Xtreme Gaming Network

S21R6: VIR Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S21R6: VIR Post-Race Chat  (Read 13069 times)

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S21R6: VIR Post-Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2018, 08:26:40 AM »
Back home from night shift two days early because of my grandmothers passing the night before. Good news though I got to attend another race with you guys. So no practice except for on the night, feeling a bit trashed from travelling all day and my mind not being in the best condition I still felt I needed to get on with it. Last time I drove this track was probably about 8-9 years ago when I tried out iracing.
I got about 30 or so laps in practice but couldn't seem to get any faster than a 1:45, qualifying was the same and got in 16th for race 1.
R1. Steady cautious out of the gate making a couple of spots when others had incidents, meant (I think) I had an angry pack behind me. Tried to keep composure but a lot of pressure from Shayne (being hunter) I somehow managed to hold him off for 8th.
R2. Felt much more composed (except for a couple slide/drifts around the back section), right on Shaynes rear with ab156 on mine, my crew chief suggested I make my car as wide as possible. Mistake, I got my left rear on the grass in the braking zone coming through the back dipper and put me into a four wheel sideways drift collecting Shayne in the process (sorry mate).
Over all the round felt like a disappointment for me although still good fun as usual. Others mentioned stuttering, I had it too but minor, during practice when people were connecting to discord were the biggest ones. Also my crew chief deserted me (crashed or something) sometime during the second race. Still good fun thanks to all

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2018, 09:18:48 AM »
That's interesting that your CrewChief crashed, because Rob's did too. I wonder if it's somehow track related.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2018, 10:05:44 AM »
Qually: I thought I had more in it but just couldn't put the lap together. Still quite happy with 6th - except that Keith was 5th  :P

R1: Got away with the pack and looked like everyone kept in their lanes through T1 & T2. After T3 Keith got on the grass which allowed me to get beside him at T4a. T4b I think I left him too much room  :-\. Got partly beside him again for T5a but Keith ran me out of road and onto the grass - as he was entitled to do. This let Jeremy get a better run to T6a and there was contact at T6b. I followed Keith & Jeremy for a few laps until I had a big "Crewchief has stopped working" Windows error in the middle of the screen".  Dropped back while fixing it, but still kept my place. Head down, Keith went off somewhere and I pulled Jeremy back in, then pressured him for some laps until he made a mistake.
At this point cruising for a nice 4th, then suddenly Matthew and grat were not far in front of me. They were squabbling over position and I hauled them in. On the last lap grat ran into the back of Matthew at T10 (fast left at top of hill), putting him sideways and torpedoing me. Keith came around next and T-boned me at full pace. Car totally wrecked I limped it home in 11th.

R2: Battling from 11th with the 3rd highest restrictor was never going to be easy. Looked like a nice clean start and we fell into line. At T14, Matthew and grat were recovering from an incident, Matthew joined in front of me and grat behind. Next lap, Matthew got up the inside of ab156 at T13 and grat was threatening me. As I was braking I felt in danger of contact with ab156 and pulled back to the right a bit, got the right tyres on the grass and got spat back across the track into grat (sorry grat :( ).
Rejoined in 16th a long way behind. Made a pass on Dave O - good racing Dave, side by side through about 3 turns without a touch  :D picked up a couple more places as people went off.  Hauled in the Freezer, Shayne, Mael train, then Shayne generously gave up places due to his warping. Ran out of laps to mount a serious challenge on Mael finishing 10th.

The pace was there for good points but the motor racing gods were against me :o That's my story anyway  ;D
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2018, 11:44:05 AM »
Back home from night shift two days early because of my grandmothers passing the night before. Good news though I got to attend another race with you guys. So no practice except for on the night, feeling a bit trashed from travelling all day and my mind not being in the best condition I still felt I needed to get on with it. Last time I drove this track was probably about 8-9 years ago when I tried out iracing.
I got about 30 or so laps in practice but couldn't seem to get any faster than a 1:45, qualifying was the same and got in 16th for race 1.
R1. Steady cautious out of the gate making a couple of spots when others had incidents, meant (I think) I had an angry pack behind me. Tried to keep composure but a lot of pressure from Shayne (being hunter) I somehow managed to hold him off for 8th.
R2. Felt much more composed (except for a couple slide/drifts around the back section), right on Shaynes rear with ab156 on mine, my crew chief suggested I make my car as wide as possible. Mistake, I got my left rear on the grass in the braking zone coming through the back dipper and put me into a four wheel sideways drift collecting Shayne in the process (sorry mate).
Over all the round felt like a disappointment for me although still good fun as usual. Others mentioned stuttering, I had it too but minor, during practice when people were connecting to discord were the biggest ones. Also my crew chief deserted me (crashed or something) sometime during the second race. Still good fun thanks to all

I am sorry about the lose of your Grandma
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 12:58:33 PM by Phil.8 »
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2018, 11:57:33 AM »
That's interesting that your CrewChief crashed, because Rob's did too. I wonder if it's somehow track related.
Got a feeling it could be, haven't had any issues like that in while. I think discord updated beforehand, crew chief had a sound file update and steam mentioned something about an update as content manager opened ac. So could be anything really, see what happens at a different track I suppose.

I am sorry about the lose or your Grandma
Thank you

Offline Dave O

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2018, 01:03:12 PM »

It's the balloons.... crew chief couldn't spot the cars  ;D ;D lol.
NEVER TOO OLD TO RACE ... being competitive can be a PROBLEM though.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2018, 06:50:15 PM »
After all my moaning about being off the pace in practice, I managed my best result in race 2 - a 5th.

Race 1 was pretty intense, defensively. I managed to put an opening lap pass on Mael in the esses, but after that I couldn't really challenge Russ and Keith in front of me, who slowly pulled out an unassailable lead, but I had ab156 on my hammer the whole race, keeping the pressure on me. I eventually had an oversteer moment which let AB past, but a couple of laps later he made a mistake of his own and I could get my spot back. I hung on despite a couple of enthusiastic "hurry up" taps from AB that gave me more tankslapper practice ;)

Race 2 I was pretty much sandwiched between Keith in front (who was battling hard with Jeremy), and Shayne then Matthew behind me. Less than a second gap front and back, which was pretty intense, and some good tight racing, with zero contacts for me.

You have improved a lot wally!  Nice!!!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2018, 08:00:32 AM »
After all my moaning about being off the pace in practice, I managed my best result in race 2 - a 5th.

Race 1 was pretty intense, defensively. I managed to put an opening lap pass on Mael in the esses, but after that I couldn't really challenge Russ and Keith in front of me, who slowly pulled out an unassailable lead, but I had ab156 on my hammer the whole race, keeping the pressure on me. I eventually had an oversteer moment which let AB past, but a couple of laps later he made a mistake of his own and I could get my spot back. I hung on despite a couple of enthusiastic "hurry up" taps from AB that gave me more tankslapper practice ;)

Race 2 I was pretty much sandwiched between Keith in front (who was battling hard with Jeremy), and Shayne then Matthew behind me. Less than a second gap front and back, which was pretty intense, and some good tight racing, with zero contacts for me.

Cheers Simone. Liking the car helps ;)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2018, 08:56:50 AM »

Or did you just get a lot worse Simone  ;D

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2018, 08:22:08 PM »
Qual was decent, happy with the lap

Race was interesting lol, kcender got the run on me on the exit of t1 and got the lead and i settled in behind him trying to get a groove for the race but then grat caught me and i got involved in the most intense bumper on bumper, door on door battle ever lol i know i had a lag issue a few races a go but that was due to my sister jumping on netflix and i could clearly see the effects when she jumped on my ping would go to 300 and people would fly everywhere but she has since been banned from it so that isnt a issue anymore, the slow warp is a thing i have seen in ac for a while where cars would slightly float on a straight and its not just me i have seen vids etc so thats something i have always accounted for when racing online in ac and it hasnt bothered me much, my ping was always in the teens last night, to be honest though a lot of the contacts i got i felt was from grat being a tad aggressive and were avoidable lag or no lag wouldnt have made a difference, such as the initial hit in the rear at the top of the hill coming into the fast left no idea how i managed to keep it on the road lol, one hit put me in the wall and after that my car was rooted it had so much understeer and not much top end speed so a lot of the slowing down going up the hill which is normally flat out i was slowing down to negotiate it which could be seen as warping. It was a cool scrap though after surviving it lol and by the end pretty much from being put in the wall on i made it my mission to keep grat behind me for a brutal cship battle ;P

Race 2: I was just keen to not be in a belted car which didnt last long as grat had a moment going into the final set of turns being a bit ambitious on the cold tyre and sent me into the in field and straight into phils door sadly but i was happy to see he survived but im sure his car would have been shit, mine had bent steering and was a bit slow down the straights again so i had to limp it home but still had good pace sticking behind bueler before he went off and then wally but i couldnt do anything about him and it wasnt really worth it since grat dnf

You cant fight me that hard grat to then just quit come the last round lol
do you even motorsports?

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2018, 10:46:23 PM »
You cant fight me that hard grat to then just quit come the last round lol
Sorry Matthew. As you know, it has nothing to do with you (or anybody, really). But yes: I was really trying to make you sweat for the title ;)---and I am sure you know, but... I did wait and redress when the harder crash happened.

That said: I am perfectly aware that some slow warp happens. But I had fights with lots of people in these past years without so much of it. I am perfectly willing to think it was my impression or my imprecision more than any true issue, of course. Just wanted to let you know I was not trying to be overly aggressive. Just fight hard because it looked like the "decisive" race of the season and so it was worth making it an epic one.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal