Xtreme Gaming Network

S5R6: Lotus Exos 125 at Spa - Post Race

Author Topic: S5R6: Lotus Exos 125 at Spa - Post Race  (Read 16059 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S5R6: Lotus Exos 125 at Spa - Post Race
« on: February 24, 2015, 10:39:19 PM »
Race Results
Season Standings

Round Points
Ysu    207
Matthew111    183
StanDaam    168
Wally    165
Simone    162
Perch    160
Rolz    153
Guybrush Threepwood    144
Freezer    135
Imperious    132
Bafs17    126
Bacchulum    114
G0RGAK    101
Benana    99

Congratulations to Ysu on the round win, and Guybrush and Matthew111 on the race wins.

Season Podium
1. StanDaam, 963
2. Matthew111, 826
3. Bacchulum, 784
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S5R6: Lotus Exos 125 at Spa - Post Race
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 11:02:21 PM »
Couldn't do a decent quali lap so I started dead last in 14th.  R1 I jumped away and avoided any chaos and suddenly found myself in 5th on lap 1.
I had borrowed Bachulum's setup and with the DRS I was comfortably hitting 290 without drafting up the main straight.  Unfortunately though on lap 4 as I screamed up on to the back of Simone after Eau Rouge I pulled out of the draft to find two cars in front going much slower.  I barely had time to react and was in to the back of them and chaos ensued.  Got going eventually with a bit of a sad car and managed to drag it home in 8th.
R2: Much better qualifying to get 7th.  I got away and grabbed a spot or two into 4th spot.  I then spent most of the race just being smooth and was holding station.  Did the pit stop with what I thought was the right amount of fuel but then with about 3 laps to go I realised that it was getting low and after some quick maths in my head whilst driving (difficult) I had to do a last lap splash, dropping a couple of spots and got home 8th.

Apologies to those involved in the R1 pile up.  Would like to see the video but i didn't save it!! (yes that's a hint)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 11:31:11 PM by Freezer »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 11:04:19 PM »
I was a bit off the pace in qualifying, but I added just a little more wing from Bacchulum's set and got a PB (which I couldn't beat in qualifying).

At the start of race 1, I was on the end of a little chain reaction, getting hit at turn 1 hard enough to put me sideways. It just looked like racing incidents, nothing too bad. There were a few light wheel to wheel contacts which were enough to unsettle a few cars. I fought my way back from 13th to 5th, with a nice little bit of racing with G0rgak early on until he oversteered behind me.

Race 2 was a ripper. There was a lot of close, intense, pack racing. I had dropped a little bit of wing, and managed to pull some nice drafts behind Perch, hitting over 295 from memory. Near the end of the race, Stan was closing on me over the last few laps when I was 4th, but so close to home on the last lap I got a tank slapper in the last few turns - can't quite remember now what happened - but it put me in the wall with a broken front wing, and I just managed to hold Rolz off by 0.25 secs. Great race.

Simone, looking at your lap times, before the pit stop you were doing 2:04's, then after your stop, your times were:

2:05:859
2:06:499
2:05:401
2:06:033
2:05:345
2:07:585
2:09:441

So you can see they started dropping off on your worn tyres.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 11:20:05 PM »
In race 1, after the Kemmel Carnage, I lost 4-5sec/lap through damage, but still managed to hang on for last.

Race 2 picked up some rear wing damage early but still caught the Wally/Stan battle until excessive rear tyre wear produced a tank slapper.
Lost 30 sec in the stop repairing and was out of contention for battles.

Oh, and everyone who beat me with my set owes me 2 points. ;D
Glad you guys liked it. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 08:42:58 AM »
Sorry I missed the fun / carnage. Spa is always great.

Congratulations to Bird for the round win :)

For the record I have to include his quote from the pre- race chat:

I've run a few test laps, and I find the car worse than the last round. 
What sort of car is this? Where does it run?  It feels really touchy. 

With Guy's set all I could do was spin everywhere,  Bacchulum's was much nicer - after raising the power diff to around 70 and moving the brakes to 53.   Still, I can't comprehend the speed you guys are getting, I was over 2:10 and really disinclined to practice; these cars are not fun for me.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 09:04:39 AM »
Bugger off, Gratulin!   But thanks :)

I really did not get this car early on - then as I got used to it I've discovered that it's a bit like the other lotuses; you just give it to it, and trust the car's handling to sort it out.   After a half an hour praccy I felt I could do with more oversteer for mid-corner speeds, so I've dropped the front rollbar 3 clicks, and the car started to turn very nice & quick.  Altho I haven't found my real speed till the 2nd race. 

It was unexpected good fun night, and again;
Very sorry guys (especially Bacchulum!) for the mishap in R1.   I've mis-calculated, the car has suddenly gained too much speed and so I've rear-ended Bacchulum.  In fact, I think I should be penalised for this.

R1 I got the lead after T1 (how? still a mistery) and managed to hold out in front of Guy for a couple of laps, somehow.  (Maybe because his set had more wings, therefore overtaking with that set is not easy here).   Then later in the race I had a great tussle with Perch, who got the speed on me in general - but he used the high-df set, therefore near-unable to overtake.  Hehe.

R2 I've gained positions again at the start (interesting 'cause I haven't even touched the default TC - which I reckon equals 3).
Then it was just Simone slowly closing the gap.  I've planned on a very quick pit, I just click-click-click-ed through it; tyre/full fuel/go. 

Out of the pits I was now an extra 10s in front, so I felt fairly safe.  Plus, as it turns out Simone did not change tyres.   Mistake :)

Guiness FTW! :D

P.S. someone asked for replays.
Rac e1 https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24242159/ac/lotus_exos_125%40spa_20150224210705.rar
Race 2 https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24242159/ac/lotus_exos_125%40spa_20150224215306.rar  - this is probably not the whole race...I wonder when will AC fix this bug?
Give it half an hour to upload.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 09:06:53 AM by Bird »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2015, 09:41:16 AM »
Sorry I missed the fun / carnage. Spa is always great.

Congratulations to Bird for the round win :)

For the record I have to include his quote from the pre- race chat:

I've run a few test laps, and I find the car worse than the last round. 
What sort of car is this? Where does it run?  It feels really touchy. 

With Guy's set all I could do was spin everywhere,  Bacchulum's was much nicer - after raising the power diff to around 70 and moving the brakes to 53.   Still, I can't comprehend the speed you guys are getting, I was over 2:10 and really disinclined to practice; these cars are not fun for me.

LOL, I was thinking the same thing.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2015, 09:43:26 AM »
Bird, 4x  longer replays are coming in 1.1, if you want to sacrifice some quality.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2015, 10:12:47 AM »
Bird, 4x  longer replays are coming in 1.1, if you want to sacrifice some quality.
Meh that's a half-assed solution at best.  Why can't the program write it in a file as it goes?  Or even simply use more memory than 500MB? 
It's all beyond me. 

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2015, 10:24:53 AM »
I have to run my graphics so low, I already get the whole second race in replay. :(

2+2=√16

Rolz

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2015, 10:48:27 AM »
Was a top night

R1 - qualified well, but rubbed with Matthew at the corner after the fist long straight I came off second best and spun, thankfully no damage but ended up last... came back and was happy with 7th. Have to really apologize for then running into Bacchulum, it was not on purpose and I can only suspect you might have been riding slower due to previous damage and then we come together... feel bad as I not only took your setup I then took you out  :-\

R2 - better race... for some reason the 4x tire wear seemed to work for me and my race times where better than R1 (plus with full tank), but then around lap7-8 I just was losing it everywhere... I must be really hard on my tires... happy to have some good tussles, but usually I just can't keep pressure up and people disappear into the sunset....  :P

Thank all!  ;D

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2015, 12:09:02 PM »
Once again i used guys setup, the spa car was a bit sharper than the nurb car i was using.

Race 1: got a bad start and fell to 4th and then 5th as it turns the car had no top speed haha so i was always getting hammered down the straight and i could see guy having the same issues just ahead, we couldnt make use of the cars speed in the turns while behind everyone so it was difficult to attack or hold position. Now i know how it feels to be a redbull lol in the end i got caught up in the big pile up on the straight with no where to go the car was very bent.

Race2: I upped the 6th gear ratio a click to get a little more top end on the straights so i could attack just in case i got another bad start, but not to be as i managed to pull enough of a gap before the straight and from there I just put my head down and pulled away. Car was awesome and it was a nice little win :)
do you even motorsports?

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2015, 02:46:48 PM »
Up and down round for me again last night, but had some good battles so happy with that  :D

Race 1, Had all my grip helpers on for the corners but as someone said they are tricky to get moving off the line with all those assists on... yep they was right!! I bogged it down. Managed to avoid all the peeps passing me and thought I was fine but I got a bit of a tap on the rear which shunted me into Wally at the first corner... Not much damage. I trundled on, gained a lot of spots through the carnage up ahead (driving through the war zone, dust, limbs strewn) and was sitting in 4th till Eau Rouge nabbed me (don't press the DRS till after I get through there!!) and I ended up with a 7th.
Race 2 was an excellent race. Big pack of about 5 cars in close vicinity, jostling, jousting, a nose in here, a little covering of a corner there, good stuff. Ended up with Wally and I fighting it out for 4th, he should have had it except for a nasty spin with just corners left... top fightings!! much enjoyed  :D

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2015, 03:38:06 PM »
Race 1 I went in a bit deep to the first corner and didn't want to rejoin too hastily and ended up sitting behind Bird for a few laps which was good fun.

Race 2 I forgot about the double fuel in qualifying and ran out on my flying lap.  I tried for another but time ran out just as I was coming up to the start line, so ended up starting 6th or 7th.  I was up to around 5th on the Kemmel straight behind Simone and managed to pass him going into Puhon but then got a tap on my right rear wheel which sent me into the barriers and then into the path of everyone else.  I pitted to get fixed up which took around a minute, and then it was pretty boring by myself and I was no chance of catching anyone so I decided to watch the race unfold from other driver's perspectives.  It was a good battle between Stan and Wally :)

I was looking forward to that race the most out of the whole season, so a little disappointing, but thems the breaks.  I do hope we can eventually set reverse grids, etc. as it is always fun being in amongst it.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2015, 04:27:53 PM »
...) and was sitting in 4th till Eau Rouge nabbed me (don't press the DRS till after I get through there!!) ....

Interesting, I had no problem with it whatsoever, always engaging DRS as soon as I was in 3rd, and going flat through Eau Rouge in 6th. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal