Xtreme Gaming Network

S17R4: Mugello Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S17R4: Mugello Post-Race Chat  (Read 13340 times)

Offline djb1974

• View Profile
Re: S17R4: Mugello Post-Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2017, 07:17:38 AM »
For me that was a great night of Racing!! Normally slow, i qualified 21st with a time that was almost a PB, so was happy, Managed to avoid all the spins and incidents and move well up into the grid, far beyond my batting average!  Then the race started, was behind Slow As, for some of my best ever close battles, lap after lap, i couldnt find a way past, DRS didnt help, he pitted and i drove a couple more laps before i pitted coming back onto track just behind Slow As again for the battle to continue till the end of the race before Seanus caught us both up and passed both of us. Loved that race finishing 15th, thanks Slow As!!

Race 2- ok start just all the faster guys were behind be that had spun out in R1, so was swamped over the line, but had a great spot on track to watch Dave O huge smash, again weaved my way through spills till lap 4, following Mael we both got tangled up in another cars spin, smashed my front wing had to pit, but noticed i was still moving up the grid, passing cars off on the grass. managed to keep a pretty constant lap time to hold it together to finish 11th.  Which considering the racing talent on track i'd say my best result in a League race ever!!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2017, 07:36:25 AM »
I've removed Jeremy's penalty as rather than moving sideways, the back of the car had skipped out, and Jeremy was counter-steering. So that's become a racing incident.

Which considering the racing talent on track i'd say my best result in a League race ever!!
Good stuff :) It's good to see people do well.

Sorry to Doobs & Seanus for the incident in race 2. I was up in the air spiralling and came down nose first into the grass by the fence.
You win the prize for most spectacular crash of the season!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2017, 10:20:03 AM »
@Wally: there is something wrong with the stats: it seems the All time stats is not updating with this season's stats: I am fixed at 11 wins and 33 podium since last season (I remember the numbers because it was perfectly 11/110=.1 and 33/110=.3)
Yeah, I realise there's something wrong the Google sheets - they are not auto recalculating any more. I think it's a known problem...
You managed to update wins and podiums! :) ... but not poles, in case you don't know. ;)
Stupid &#^$&^ Google sheets. Who ever heard of a spread sheet that doesn't auto recalculate the cells. I want my money back. Oh, wait...
Tried Open Office? ???

2+2=√16

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2017, 10:22:46 AM »
What a great night!!!!  XGN + AC rock and roll!!

I swear,in the first race i was there for real,i swear i was bloody fricking racing,i could smell the burnt fuel,i could hear the tyres screeching,the opponents engine noise.All the bumps of the track,all those braking marks to religiously respect,,,,,and the sweat,adrenaline.....what a great night and what a great assetto corsa group is this,Thx guys...epic..epic first race.

Good job guys!!!  Best online gaming in years!!!

Simone

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2017, 10:33:51 AM »
Dismal night...!
Story of the season, pretty good pace, like the car, had a good setup . . . results . . . Nil!
R1 got to 7th right behind the faster guys when Kero spun and collected me in the process.  The subsequent hit with the wall killed my engine so game over!
R2 If someone didn't either hit me, I get collected by a spinning car or I spin under my own doing then it wasn't a complete lap..! 
Time for Zandvoort . . .  fingers crossed for some points!

Same, had a slow but reliable setup but just could not keep away from other drivers incidents. Its the first XGN race I've been involved in with so many off-road excursions, shows the cars were pushing us to the limit  ;D

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2017, 11:12:39 AM »
i hear you Mael,often you cant avoid other ppl but if you work hard and if you can lift the horizon mark higher you can miss some of the crashes......its a sort of skill. :P...is it???

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2017, 11:20:31 AM »
REPORT:

Quali: I managed to put down a good lap. Then my right leg muscles above the foot started playing some funny stuff and could not control the throttle. My wife gave me some runner's advice and I did some exercises with the leg in the last 5 minutes of quali. I think it worked, because during the race the leg was a bit sore, but at least responded to my inputs normally.

Race 1: it was slippery and tricky, but I got very lucky with kcender and Matthew's accident on lap 1. As a result, I had a bit of a pillow between me and the hungry trio Joe-Phil-Jeremy, which I kept an eye on for the whole race. I was just a bit worried about Phil's early stop, so I pushed really hard on my in-lap, but otherwise I only had one half-baked go for a fast lap towards the end.

Race 2: managed a decent start, passing Matthew through t1-t2, and settled behind a three-way battle with Simone, Joe, and Phil. I then tried to find a way past Simone, but I thought it was too risky to try anything before the straight, so I just gave him that little bit of space ahead. I was already 5th, so with 12 laps to go there was a good chance for a podium anyway. Unfortunately I had kcender behind me who disagreed on the plan and tried to pass me at Scarperia. I closed the inside line and was quite sure he gave up, but actually he went for the inside of Pelagio. Probably I should have given him space, as in any case I would have had a much better exit, but I did not know he had any overlap there, so I went for my normal line and we touched.

At that point my car was playing strange, but still drivable. Unfortunately I made a huge mistake rear-ending Slow_As (sorry!!!) through Pelagio and at that point I decided to pit. After the pit, the car was mostly ok (touched a bit with Freezer at some point, which costed me a bit of front wing) and I just tried to regain as many positions as I could. But then I got into a huge gap behind Simone and there was no way to regain 45+ seconds! I did have a go at the fastest lap on the last lap, though... which worked, though apparently was not useful as I already had the fastest lap anyway.

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2017, 12:14:59 PM »
I had a bad night. I was a long way off the pace, and just couldn't get it together at all.
I still enjoyed the driving, but I can't do my best here, and my best is needed to finish around the middle of the pack.

Race one: Sorry if I balked anyone with my lap one spin.....I caught a little bit of grass and round it went and it was just dumb luck that I didn't hit anyone. I can't really remember what happened after that, except that I made a couple of pitstops because I made mistakes and hit the walls. Can't remember where I finished.

Race two: I couldn't believe my luck; a car landed on me. :) I saw it in the air and thought I might still make it underneath.....I didn't. I was a little peeved, not at the accident, but just my luck to be the one that got squashed. No biggie from my point of view Dave O, there's not much you can do about a car performing a one and a half pike, and trying to stick a landing on another car's roll bar.  :)
I pitted, drove a bit, hit a wall, pitted, drove a bit more and finished somewhere, and some good racing on the way.

Offline KeRo

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2017, 03:15:34 PM »
Dismal night...!
Story of the season, pretty good pace, like the car, had a good setup . . . results . . . Nil!
R1 got to 7th right behind the faster guys when Kero spun and collected me in the process.  The subsequent hit with the wall killed my engine so game over!
R2 If someone didn't either hit me, I get collected by a spinning car or I spin under my own doing then it wasn't a complete lap..! 
Time for Zandvoort . . .  fingers crossed for some points!

Sorry about that Freezer, taking myself out was one thing, but hate the idea of taking someone with me!

Onto my races:

R1

Had a few good setups and was feeling comfortable with this combo, but as was the same as last week got a bit excited and got on the gas a bit early coming out of turn 3 losing the back, spinning into the wall and taking Freezer out in the process.

R2

Got too excited and didn't select my race set up and was stuck on my qualifying set up instead, leaving me with 6 litres of fuel  ::)
Other than that and a few minor mistakes I was reasonably happy with race two.

Morale of the story, I still have a lot to learn, but am enjoying every moment of it  ;D

Offline Shayne

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2017, 03:44:42 PM »
I haven't looked at the replays of last night as I was quite drained at the end. Quite an intense race I had in Race 1. I had a battle with Simone which I'm pretty sure lasted the entire race. I was just holding Simone off for the first half of the race, we pitted around the middle of the race. I pitted a lap after Simone but he jumped me in the pit stop, maybe you had a flying outlap? Maybe my in lap was a bit slow? I can't remember.
After the pit stops, our two way battle turned into a 3way with ab which was good fun. We were all very close to each other's lap times but in different areas. Simone seemed to have more downforce or maybe just bigger balls as he was flying through them couple of fast right turns around the middle of the lap but I was faster down the straight.
I came undone when I wasn't thinking straight and openned DRS down the straight on one of the laps earlier in the race and copped a penalty, so any extra time I could get was needed. I don't know if you guys were struggling with tyres but you both seemed a little bit easier to keep up with and I managed to make moves on both of you down the start/finish straight. You still both beat me because of the penalty but I think if I didn't get them moves done on you guys then Wally would of beaten me on time too and that's just not on :D
I was hoping that Race 2 would of scored me some good points as I was starting 3rd and was hoping that I would be able to get a gap early to most of the field and just bring it home in one piece. This wasn't to be as from what Wally's analyst of the replay states, is that Jeremy got loose and has taken me out before the first chicane. I had to let the field go and drove around with a red front wing, it was quite sketchy drivng that so I pitted and got the nose replaced. I pushed on and tried to make some spots back, I was making good time around midrace but had a couple cars get tangled in front of me and just didn't have enough time to pull up. I hit them front on and received another red front wing and I think it was Wally that got caught out in this and rear ended me. So I pitted again, this time with both my front and rear wing's red.
There must of been some costly mistakes throughout the race as I still came home in 10th? after pitting twice.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2017, 05:13:38 PM »
PS: apologies to Slow_As (different throttle pattern there, I should have been more careful) and Freezer (thought you were letting us pass...?)
No I was limping back to the pits when you rear ended me into the wall...!

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2017, 05:59:33 PM »
PS: apologies to Slow_As (different throttle pattern there, I should have been more careful) and Freezer (thought you were letting us pass...?)
I double my apologies, then. I misunderstood your move. Of course it was not my intention to hit you. Sorry :(

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2017, 11:27:07 PM »
I double my apologies, then. I misunderstood your move. Of course it was not my intention to hit you. Sorry :(
All good, just the end of an overall disappointing night for me ...

Offline Slow_As

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2017, 07:56:56 PM »
1st race with Seanus & DJB1974 was great fun - lots of pressure and pretty good consistency by all three when racing together - Seanus turbo boost was just too much on the straight though.
good race

race 2 To everyone that ran in to me in race 2 - no worries - I was uber slow anyway, somehow was in 7th or 8th in 2nd race then hit from pillar to post and ended up 15th or so.

overall did not have much time to learn this track - and it showed anyhoooo

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal