Xtreme Gaming Network

Round 8: Thursday 1st December - Rockingham

Author Topic: Round 8: Thursday 1st December - Rockingham  (Read 17001 times)

Offline humper

• View Profile
Re: Round 8: Thursday 1st December - Rockingham
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2016, 09:20:12 PM »
I have updated humper's windscreen name tag, it wasn't showing and a different font to extra visibility trial.
see first posting this thread.

Thanks buddy!

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2016, 09:52:42 PM »
I have updated humper's windscreen name tag, it wasn't showing and a different font to extra visibility trial.
Not sure where I should put this.
Which is Humper's car?  ???

2+2=√16

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2016, 07:59:21 AM »
"classic_1" is my understanding.
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2016, 10:02:05 AM »
"classic_1" is my understanding.
yes, thanks Denis.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2016, 02:22:58 PM »
Due to all my baby related retirements looks like I just missed out on ballast  8)

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2016, 06:57:39 PM »
Due to all my baby related retirements looks like I just missed out on ballast  8)

do I  have a baby or just take ballast if i get it..... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm haha BALLAST! no need to repeat history :)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2016, 08:36:57 PM »
Yeah said baby currently screaming and preventing me joining at all. Rather have the ballast... may make race 2 if it's sprints

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2016, 09:46:54 PM »
too many setups that didn't really work for me.. chose the wrong one for qual and it dropped me down 1 second.   Didn't too bad even though nothing in me liked this track.  Rear end was skating on ice and hitting 95 degrees on the rear left. Had a coming together with gawaterman and was thankful it was over soon after.  :P.

race 2 I really didn't want to be up the front... I was waiting for it and murphys law delivered.. came around the corner with nowehere to go to see Bruce had decided he wanted to start racing clockwise lol.  By the time I gathered myself back to racing, it was nearly over and I struggled to the finish slipping and sliding everywhere for the last few laps.. my mojo might come back when brands hatch comes around..

I'll start recording the replay Saturday Night and drink some chivas regal while I'm at it.

--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2016, 07:53:11 AM »
Great fun. Sorry about the hit in race 1 Seanus. You were hard to avoid as you were losing it coming out of turn 1 (which was awesome fun to try and nail). A rare race win for me with lots of closing pressure from Phil.

Race 2 I couldn't get through the traffic, being stuck for a while behind Tom, having to watch his different braking points due to his heavy ballast.

I liked the way the car was nice and driftable around here.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2016, 08:29:20 AM »
After a week of frustration with this track, with use of "Phil the Great's" setup I started to enjoy driving around this circuit, thanks Phil.
The changing grip levels in AC is one aspect of the sim I have great difficulty with, because there is no wet track simulation, major grip level variations really mess with my head, as the track always looks the same! I also believe  a 2% or 4% change in grip level would not translate into the decreased lap times that result. When I used to jump into my car to "literally" race to work I would not mentally assess the grip level on the day and adjust my driving accordingly , it was to all intents and purposes the same every day except when it was raining.
Congratulations to the podium people and I again had fun being a mobile road block.
Bad luck Bruce with your momentary lapse of concentration, at least the last 2 rounds should be a bit better with more familiar tracks and a good setup.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 10:31:00 AM by rooshooter »
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2016, 10:56:51 AM »
 :-[
Well apology time again, firstly too Gratulin and secondly to shameless_1, I just can't sustain a good level of concentration once the sun goes down, and you 2 especially had to pay the price.

From memory, I got one good lap out of all the practice and it was in the qual, never to be repeated.
The first "incident" heading into turn one, I missed 3rd, then in recovery, missed 2nd and didn't miss Andrew!
Not sure what happened in the biffing I gave you Des, sorry to you both.

I think I need to start on the back of the grid and work from there, from "fun + fast" in a couple of laps to "crash and catastrophe".

@Phil + for that setup, life saver.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2016, 11:49:22 AM »
I'm never disappointed racing this car.

I'd done around 10 laps to learn the track in the afternoon the missed practise and r1 so decided to start mid pack for the 2nd race.

Got lucky in the first lap making quite a few passes as people went wide. Was then in 3rd behind seanus and aj. Aj went wide after a few laps and I got by then had a good battle with seanus trying to figure out the best place to pass as he was consistent.

I was getting a better run onto the main straight and braking quite a lot later for turn one so waited for my chance and took the inside line to pass.

Offline imperious

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2016, 08:14:43 PM »
I had planned (for once) to get here early last night and do some practise. Unfortunately I decided to remove my cpu cooler and replace the thermal compound first which took longer than expected.
I had hoped to put my new video card, a GTX1070 through its paces but this track wasn't going to do it justice looking a bit like something
from GPL.
No idea what I had done with last weeks setup so just dropped the suspension down before race 1. Made a minor adjustment for race 2 which was reduce the brake power to 90% and drop the front end one more notch.
Aside from the 1st few corners I don't think anyone passed me at all as I made my way up from 12th to 4th. I had some good scraps with Rooshooter and Humper and luckily avoided being caught up in all the entanglements in the 1st few laps.
My best result in ages so looking forward to next week.   

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2016, 10:34:08 PM »
Well apology time again, firstly too Gratulin and secondly to shameless_1, I just can't sustain a good level of concentration once the sun goes down, and you 2 especially had to pay the price.

It happens, if you had stayed put until the rest of the field came through you may have been safe, you moved just as I came around to avoid you and you started moving.. nps though, I got back to racing after a few laps but I wasn't into the track much.

PS: you need to get gratulin a car as he stole Joe's in race 1 and Joe had a twin in race 2. :)
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal