5 (12.5%)
Lotus 72D
3 (7.5%)
Lotus Exos 125
14 (35%)
Lotus 98T
11 (27.5%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: Season 17 car poll - open wheelers  (Read 34273 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: Season 17 car poll - open wheelers
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2017, 10:38:45 PM »
Shit ye mate!!!........i am troll!!!!

The biggest one there is.  The strawberry troll!

Bird......i am not growing strawberry anymore.........

See? SEEE??!?? A real Troll!

Ok, so what are you growing nowadays, apart form a useless brats like mine? :)

HAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAA  SEEEEEEEEE,,,,,????   

I am growing custard apples and passion fruit!!!   

mmmm...passionfruit!  I still need to visit you.   Why do you have to live far away in the middle of nowhere? ;)

I suspect getting enough land in Sydney to grow stuff is a bit of an issue.  ;)

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2017, 09:00:54 AM »
Bird........you and your family are welcomed anytime to visit us,and we are not living in the middle of nowhere,,,20 min from Caloundra,40 min from Maroochydore 45 min from Brisbane,5 minutes from IGA,5 min from the doctors........6 km from the nearest.......pub.
We live on a 40 acres+ farm,with 1500 custard apple trees(i bought 400 more ready for 2018) and 1000 passion fruit vines,and expanding.1 dog(Bruno)

https://www.npsr.qld.gov.au/parks/glass-house-mountains/

yes,,,,we live somewhere in the middle of........those mountains,so no excuses not to come Bird!!!!!!!!!!!

sure......Marty is invited too!!!!!!!

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2017, 02:30:36 PM »
45 mins from Brissy is the problem part.  It's rather far from anywhere I frequent.   Brit is nearby, have you met him?

But I'll try to make it happen...it shouldn't take much longer, I mean I've promised to turn up at some point ~10 years ago, what's the hurry? :D

In the meantime, if you come around the central coast, give me a holler ;)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2017, 11:47:18 AM »
So after this fun run there will be another in the exos.  ;D

I take it people havent driven it yet especially if its the stock with only hard tyres, the stig demanded softer tyres to run a lap in it as it doesnt work at all on slower tracks with cool temps.

[youtube]1E0PFLbGXyA[/youtube]

It would be a fun challenge I think but not something I suspect would be any easier then the 98t. The original favourites have both lost votes so maybe the season will just never get started.  ;)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2017, 11:53:59 AM »
There will be a deadline eventually :)
I'll probably close the poll after tonight's race, on Wed night. Or you're right, we'll never start.

People can drive the Exos themselves if they want to see if it's vote worthy.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2017, 09:57:01 PM »
I'll close the poll 6:00pm Wed night, so if you want to change your mind, cast your vote!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2017, 11:27:37 PM »
Any chance of a proposed circuit list for the exos or 98T before the votes close?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2017, 11:59:49 PM »
For the Lotus 98T, I had listed (late 80's F1): - 1 x 50 min race, no refuelling

Imola
Spa
Brands Hatch
Red Bull Ring
Monza

For Exos (GP2 style) - 1 x 30 min race with CPS (tyres), 1 x 20 min race no CPS, no refuelling

Red Bull Ring
Spa
Mugello
Imola
Zandvoort
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 12:02:35 AM by Wally »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2017, 12:05:34 AM »
And thanks to Phil, check this app out: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/acrl-drs.15414/

It adds the "DRS only when 1 second behind car in front at activation point" and "no DRS until lap 3" rule. It looks good.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2017, 07:40:36 AM »
And thanks to Phil, check this app out: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/acrl-drs.15414/

It adds the "DRS only when 1 second behind car in front at activation point" and "no DRS until lap 3" rule. It looks good.

Looks interesting, the app is a real chat spammer though lol it would be good if somehow that could be incorporated to plp even better if kunos just added it to the game officialy without needing to run such plugins. If an app can determine the drs rules youd think the code itself wouldnt be that hard inside the game.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2017, 07:45:22 AM »

Looks interesting, the app is a real chat spammer though lol it would be good if somehow that could be incorporated to plp even better if kunos just added it to the game officialy without needing to run such plugins. If an app can determine the drs rules youd think the code itself wouldnt be that hard inside the game.
I'll put up an XGN version which has our rules in it, and also see if I can strip out any chat spam we don't need. I only need something that says someone used DRS when they're not supposed to, so I can give a post-race time penalty.

Offline Shayne

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2017, 10:45:32 AM »
Come on guys, give that 98T a couple more votes ;)

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2017, 11:32:10 AM »

I'm really hoping that these sorts of rules and also customisable penalties will come in future updates.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2017, 12:37:02 PM »

Only needs one more vote but probably 2 as Wally will vote with the pussies in a tie.  ;D

I'm really hoping that these sorts of rules and also customisable penalties will come in future updates.

Will need to try and persuade Stefano to consider it, he said a future update will have pit lane speed limits and next update will likely focus more on MP features. Main focus last one was on AI and he did some good stuff there so fingers crossed a big server side uodate next time around as AI isnt a major issue any more.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2017, 01:46:15 PM »

Only needs one more vote but probably 2 as Wally will vote with the pussies in a tie.  ;D

Will need to try and persuade Stefano to consider it, he said a future update will have pit lane speed limits and next update will likely focus more on MP features. Main focus last one was on AI and he did some good stuff there so fingers crossed a big server side uodate next time around as AI isnt a major issue any more.
Perhaps multiplayer rules and penalties could come from the guys who did the custom championship stuff. That is pretty good except it doesn't support multiplayer. I also noticed that the Yellow Flags now work properly ie they now display only in the segment when the incident has occurred. Perhaps the same programmers will start adding more of the multiplayer rules etc.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal