Xtreme Gaming Network

Simulator build - Hoonigan

Author Topic: Simulator build - Hoonigan  (Read 17275 times)

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
Re: Simulator build - Hoonigan
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2019, 08:41:17 PM »
I don't even want to imagine how much GB will be destroying us with a rig and triples.... that said would be awesome to have you back.

Did you mean CSL elite? I have the CSL elite base with a couple of the clubsport rims and it was a huge step up from the g27. I ended up buying a used set of clubsport v2 pedals though instead of the elite ones, but I know a few people here have the CSL ones and are happy with them.

Rig wise I have a Next Level GT Ultimate. Part of the reason I chose that was the triple monitor stand attached directly to the rig and didnt take up too much additional space.

Hey Joe.
Yes CSL, lol. My desk would get too sticky trying to drive with a bag of sugar :)

Where did you guys get your CSL Elite stuff?  Only place I can see is Pagani imports.

What do you all think of this :  I get a 32 inch curved 1440p now and then wait until GPUs become more reasonable, then get an extra two 32 inch monitors and run triples then.

I remember trying 1080p on my old monitor after racing in 1440p and couldn't do it.  Yes. Life is hard sometimes. I'm just not sure I can go back to 1080p even for triples and I don't want to provide the huge outlay only to be disappointed.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2019, 09:35:15 PM »
I built this from aluminium profile for ~$1k plus car seat for ~$250. It only has 24" screens. I did have access to a friend who fabricated some of the aluminium parts for me to save money.
Very nice work Gratulin. Wish I had some of those skillz.
It resembles the Sim Lab rig https://sim-lab.eu/product/gt1-evo/
Did you get inspiration from there?
That was the starting point but then I integrated the monitor stand and the PC deck. The monitor arms became real simple and strong once I decided to go for a fixed 45deg angle.

Finding the leather BMW seat was a real bonus - it is from a 2012 coupe.

The skills are my friend's - he started as a tool maker and also worked on super maxis so he could make just about any bracket I needed.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2019, 09:36:11 PM »
Order the Fanatic stuff direct from their web site.

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2019, 09:40:42 PM »

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2019, 10:07:05 PM »
What GPU do you have now GB?

Personally for me triples was the biggest and best change I made followed by a load cell brake. I guess if you still planned triples down the line go for it. I have 3 27" 1080p monitors and that's fine for me.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2019, 10:52:03 PM »
Same here, 3 x 27" looks just dandy.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2019, 09:02:43 AM »
This is what I currently he have:

7970 3gb
i5 3570k
8gb ddr3
Azrock Z77 Extreme 4 mobo
Fractal design define R4 case
850W PSU

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal