Xtreme Gaming Network

S16R5: Silverstone GP Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S16R5: Silverstone GP Post-Race Chat  (Read 10218 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S16R5: Silverstone GP Post-Race Chat
« on: April 18, 2017, 10:09:58 PM »
RACE RESULTS
SEASON STATS

Round Points
Marty   63
Matthew111   62
Grat   59
Mael   58
Kcender87   57
Phil.8   55
Diehard   55
Joe   49
Wally   47
Keith   43
Shayne   42
UnFknBLievable   40
nith   39
Cursed   39
Slow_As   34
Freezer   32
Seanus   30
RussG   30
Doobs   28
Simone   22
Bacchulum   16
Gratulin   15
Shameless   11
ab156   10
AJ   9
Jeremy   8
Bird   0

Congratulations to Grat on pole, Grat and Matthew on the race wins, and Marty for the overall round win.

Lap 1 Penalties
Lots of action for the race stewards to check this round!

Race 1
  • Slow_As braked too late and slid into the side of Seanus, making him lose position - penalty.
  • There was a three-wide corner where Keith had to brake and moved right to avoid Cursed in front, bumping Nith into Seanus. All three cars were pretty much side-by-side at the time and unsighted - racing incident.
  • Bird ran into the rear corner of Freezer after he had made the pass into the esses. It was a close call, but Freezer was in front at that stage - penalty.
  • There was another 3 wide pinball effect between Keith, Cursed and Tom at the final corner - racing incident.
Race 2
  • Freezer ran into the back of Wally - penalty.
  • Kcender ran into the back of Grat - penalty.
Season Leaders (no change in the podium)
1. Marty, 261
2. Phil.8, 252
3. Diehard, 230

Team Standings
1. Krahl Racing, 434
2. Maki Engineering, 382
3. Infinity + 1, 353
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 10:52:01 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline AJ

• View Profile
Re: S16R5: Silverstone GP Post-Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 10:16:45 PM »
Apologies guys. I might take a hiatus until Optus get their shit together and add some more capacity to their HFC network, it's getting straight up unusable during peak periods (even more so now during school holidays).

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 10:17:00 PM »
Was a strange night missed out on pole by a little to Grat but thats not unusual for me.

Race 1 had an ok start was side by side with Grat but we bumped at t2 and so I backed off hoping to get him later, tried to get past the rest of the race but ran out of ideas so came in 2nd.

Race 2 I wanted a better start but got some massive wheel spin out of t2 this time and nearly spun, losing positions to Kcender and Matthew. From here I wasn't sure if that was a bad thing as I thought maybe Kcender and Grat may get tangled up and not long after they did. This put me in 2nd again behind Matthew who had some good pace, early part of the race he was pushing trying to make a gap but I hung on then in the 2nd half I got closer and had a few looks. Again I couldn't find a clean pass anywhere and so it was 2nd again, its just quite hard to follow anyone here real close and if the guy ahead doesn't make a big error its not easy to get into a good position for a pass.

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 10:24:02 PM »
 Didn't put the prac in for this track, never been a fan of silverstone, even less of a fan of no tyre warmers.

Race 1 I thought would go okay, but once again impatient drivers pushing and shoving cars including mine and not giving others room.. drivers seem to have enough trouble doing this with tyre warmers on, just worse with it off.. So damaged by other cars already on the first lap. front rear  due to a small pile-up and side more than once by the same driver not giving room. Took me most of the race in the end to get back into the race, by this time my body was heating up badly (no air flow here) but managed a 2:07 PB for me. Finished where I expected.

Race 2 body was too stiff and hot and I had trouble breathing so couldn't put a decent lap together and could not concentrate so was best to quit, even though I'd prefer not to.
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline kcender87

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 10:34:50 PM »
Great race one with Matt - side by side into maggots is ... fun :P

Second race I owe Grat a massive apology - my talent / judgement ran out on second to last corner of lap one when i thought i had left enough space to have grat cut across my line and not connect - i was wrong and didnt leave enough room, stopped and redressed but fear i ruined both our races - sorry man

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 10:59:37 PM »
Race 1, I lost several spots on the opening lap, with others around me being more aggressive, but I soon settled into place. I had some good early tussles with Simone, but the race ended up being relatively lonely, with a 5 or 6 second gap to Joe that I couldn't bridge, and Simone close behind all race, about 2 to 3 seconds back. I just put in consistent laps to finish where I qualified.

Race 2 was a lot more fun, with early chases with Cursed and Nith. There were a few position changes between us, a bit of passing, criss-crosses... very good racing. Eventually I got away from both of them after they made little mistakes and I was close enough to capitalise. From there, after I let teammate Grat past, it was just trying to get within 10 seconds of Joe who I knew had a cutting penalty coming. I was close, but couldn't make it, finishing 10.7 seconds behind him.

Two top 10 finishes (just), so I'm pleased with that.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2017, 11:06:30 PM »
Apologies again for the race 1 start.
Just as I went for 2nd my PC locked up for 5-6 sec, next thing I know I'm in the grass on the other side of the track. :-[
It happened again at Luffield so I quit before I screwed up more people.
Didn't mean to be a dick. :(

2+2=√16

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2017, 11:12:02 PM »
Great race one with Matt - side by side into maggots is ... fun :P

Second race I owe Grat a massive apology - my talent / judgement ran out on second to last corner of lap one when i thought i had left enough space to have grat cut across my line and not connect - i was wrong and didnt leave enough room, stopped and redressed but fear i ruined both our races - sorry man
No worries, mate. It happens. I watched the replay and it went exactly like that. All good.
You actually did not manage to redress, as I was facing the track and so could not rejoin until the whole pack passes and found myself in 20th position :(

As for the races: I could have maybe got more points if it was not for the crash. But had lots of fun! Race one was a battle of nerves. I knew Marty was a bit faster, but for the first 9 laps or so, I was managing to keep the pace to avoid him trying to hard to pass me. Once my tyres lost their prime, though, I had to start defending massively. He tried the inside and the outside at least 3 times each. But having watched WEC, F3, and ELMS the whole weekend, I had a good idea on where and how to shut the door. Miraculously, it worked!

Race 2... well, yes, from 1st to last (20th) in one corner is never nice. But the 20th to 8th in 13 laps was quite some fun. And not an easy one---you guys are pretty fast, all of you. And my congratulations to everybody. Got 2 passes at Copse and 3 at Stowe, one on the outside! Some nice moments through brooklands/luffield and even a pass on the outside at club (had no idea it was possible---thank you, Simone). AND NOT ONE CONTACT, not even a little one. I know each of us has his bad memories. But I think this is an impressive field!

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2017, 11:15:26 PM »
Not the best qually for me with traffic and mistakes. Was at 17th and just managed an okay lap at the end of time for 9th.

Started okay and was at the back of the mael, phil, diehard, shayne train. Was getting closer to shayne but made a mistake coming into the back straight and lost some time. Soon after my framerate when apeshit for half a lap stuttering massively. I could see on my keyboard lcd it was under 30fps. Luckily it jumped back up again and i could contine and finish 9th.

Race 2 appeared like it was going to be a similar story behind shayne until he spun off at the end of the back straight. I was with diehard for a bit but a few mistakes opened that gap. Towards the end i could see kcender getting closer and closer but i had 3 cuts and was taking it easy . Was fairly sure i could keep the place but made several stupid mistakes then spun off giving me my 10 sec pen. Straight away checked times to those behind. Grat was too close but wally was 9 seconds behind so put my foot down and managed to open the gap leaving me in 8th.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2017, 11:15:35 PM »
Also: apologies to Marty for the touch at t...3, I think in lap 1 of race 1. My PC started stuttering like crazy and for 2 or 3 seconds I was not completely sure where I was! Thankfully it was a minor thing and it passed. Thanks a lot for the rest of the race! I really enjoyed it!

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2017, 11:21:10 PM »
I just discovered I was 24th---not 20th... wow. Now I see why it felt cool ;)

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2017, 11:32:57 PM »
Was hoping for a good result here but it was not to be.
Qualified 13th after having been a bit quicker in practice.
R1:  Got away well but got tagged by Bird into Maggots which spun me and sent me all the way back to 22nd.  From there I pushed hard even dipping into the 2.05 club
and managed to get back around 10 spots.
R2:  One of those moments when you hit the brakes into T1 and go "Oh Sh#t" as everyone is stopping just that bit quicker than you.  With that I promptly hit the rear of Wally.
Some skillful driving saw him catch it and not loose to much.  Sadly a lap later I spun exiting Stowe and hit the wall.  With a right hand down wheel, smashed screen and mostly missing
front spoiler I pushed on.  Drove hard and got bunch of spots but the car didn't really have the pace due to damage.

I did note during the race that I wasn't seeing any track cut info on screen, but the post race results clearly indicate I got time penalties on both races.... :(:(:(   Need to fix that!

Well done to Mael for holding up our team status with a big haul of points.

Offline kcender87

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2017, 11:39:09 PM »

No worries, mate. It happens. I watched the replay and it went exactly like that. All good.
You actually did not manage to redress, as I was facing the track and so could not rejoin until the whole pack passes and found myself in 20th position :(

Shit! my mistake again - I saw you facing the track next to me parked on the outside of the corner then saw you drive toward the track - when I flicked around I saw a red car drive off and not being able to read plates in the Rift, assumed it was you and hopped in behind and somehow missed your actual car completely :S Punt me into the scenery next week and we'll call it even - I think i deserve it :P

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2017, 11:45:55 PM »

Shit! my mistake again - I saw you facing the track next to me parked on the outside of the corner then saw you drive toward the track - when I flicked around I saw a red car drive off and not being able to read plates in the Rift, assumed it was you and hopped in behind and somehow missed your actual car completely :S Punt me into the scenery next week and we'll call it even - I think i deserve it :P
Ahahah! Don't be silly! You did the right thing---whether you meant it or not. We already have penalties for lap 1 incidents. No need to screw up your race more just for a silly redress. If there is a safe way to rejoin in an orderly manner, then go for it, of course!

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2017, 08:04:51 AM »
Between my stupidness, tiredness, lack of praccy and the shoddy downshifts it was a shit of a night, hence I pulled out early.
Sorry for all the problems I've caused, especially to Freezer, I don't know how did I misjudge that corner so badly that we still had an overlap going in.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal