Xtreme Gaming Network

Fixed Setups

Author Topic: Fixed Setups  (Read 9025 times)

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
Fixed Setups
« on: January 06, 2016, 10:55:40 PM »
Just wondering if Marty could tell me or show me his fixed setup line in his config,  I have it working, just after reading not sure I did it the easiest way. 
I uploaded the setup to the server setup folder and in the server manager I added the setup from my setups in documents so I could then tick and select the setup in car section.   To me it seems odd having a line in the server config that points to not where it will be getting the setup from, but if you don't add it you cannot select a fixed setup,  odd I think.

FIXED_SETUP_0=0|D:\krahl\Documents\Assetto Corsa\setups\ft_morgan_3_wheeler\generic\Morgan 3 Wheeler - Base.ini

wouldn't it be easier just to have it as in the server.ini
FIXED_SETUP_0=Morgan 3 Wheeler - Base.ini

I am sure I am making this harder than it should be :)
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Fixed Setups
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 11:46:16 PM »
Perhaps this helps, from the AC forums;

Guys, there is no need to point at that folder!
Just do this:
Copy the setup ini into server/setups (for example "server/setups/last.ini")
write down the name of that setup file (extension included) on the FIXED_SETUP= key (for example FIXED_SETUP=last.ini)
Otherwise you can just:
rename the new setup file with the name of the car folder (for example "server/setups/bmw_1m.ini"
Doing so all the 1Ms in the server will share that fixed setup (to point out that you don't need the FIXED_SETUP part)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 09:52:03 AM »
Thabks wally, That's what I did in the end

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2016, 11:27:35 AM »
I just do it all in ACserver manager, I keep the setups in a folder called setups then link them there. Then copy the setups folder to the server but I will need to check the actual line in the ini file. I pretty much dont manually edit anything in the server settings seeing its all so much easier in the editor. Also when things change in a server build this is always incorporated in the manager and so you dont have an incorrect server config that way.

In the actual setup.ini though if you want something not to be fixed simply delete that section. So you may want to used a fixed setup leaving fuel or pressures adjustable for example just delete those values. If you leave fuel fixed then this will be the value at the start of each run.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2016, 11:33:08 AM »
I can check what the config ini actually has when I get home. But to test if the server has a fixed setup simply join and it should have no sliders on the values you have fixed. You will need to add the line to all cars.

Seeing I am very prone to typo's and such I prefer not to manually edit too many files if there is the software that can do it for me.  ;D

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2016, 12:33:25 PM »
I don't manually edit either, was just curious how you went about the fixed setup,   I have it all sorted now, its pretty easy :)

Offline Jempy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2017, 05:07:42 AM »

Just do this:
write down the name of that setup file (extension included) on the FIXED_SETUP= key (for example FIXED_SETUP=last.ini)
Otherwise you can just:
rename the new setup file with the name of the car folder (for example "server/setups/bmw_1m.ini"
Doing so all the 1Ms in the server will share that fixed setup (to point out that you don't need the FIXED_SETUP part)

Special visit at the other world side ..... for ...

1st)
 giving a special thanks to Wally ... for all his work for AC and this easy answer to a question many servers admins might search for hours at AC forum side  ;) ... when needing the good info using this feature for the first time.

2nd and also important ...  8)
Wishing a happy New Year to everyone living at the other side of earth.
All the best for anyone and happy races for all of you.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2017, 07:05:40 AM »

Just do this:
Otherwise you can just:

Special visit at the other world side ..... for ...

1st)
 giving a special thanks to Wally ... for all his work for AC and this easy answer to a question many servers admins might search for hours at AC forum side  ;) ... when needing the good info using this feature for the first time.

2nd and also important ...  8)
Wishing a happy New Year to everyone living at the other side of earth.
All the best for anyone and happy races for all of you.

Hi Jempy. Thanks :)
Here's to more AC fun in 2017.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal