Xtreme Gaming Network

S4R2: Mugello Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S4R2: Mugello Post-Race Chat  (Read 14317 times)

Offline cramjet

• View Profile
Re: S4R2: Mugello Post-Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2014, 03:20:13 PM »
I was having horrible FPS issues and also intermittent lag. Down the straights I had a solid 140 fps but through corners it would drop below 30. After dropping all my settings to medium (I used to run everything on ultra high except AA) it was somewhat okay.

First race I got lag-bumped and shunted on the first lap when someone behind warped into me. Nobodys fault but I had to go into the pits and ended up a lap down. Not wanting to hold anyone up I bailed in the hope I could sort out my lag/gfx problems.

Second race I got into to qualy with 3 seconds left. Starting from the back I ended up coming through the turn 2/3 incident and getting a tap ending up in the gravel. FPS dropped to 10-20 and I started warping so bailed.

Every other game I play works just fine, no problems. I'll try find a graphics setup that works for me and get a new modem (still no upgrade  :-[). Hopefully next race is kinder!

Offline EdWood

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2014, 03:44:19 PM »
Race 1 was a disaster, i found myself in the pits at the start so i panicked and hit race which put me on the grid with soft tyres that only last 1 lap in the evora and 2 laps of fuel. Got past several cars at turn 1 and 2 who crashed then i spun at turn 6 and was in a tricky spot so had to let everyone go through before rejoining. I then had to pit at the end of lap one for mediums and more fuel, then crashed on the 2nd lap and had a lonely race until the server crashed.

Race2 i got some traffic in qually but managed to make up several spots on the first lap. I had a good battle with Matthew early on for a few laps before i started lagging so had to pull over and let several cars through. After the pit stop i came out just in front of Marty and behind the two 599s of Schmittez and Gwyar. I traded positions a few times with Marty as we both got stuck behind the 599s. Schmmitez eventually made a  mistake so i was able to build a gap and keep him behind for a few laps but then caught up to Gwyar in the other 599 which allowed Schmittez to catch back up and pass me on the last lap

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2014, 04:21:36 PM »
That's not fun...I'm wondering: once on the grid, can't you escape and go back to pits for adjustments?
(referring to the R1 start from pits, and being on the grid with wrong tyres/fuel load)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2014, 05:38:01 PM »
Race 1 was good.
Missed all carnage and made up 10 positions to finish 7th.

Race 2 was bad.
Stuck behind a 599 at the start then hit by it when I passed on a mistake.
Last.
Hit again with major damage I had to fix in the stop.
Came out 1/2 minute clear of anyone.
Hotlapped.

2+2=√16

Offline Vipergod

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2014, 07:38:02 PM »
2 solid 8th places for me, Am very happy with that.
Im also having warpy laggy refreshy issues.  Hard going into a corner and it goes almost 1 frame a second(well it seems like that )
Funny,,, both long races now i have found myself by myself for the last half of the race

Offline imperious

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2014, 09:12:02 PM »
It was hardly a successful night for me in terms of race positions, but I felt I made some driving improvements at least.
The BMW felt horrible to start with, but I think it was 50/50 setup and me needing to change my driving style.

Race 1 better forgotten, but race 2 I was doing alright until the kerb threw me into the wall, in that flat out kink before the last
turn. I must admit I was impressed how the bent bonnet was vibrating due to a now dodgy wheel alignment.
Can't remember who but I hit someone having a moment later in the race, think it was a racing incident.

Visually this game is fine, but it is still let down by 2d looking presentation in the Menu's. It's a shame there will be no
Wet weather as we had a blast in Netkar pro with that. Will be interesting to see where it's at in another years time.

See You's next Tuesday.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2014, 04:36:28 PM »
Marty, I can't remember where you asked about the server crash, but I looked at the logs, and there's no errors or any other information like that in them.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2014, 06:06:24 PM »
Marty, I can't remember where you asked about the server crash, but I looked at the logs, and there's no errors or any other information like that in them.

Ok thats strange maybe just the amazon cloud had a berp at the time, my error.log has always been empty but at times I have seen some people in the regular log get booted saying something like lost packets to client resending in quite a few lines.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal