking of add TrackIR into the mix also.... ;D ;D

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2015, 01:03:52 PM »
I don't like trackIR, it's very unnatural and unstable.
I've one still in the drawer here...

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2015, 01:54:49 PM »
I got track IR and is not good for racing,maybe if you are in a combat helicopter cockpit ,,,yes

Few races back bird, wally ,and I had a battle for a few laps while racing and the next day wally in a post asked us if we were using(helicorsa) correct me guys about the name,thx,Anyway of course i am not using 69 monitors or any apps that could help me be aware of my surrounding.Instead i only use a 23 inch monitor,my rear mirrors,the red arrow in the game that tells me when someone is approaching close,and a lots and lots lots of awareness and common sense,this for me is half fun,honestly,i love giving attention on the track at all times,,,,,,,,is it suppose to be like this?

Hey gratulin do not be angry is not worth it,just game along ,accident will happen but as i said earlier,,,,we can improve!!

Lets consider silverstone race history and lets concentrate on nurburg,,,,bloody hell this time i want to qual properly,,,,,,I AM MOTIVATED TO WIN!!!!!!!!!    FAAAAAAAAARK!!!   :P ::) :P ;D ;D ;D ;D :D ;) ;) ;) :) :) :)

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2015, 02:03:11 PM »
,,,,bloody hell this time i want to qual properly,,,,,,I AM MOTIVATED TO WIN!!!!!!!!!    FAAAAAAAAARK!!!   :P ::) :P ;D ;D ;D ;D :D ;) ;) ;) :) :) :)

You.  Shall.  Not.   PASS!

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2015, 02:06:37 PM »
I got track IR and is not good for racing,maybe if you are in a combat helicopter cockpit ,,,yes

Few races back bird, wally ,and I had a battle for a few laps while racing and the next day wally in a post asked us if we were using(helicorsa) correct me guys about the name,thx,Anyway of course i am not using 69 monitors or any apps that could help me be aware of my surrounding.Instead i only use a 23 inch monitor,my rear mirrors,the red arrow in the game that tells me when someone is approaching close,and a lots and lots lots of awareness and common sense,this for me is half fun,honestly,i love giving attention on the track at all times,,,,,,,,is it suppose to be like this?

Hey gratulin do not be angry is not worth it,just game along ,accident will happen but as i said earlier,,,,we can improve!!

Lets consider silverstone race history and lets concentrate on nurburg,,,,bloody hell this time i want to qual properly,,,,,,I AM MOTIVATED TO WIN!!!!!!!!!    FAAAAAAAAARK!!!   :P ::) :P ;D ;D ;D ;D :D ;) ;) ;) :) :) :)

I thought this was your setup though Simon?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2015, 02:19:28 PM »
I also have a TrackIR but no longer use it since I got triples. It makes your view ”wobblier”, unless you really turn down the sensitivity, and often drifts off-centre. It didn't really seem to add a lot. It was much more useful with a single monitor.

If I get it out again, I'd probably only enable the yaw axis (left to right panning) just so I could look a little more left and right.

Offline steve_xland

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2015, 02:38:33 PM »
Helicorsa is the best.
It remains invisible until there is a car in your vicinity and when it comes on it show exactly how you lineup with the cars around you. This has proven invaluable for me at the start of any race and also while battling hard during the races themselves.

The arrows in-game are ok but Helicorsa takes it to another level.

Also, regarding Wobbly's exiting pitlane in front of qualifiers... give him sh*t about it - beat him up verbally lol. He's a big boy & he can take it.
"that;s what she actually looks like!" - Pablo Picasso

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2015, 02:59:01 PM »
I've helicorsa, but twice now I think it gave me a thumbs up when someone was still slightly overlapping my car.

Either that or it's uttely pointless for me to have it on because I can't friggen notice it in the middle of the screen...:D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal