Xtreme Gaming Network

S27R2: Silverstone Race Chat

Author Topic: S27R2: Silverstone Race Chat  (Read 15585 times)

Offline Ablearcher83

• View Profile
Re: S27R2: Silverstone Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2019, 09:10:57 AM »
That was a fun outing. Started the night buy forgetting to purchase the Stang, and was left to deal with the Nissan. At least I had run all 3 for setup and had similar times. I just don't like the Nissans steering.

Qualified 9th and managed to get up to 6th after Russ got shunted in the chicane on the first lap. Russ got back on track, he caught me up by the 6th lap I was able to hold him up for a lap or so. Till I missed a shift going on to Hanger Straight and he was gone. Killagorilla scared the hell out of me! didn't see him coming in the dark grey colour scheme .

R2 was busy with scraping with Mael for the first five laps or so. Sorry Mael for the tap in Stowe thought you would  have drifted a bit wider after passing on the inside as I was cutting back. Spend the next few laps fending off Ab1, but couldn't hold him of for long. The rest of the race I spent holding off Rob. I had a better run through the chicane and Club corner, but Rob would be hounding me again by the time we hit Hanger Straight.

R3 was like R2 fight with Mael for the first five laps till his tyres were up to speed. The next 10 laps was spent fighting with Ab1, it was a tight fought thing with Ab1 half a second by the finish line.

All in all had some good racing, heres hoping that the next round can be this entertaining.

Intoxicated by the exubrance of my own verlocity

Offline ab156

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2019, 09:14:29 AM »
No practice, missed qual however guest was beset with jet ag so was able to unexpectedly jump in midway through the first race.

Great car and track combo and some good racing, especially with Able in Race 3. 

Race 3 off at the end of the lap was definitely due to me being a bit aggressive, from memory I got a bit wide on exit after passing Freezer into the last chicane and then tried to come back across and got a tap in the rear quarter panel.  Defiantly no fault for Freezer.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2019, 01:29:15 PM »
Fun racing even though I did not have the pace to compete with the top half of the field. I would like to blame the car but suspect a more talented driver would have been up there with the BMW.

The rear of the field was though, some hard battles were fought and fun was had  ;D

Sorry Mael for the tap in Stowe thought you would  have drifted a bit wider after passing on the inside as I was cutting back.

All good Able, contact is allowed in tin top racing as long as you do not bump the other driver off the track  8)

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2019, 08:53:21 PM »
Surprised to get 5th in qual and with RussG going off at the start found myself in P4 with Bradc close behind.  It was tight for many laps but I eventually inched away to come home 4th.
Race 2 saw RussG on my tail for many laps.  I just needed to keep it clean as I felt he was a bit faster.  Russ eventually got a run and after numerous turns door handle to door handle he was through.
I thought I could hold out Killa until the end but a slip saw him grab me on the last lap.
Race 3 . . .  a weird one!  Grabbed 1st on the grid and the car started to roll back, I stopped it, then the flag dropped and we were away. 
I hadn't noticed any warnings but after lap two I was suddenly thrown back to the pits having been disqualified for not doing a stop/go!!
I have watched the replay and am pretty confident I jumped when everyone else did, so not sure why I had the penalty but regardless, race was done!

Re AB incident in race 3, I was down the inside trying to hold it tight with Bradc when suddenly a red car flashes around the outside.  I couldn't keep it any tighter and
we had a small tap which unfortunately sent AB around.  :(

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2019, 09:21:55 PM »
Thanks Russ for turning me around in race 3...you could/should have redressed...you know that, don't you?
Hi killa,
Just watched the replay and I'll put my hand up for that.
My only excuse is that I was in a really hot battle with Joe and wasn't expecting your lunge up the inside (which was fine), but I guess I wasn't expecting you to be as slow out of the turn ....
As for redressing, I normally do it, but maybe I was a bit jaded after race 1 where I was pushed out twice with no redressing.
All I can say now is ... sorry mate.

Yeah, as I was on the inside my line just didn't allow any more speed considering my maybe not so great driving skills ;-) I watched the replay and because of the better line you're on and on top of that your shortcut through the green there's excess speed on your side of course.
I can understand what you say about redressing...dunno, may have done the same. The decision has to be made quickly and a 'f** it...others don't give a sh** so why should I?' popping up in a situation like that is understandable I guess.
My season is screwed so far anyway...starting the first race of the night from the very end doesn't really get me a lot of points :(

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2019, 11:02:48 PM »
My season is screwed so far anyway...starting the first race of the night from the very end doesn't really get me a lot of points :(
But it does give you cash . . :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2019, 07:42:43 AM »
Thanks Russ for turning me around in race 3...you could/should have redressed...you know that, don't you?
Hi killa,
Just watched the replay and I'll put my hand up for that.
My only excuse is that I was in a really hot battle with Joe and wasn't expecting your lunge up the inside (which was fine), but I guess I wasn't expecting you to be as slow out of the turn ....
As for redressing, I normally do it, but maybe I was a bit jaded after race 1 where I was pushed out twice with no redressing.
All I can say now is ... sorry mate.

'f** it...others don't give a sh** so why should I?'
I'm just taking that phrase out of the middle of your quote there. In general, that attitude is cancerous to league racing. If anyone wants to race like that, go race on public servers.

People are expected to redress if they know they've screwed up, as a courtesy, but only if it's safe to do so. Don't go causing more accidents with an unexpected slowdown that catches people out! It's a snap judgement call - if you're not sure who's fault it was, you don't have to redress.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2019, 08:53:11 AM »
Haha...was actually hoping to be able to get into the Abarth for the next race, but figured last night I'm still way off. So I'll have to stick with the Nissan for a while, which is probably what Wally has in his garage judging by the way he performs :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2019, 10:07:32 AM »
Haha...was actually hoping to be able to get into the Abarth for the next race, but figured last night I'm still way off. So I'll have to stick with the Nissan for a while, which is probably what Wally has in his garage judging by the way he performs :)
I'm not sure yet. I might try to build up a little cash for future rounds.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2019, 02:09:13 PM »
Given the size of the field and everyone turned up, coming last gets you around 3000 so I am wondering if we need to up the money a bit!

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2019, 02:42:27 PM »
I'm loving the Nissan to be honest don't see any reason to change unless I can't keep up.

My night was much better than last week blowing the engine in 2 of the 3 races... Race 1 holding Wally off for a few laps until his battle with Phil where I could pull ahead. Race 2 Wally much more confident on cold tyres and passed me and that was that, then Phil got me eventually. Race 3 much the same as race 2 with Wally already ahead and a few laps of good pressure from Russ.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2019, 03:41:54 PM »
Given the size of the field and everyone turned up, coming last gets you around 3000 so I am wondering if we need to up the money a bit!
Maybe... there's still 5 rounds to go, and I didn't want people to get too much money too fast. The point is not to "make money", but to let the slower guys afford faster cars.

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2019, 07:25:45 PM »
I thought you wouldn't have made any extra money being at the very top end of the field, but, anyway, you got me wrong, I was just thinking you drive this thing for real.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2019, 07:29:04 PM »
I thought you wouldn't have made any extra money being at the very top end of the field, but, anyway, you got me wrong, I was just thinking you drive this thing for real.
Gotcha :)I wish.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal