Xtreme Gaming Network

S30R3 - Watkins Glen Boot Classic

Author Topic: S30R3 - Watkins Glen Boot Classic  (Read 6436 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S30R3 - Watkins Glen Boot Classic
« on: October 08, 2019, 11:18:00 PM »
Another two wins by Kcender sees him comfortably leading in the points. Struggle Street Racing Crew (Jeremy and Matthew) are pulling away in the team standings, with Phil's absence and Freezer's mishap in race 1.

RACE 1 RESULTS
RACE 2 RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS
SEASON STATS

Round Points
Kcender87   300
Mael   258
Matthew111   258
AGK   258
Jeremy   207
Wally   207
Rob   192
AbleArcher83   168
Captain Slow   156
Freezer   102
Dave O   84
Doobs   78
DaveReid   69
Joe   66
Seanus   0

Penalties
Race 1
Jeremy and DaveO had a side-to-side contact going up the esses, which saw DaveO get spun. Because there wasn’t much in it in terms of deviating from lines and it was side-to-side, I’m calling that a racing incident.

Season Standings
1. Kcender87, 600
2. Mael, 546
3. Matthew111, 534

2 x 17 lap sprints at the Glen (Boot Classic).

Weather will be a mild 15 and 17 - back in Super Soft territory.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 10:40:37 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
Re: S30R3 - Watkins Glen Boot Classic
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 11:37:12 PM »
Wally, better give this one a miss as well. Need a bit more recovery time after a surgery.
Just done a few laps there though. Really great track for these cars.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2019, 05:25:15 PM »
Wally, better give this one a miss as well. Need a bit more recovery time after a surgery.
Just done a few laps there though. Really great track for these cars.
OK. Hope you'll be well enough to be back on track soon.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2019, 06:09:43 PM »
Server's up.

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2019, 09:54:32 PM »
I hope I didn't cause any issues at the start of race 2. I got called away and thought I'd be back in time for the start.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2019, 10:41:04 PM »
Results are up. Congratulations to Kcender on the round win.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2019, 08:29:12 AM »
In the season stats you can see that the person doing best relative to their past performance, punching above their weight if you like, is Mael.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2019, 01:03:33 PM »
Well based on the practice times I thought I might do well last night, but it wasn't to be.
A small glance of the wall in race 1 saw my suspension gone.  I full lap to get back to the pits then the repair
seemed to stall so I exited to the pits and subsequently got a 25 minute 'locked in pits' so race over.
Race 2 started better but I had a contact with Mathew though at the end of the back straight a few laps in which saw me go around.  Not long
after I had another small brush of the wall which this time took out my engine power.  I pushed on chasing Wally but couldn't
close the gap with around a second per lap slower times.
Some very minor contact seemed to cause a lot of damage in these cars!!

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2019, 01:49:41 PM »
Well based on the practice times I thought I might do well last night, but it wasn't to be.

You and me both! Crashed out of both races from 3rd/4th position  :'(

Pre-race saw my game totally crash twice which turned out to be my GPU overheating. I have a USB cable plugged into the motherboard that was touching the middle fan on the GPU stopping it from spinning. Probably been like that a while but was hot yesterday. Used some tape just to keep the cable out of the way for now.

Race 1 was some really great racing with a few guys, particularly Mael until I over-steered into the wall; I thought I'd be fine as I had mostly straightened the car up on impact but the slight touch broke the front suspension.

Race 2 was having a really good chase on AGK, was finally super close going through T1 but a car coming out of the pits got right in our way resulting in me having to go over grass, almost hit a wall and completely loose concentration. I then cooked the rears which resulted in two spins  a damaged car and a 10 second penalty so was too pissed off to carry on.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2019, 02:11:07 PM »
Race 1 started very nicely after surprisingly qualifying 2nd. I fought off a spirited challenge from AGK, keeping my dreams of hunting Kcender87 vaguely alive when AGK started battling with someone else behind me and I managed to extend a bit of a gap. But eventually I got 2 wheels on an inside kerb on a slow corner, which maybe unsettled me enough to oversteer into a wall and break my suspension. Had to pit for repairs, but stupidly I didn't take the opportunity to change tyres too. By the end of the race my rears were very worn, and I had another spin and some near misses.

In race 2 I wimped out and went for softs, and had a slightly slower but much more consistent race. The softs still wear, but seem to wear more evenly front to rear.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2019, 04:53:49 PM »
Well for me a very fun night. Qualifying was a bit disappointing with a lot of tiny mistakes in my laps placing me a bit lower down on the grid than I hoped for.

But the races was great racing with AGK and Matthew. Had a couple of contacts with AGK in the first race, the first my fault when I drifted over the track while trying to pick a braking point, the second when he over steered a bit  while I was passing him. Race 2 the hard battle with Matthew gave advantage to AGK but it was fun.

I'm falling in love with my car's setup, it has these slow 4-wheel drift on throttle. Fun and easy controlled.  Unlike Wally & Joe's cars which seemed to do 90 degree instant oversteer into whichever wall is the closest ;D

Hopefully the next race Freezer can stay out of trouble, we need some points!

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2019, 07:21:41 PM »
Disappointed with qual, didnt get the pace out of the car, over drove it too many mistakes. Went totally opposite with setup this week i think it was better but still didnt seem to have the outright pace especially in the middle of the turn.

Had heaps of fun in the race, the pace of the field was very even so the battles were hard fought with a few cars so was great to see. By the end of race 1 i got to grips with driving the v8s again as they are a unique car to drive so i had to remember back to the rfactor v8 days on xgn years and years ago lol by the end of the race my pace was better and i grabbed p2.

Race 2 car was ok out of the gate, i had a run on freezer into the fast right hander but we came together and i think it damaged the car a bit because the pace just wasnt the same from there on. Had a great battle with mael for the remainder of the race but couldnt hold him off at the end as the tyres died from over driving the thing trying to maintain pace lol
do you even motorsports?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal