Xtreme Gaming Network

S5R1: Lotus 49 at Monza 66 Post Race

Author Topic: S5R1: Lotus 49 at Monza 66 Post Race  (Read 17880 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S5R1: Lotus 49 at Monza 66 Post Race
« on: January 20, 2015, 10:58:11 PM »
Race Results
Season Standings

Congratulations to Stan and Marty on the race wins, and Marty on the round win, narrowly from Stan.

Round Points
Marty    216
StanDaam    214
Bacchulum    170
G0RGAK    162
Gratulin    155
Matthew111    155
Ysu    129
M8R    118
Rolz    118
Bafs17    117
Vipergod    114
Imperious    109
Wally    108
Grubbet    100
ThyMelman    79
Krahl    75
Phil    55
Flattop    28
Dave O    0
EdWood    0

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

G0RGAK

Re: S5R1: Lotus 49 at Monza 66 Post Race
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 11:06:57 PM »
Good races, looking forward to next week @ Silverstone

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 11:15:42 PM »
I qualified reasonably well and the car felt really good. Finished 4th and 7th, but my internet connection dropped out just before race 3, so I was a DNS.

Sorry for the shunt in race 2 Rolz. My brakes were locked behind you into Parabolica and I couldn't pull it up. And Bacchulum, I didn't look at the replay of when I hit you. Maybe I was hit from behind and ricocheted into you - I don't know. It was a weird collision.

Looking at the race starts, in race 1, it appeared that EdWood warped as he said on TS. He didn't start off the line, and then started bouncing around as though another car had hit him, although no one appeared to hit him in the replay. That caused a few accidents for those behind.

In race 2, M8R got his wheels onto the grass at the left of T1, which spun him across the track, where I hit him. That again set off a bit of a chain collision, but was really just a racing accident.

In general, I don't want to restart races just because there's a big crash. Crashes happen, as in real life. We try to avoid them, of course, but a little bit of disappointment makes a clean race just that bit sweeter. There are 3 goes each round, after all. You have to brush yourself off and get on with it and try to salvage as many points as you can. That's part of racing.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 11:36:08 PM »
SHIT!!!!   I am not impressed with myself,i thought this was on Thursday.....bugger!!!!! I had prepared real hard for this race,,,my mistake sorry wally!!

Fuck!!!

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 11:39:47 PM »
Was some fun racing with some very close qualy times and all 3 races Stan, Ysu and me had some great battles with most likely each of us being in the lead at some point in all 3 races. Some classic Monza slingshots and close finishes in race 1 and 3 and not much in all the qualy sessions pretty much being last across the line wins.

Here is some 4k screen spam from all 3 races/

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 11:46:25 PM »
I had heaps of fun, even tho I've borked up race 2 & 3.  But race 1 was a real ripper, especially the last few laps - really close battles!
Cya guys in a few weeks, have fun!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2015, 06:57:49 AM »
SHIT!!!!   I am not impressed with myself,i thought this was on Thursday.....bugger!!!!! I had prepared real hard for this race,,,my mistake sorry wally!!

Fuck!!!

Bugger, Simone. Remember next Tuesday at Silverstone!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2015, 07:01:51 AM »
Nice shots Marty. How good is this sim looking? I have my PP fairly bright now, like a clear, sunny day, and it looks very realistic to me.

Holy crp, I just zoomed in on the original 4K screen shot size. That is amazing.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2015, 07:35:38 AM »
[youtube]086cvmjTnco[/youtube]

Ed's start of race 1 (slo-mo).

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2015, 08:53:18 AM »
Pretty cool driving Ed :) .... Really like the head movements...

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2015, 09:21:26 AM »
Ed, give this guy a ring after you get back from the chiropractor fixing your neck...
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2015, 09:47:56 AM »
was pretty fun,  but on the restarts , you cant tell me if that was real life there would not have been a restart.
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2015, 10:16:45 AM »
Super Sexy Awesome shots Marty!! :D
I wondered where you were Simone after practising with you before the race, hard luck duuude, :(

I had my best Tuesday night racing eva!! I got my first win!! woot woot!!

Great night's racing in all 3 races.
Race 1, great dicing at the start with Marty and Bird. I managed to get a bit of a lead, then with about 3 laps left, Marty and Bird started catching me as I started to crumble under the thought that I might actually win a race ha ha!! They we're right on my tail at the end but I managed to get home with a win!! Schweeet  :D

Race 2 was more tight racing with Marty and Bird. After a few laps, Bird went wide onto the grass and then Marty did the same so I felt obliged to give it a go as well. Unfortunately I went a bit too far off line and suddenly I'm all locked up and turning around on the grass, heading straight for Marty and Bird going into the Lesmos. I swear the racing gods were looking after me last night, because I should have taken them both out but I spun around and managed to miss them and just tapped the wall and drove on in 4th place. After Bird had a little nasty, I managed to catch up to Mathew and just passed him on the last lap and scraped home in 2nd!! Also schweeet!!  :D

Race 3 was another awesome duel with Marty n Bird, a classic Monza duel with some great slip streaming through most of the race. The finish with Marty was sooo close, thought I was going to get him but alas the gods boomed over the PA 'Noooo, Marty is the chosen one!!' and so he won.

Great night of racing for me. loved it  ;D

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2015, 10:23:55 AM »

was pretty fun,  but on the restarts , you cant tell me if that was real life there would not have been a restart.
Safety car for about 3 hours ;)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2015, 11:17:02 AM »
[youtube]086cvmjTnco[/youtube]

Ed's start of race 1 (slo-mo).

Lol looks like the poor guy had a seizure, ed has done well to actually get off the road quickly. He likely lagged and others collided with his car as he warped. Its a shame his connection has a habbit of spazing out. He is great to race against and weve had some very good battles, just any time his ping climbs it can warp quite nasty.

In the video it doeant even show the warp but going by the head motions he has had collisions with others yet we cant see it. I see this sort of thing on the public servers quite a bit and its only about 3 or 4 people who are prone to big lag spikes. Its more the locals then guys even with 450 pings.

Saw one of the wa guys get a ping of 9k once, that was some insane warping. It seems a connection that rises even from 50 to 80 starts to warp but then if it gets into the 100's it can jump back and forth quite a distance. Easiest fix would be to ghost cars that have a climbing ping as thats nearly a certainty of these lag spikes happening.

Safety car for about 3 hours ;)

The restarts wouldnt include those that died and I think after the 2 lotus 49 rounds wed need some strong recruiting to fill the empty cars next round. I am pretty sure Birds accident in race 3 would not have been survivable same as quite a few on that start.

I did have a chuckle at Birds off as he did encourage me to make that move which is always going to be sketchy. I didnt try it in race 1 and it may have cost me a chance for the win. Did it a couple times on Stan but passing on the inside of the fast left hander just makes you a sitting duck on the straight as you need to slow a bit more for the tighter inside entry.

I was quite impressed with the racing between us 3 up front with no contact between us. Some very close calls and the one with stan losing it on the grass I thought we were all gone. I dived as far inside on entry as possible but bird was putside on entry. Stans car somehow didnt get the perfect strike that looked inevitable.

After this there are some races in the 98t lol, if this was real I wonder how many would make it to season 6.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal