Xtreme Gaming Network

S8R1: Imola post-race chat

Author Topic: S8R1: Imola post-race chat  (Read 37398 times)

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
Re: S8R1: Imola post-race chat
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2015, 01:22:14 PM »
The general rule of thumb is that if the front of your car is beside someone else's B-pillar at turn-in, then you have a right to the apex of that corner, but should leave racing room on the outside depending on how sharp the corner is.  Marty may have a video, but an example of this was when I tried to put a move on Marty into T1 in race 2 @ Imola.  Marty gave me enough room on the inside and then I gave him enough room on the outside.  Unfortunately I couldn't make the pass stick though!

If someone is passing me and has the nose of their car up beside mine I will generally let them go first and then follow them into the corner and get a better exit, as I would be coming from out wider at turn-in.

It's difficult with some incidents though.  I generally find it much easier to race side by side with someone of similar pace because you can predict where they will be quick and slow the same as you would be - for example Marty and I have driven laps beside each other without incident.  I tend to have the most incidents with slower cars because they seem to be a lot more random in where they will be slower or quicker, etc. even when I'm doing my best to be conservative behind them.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 01:35:05 PM by Guybrush Threepwood »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2015, 01:50:28 PM »
I don't think anyone's taking any posts the wrong way. It's all good healthy discussion.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2015, 02:00:13 PM »
Marty: how much do you want for slow-motion race analysis every Wednesday night, reviewing the best and/or most controversial moments of Monday's race?

Maybe you can stream it live à la Stefano. I'd watch it.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2015, 02:08:06 PM »
1 Billion dollars grat, if the money is there I will gladly do it. Even just a thread where we can have basic incident analysis and people can post incidents they have I could make a video and people can discuss it. Wally covers all race start incidents and gives points penalties there, in race its basic redress which works fine but as with any incident its nearly impossible to be clear of what happened at the time. So in some cases people may not redress when they should have.

But for 1 person to watch all 24 cars over an entire race and find then analyse incidents then this would be so painful that I wouldn't wish it on anyone. If someone points out an incident though and says who, what race and when then its not hard to find this and take a look.

At one point I considered making some highlights videos of race but again its the same thing, making a video takes a few seconds finding stuff could take hours. So the only videos I have ever made basically just show my race as I know what happens and can find things of interest. The Matthew and Jeremey collision we discussed after the race on teamspeak and had they not mentioned it I would have had no idea why Matthew dropped back so far.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2015, 02:30:41 PM »
Ahahah, Marty: the simple fact that you took my joke even a little bit seriously speaks for how much passion you put into this. Amazing.

Of course what I really meant is for you to make a video or so of particular events that people talk about after race or in race reports, that would already be amazing.

BTW, loved the warping post on AC forum. Without slow motion I did not even understand which car warped. Just apparent reality seemed to be in multiple quantum states at the same time for a split instant.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2015, 03:13:25 PM »
Coming soon to race results near you... AC now outputs all contacts to the server log file, naming two parties. I will add it to the race results and graphs (I used to do this in netKar).
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2015, 03:34:40 PM »
Ahahah, Marty: the simple fact that you took my joke even a little bit seriously speaks for how much passion you put into this. Amazing.

Of course what I really meant is for you to make a video or so of particular events that people talk about after race or in race reports, that would already be amazing.

BTW, loved the warping post on AC forum. Without slow motion I did not even understand which car warped. Just apparent reality seemed to be in multiple quantum states at the same time for a split instant.

If someone pays the cash I will take it very seriously, I'm amazed your even considering my proposal. :)

I have had some warp crashes when there wasn't even a car anywhere to be seen, the in replay at 1 frame you see a car disappear 300m away crash into you then continue on their way no idea anything even happened. I had this on the entry to Eau Rogue once and thought the car had a major ground collision issue but it was a car I couldn't even see that was a solid wall for 1 frame. I think its the only time I had a car in AC get fully destroyed with everything red and had no idea wtf just happened.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2015, 05:54:42 PM »

If someone pays the cash I will take it very seriously, I'm amazed your even considering my proposal. :)

I have had some warp crashes when there wasn't even a car anywhere to be seen, the in replay at 1 frame you see a car disappear 300m away crash into you then continue on their way no idea anything even happened. I had this on the entry to Eau Rogue once and thought the car had a major ground collision issue but it was a car I couldn't even see that was a solid wall for 1 frame. I think its the only time I had a car in AC get fully destroyed with everything red and had no idea wtf just happened.

These things puzzle me a bit, as Stefano said clearly in a stream that the netcode should "ghost" cars if they lose data packets. But it does not seem to work too well.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 06:16:45 PM by grat »

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2015, 06:10:58 PM »
I`d love to know who sent me on the grass,,,please anyone?    8) 8) 8) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2015, 06:53:05 PM »
Jeremy clearly didn't want his team mate to challenge him in the race but that's a civil war they can deal with amongst themselves. Its been going on for a while as they seem to use practice as simply landmine location scouting to try and get each other on race nite.

Dont know what I did to deserve this poor sportsmanship from jeremy I have been nothing but welcoming to him. I picked Jeremy up off the streets when his chips were down and everyone was laughing at him for his poor hygiene. I cleaned him up and taught him the ways of life and to not use words like "bra" and "eshays" and introduced him to the world of motorsport and this is how he repays me! Its now a battle to the death and i shall get my vengeance >:(
do you even motorsports?

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2015, 06:54:44 PM »
But seriously jeremy stop finding all these damn glitches its now starting to effect the poeple closest to you haha :P join the ac developemnt team or something!
do you even motorsports?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2015, 07:07:43 PM »
But seriously jeremy stop finding all these damn glitches its now starting to effect the poeple closest to you haha :P join the ac developemnt team or something!

This would be an ideal skin for you guys.

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2015, 10:08:19 PM »
haha looks good to me
do you even motorsports?

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2015, 10:19:57 PM »
Good material Matthew  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Jeremy

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2015, 11:33:44 AM »
I probably should submit my application to become an AC developer... I thought my glitch finding days were over but oh how I was wrong! I will try and keep them to a minimum but no promises. I am now going to publicly apologise in advance to anyone who runs into my name... It wasnt my fault it was given to me many moons ago and it has stuck... now that it has made its way to the sim racing world it has a mind of its own... For this I am truly sorry.   

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal