Xtreme Gaming Network

Fun Run December 13 WEC at Paul Ricard 2x 30 minute races

Author Topic: Fun Run December 13 WEC at Paul Ricard 2x 30 minute races  (Read 18165 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Fun Run December 13 WEC at Paul Ricard 2x 30 minute races
« on: December 06, 2016, 11:17:27 PM »
I think the multiclass run was quite fun this week, so was thinking of going multiclass again with the traditional WEC setup Porsche 919 and the GT2 and GTE cars.

I have picked Paul Ricard 24hr circuit as its a good test track, and it has 36 grid spots so it lets me put up a few of each car so most should be able to get the car they want. Currently its the version with chicane but if enough people request the no chicane this can easily be changed.

Races will be 2x 30 minutes with no forced stops with qualifying at 8:30 AEST of 10 minutes before race 1 and 15 minutes for race 2 if people want to change classes and run some more laps. Total race nite should be about 1 1/2 hours.

This race nite will be hosted on the practice server not Wally's regular race servers. There will be no MR auth on Tuesday night just the regular password but for people to get into the practice server they need a MR AB rating or to give me their GUID so I can add them to the XGN whitelist.

Content on the server is
Porsche 919 2015 (DLC Porsche pack 2)
BMW M3 GT2 (stock content)
Corvette c7 GTE (DLC Dreampack 1)
Ferrari 458 GTE (Stock Content)

Paul Ricard track from this link.
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/paul-ricard.6115/

The 919 has manual kers and also MGU-K modes adjustable in car or in pit. Best to bind a kers button and MGU-K to your wheel if you want to run this car. The in game gears app will show battery levels in the car and you need to learn to use this to your advantage for both a qualy lap and in race.

On the gears app you have a green bar on the right which shows the Kers energy remaining, the yellow bar shows kers energry remaining for the current lap which resets as you cross the line. The blue bar on the left shows kers energy being used, the MGU-K modes will use some battery and pressing kers button gives full battery power while pressed.

The MGU-K modes are
Low- gives more power at lower speed out of corners
High- gives more power at high rpm for some more top speed
Agressive- More power to front wheels, help power out and heats front tyres
Preserve- Less front power saves the tyres and a bit more battery
Hotlap- Uses more battery for a hotlap

Ideally you want to use a mode that doesnt use too much more power then it can generate per lap, then use the manual kers button to add boost when needed. Either for higher speed or to attack or defend, try to save battery for the entire lap especially the critical straights on a hotlap. In a race try not to use all battery as it will leave you a bit of a sitting duck against others that have some left especially at the end of the lap or end of the straight.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 10:12:40 PM by marty »

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Fun Run December 13?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 11:24:42 PM »
Porsche & GT2 sounds good.... :)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 12:09:24 AM »
The 919 is almost a multiclass car on its own with its kers deployment and harvasting, needing to balance it out a bit. From my testing in the car especially on a faster track your best off to use as low a power setting as you can get around a lap in and then use manual kers above that for passing or a bit more speed in critical sections. It may sound complicated but its actually much easier then the ferrari sf15t but also fairly similar to the f138 minus the DRS. A bit slower cornering speeds but a bit higher top speeds if you havent wasted the energy earlier that lap or earlier in the race.

For those that dont want to deal with that can always just stick to the gt cars and keeping the track in nice temp ranges all cars should be pretty good around there.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2016, 11:35:24 AM »
I have picked Paul Ricard 24hr circuit as its a good test track, and it has 36 grid spots so it lets me put up a few of each car so most should be able to get the car they want.

Paul Richard would be good, generally pretty forgiving track  ;D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2016, 07:09:58 PM »
Race format will be 2 races maybe 30 min each so people can choose to race in both classes if they wish but its not required to do so. The grid limit at the track is 36 cars so there will be enough cars in both classes and if we get a good turnout of 20 plus this should be a bit of fun. WEC does pre season testing at the track and so I posted a video in the first post as a preview.  ;)

They test on the no chicane version I think but prac server has chicane up atm though this can be changed if people would prefer the faster layout. Races will be in fine weather with no forced pit stops in either class.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Fun Run December 13 WEC at Paul Ricard 2x 30 minute races
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2016, 09:00:31 PM »
I prefer no chicken. 8)

2+2=√16

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2016, 10:04:12 PM »
I prefer no chicken. 8)

I have taken away the chicken for now, but will race whichever variant is most requested before Tuesday.

So far its 1 vote for the Lamb none for the Chicken.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2016, 11:12:36 PM »
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2016/12/08/f1-use-chicane-mistral-straight-paul-ricard/
phew, thank goodness we're not doing an F1 race. ;)
(I always knew Charlie would insist on the chicken). >:(

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2016, 08:29:24 AM »
Nice one. Bummer to miss this, but sister-in-laws will have birthdays.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2016, 10:34:53 AM »
The only chicane I like is a fast S

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2016, 08:13:42 PM »
Hey guys!! I get the not available content,is there a solution for me  guys...lol   

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2016, 09:01:31 PM »
Hey guys!! I get the not available content,is there a solution for me  guys...lol

Have you got the Porsche DLC packs 1 and 2? and downloaded the right version of paul ricard track?
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2016, 09:54:28 PM »

Paul Ricard track I will link to the first post, cars are the Porsche 919 so that needs either Porsche season pass or PP2 on its own. The other cars are the 458 GT2, BMW M3 GT2 and Corvette C7 GTE which I dont know if they were in dreampacks or official content but they have been out for quite a while already.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2016, 10:16:55 PM »
Buy everything. ;)
It works for me but it's not for all. 8)

2+2=√16

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal