Xtreme Gaming Network

Misano Race Chat

Author Topic: Misano Race Chat  (Read 21731 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Misano Race Chat
« on: October 01, 2013, 11:44:08 PM »
Note that there is a new track download for this race: http://www.mediafire.com/download/spxjcjhpd7irdpo/MisanoWorldCircuit.7z
This updated version of the track by Roberto has two variations, and we will be racing on both layouts (they are not very different). You'll also spot some XGN banners about the place that Roberto has placed in our version.

2 x 8 laps, no rank times.

Race 1 is on the Tracciato Corto (short) layout.
Race 2 is on the Tracciato Lungo (long) layout.

Weather Forecast
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 11:54:04 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Misano Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 01:13:26 PM »
Well after missing two rounds due to being busy I will be back for the next round.  Didn't know about the new web site so just been getting a 404 error on my usual link so thought there was a problem, but all sorted now.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 01:24:32 PM »
Welcome back  :)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Dave O

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 06:52:26 PM »
Nice jesture from the guys at Radiator Springs with this track  :) even has xgn's web and league details on pit box wall.

Thanks, well done.   Cheers Dave. O.
NEVER TOO OLD TO RACE ... being competitive can be a PROBLEM though.

Offline Mopz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 08:18:59 PM »
Yeah it does look nice, was that a special XGN version of the track just for us? Or is that how its been released?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 10:02:48 PM »
It's an XGN special just for us.  I made up the banner graphic for him to include.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2013, 07:19:03 PM »
It would be nice if he kept at least one pit box 'XGNed' in the public release. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2013, 10:13:13 PM »
A couple of things:

Server is up for ballast practice.

Regarding cutting rules, always keep at least your inside (track-side) two wheels on the ripple strips. Don't go fully outside any ripple strips.

PS. Keep your eye on the forecast for Tuesday. At this stage, it's looking like it might be raining.

Offline foyol

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2013, 06:23:53 AM »
It would be nice if he kept at least one pit box 'XGNed' in the public release. ;)
Hi everyone, Roberto here.
Yes, the "normal" Misano has a serie of 3 box panels, repeating 5 times:
- LRed Scuderia (my team, managed by Laurent Resende, a 63 old french man that became one of the best friends I ever had)
- Kunosim (the server run by Jorge Alves, a friend with a true passion for Vintage)
- XGN.
I choosed to promote Xgn for the little I can, because it seems to me that you all are a very nice racing community for netKar. I would have liked to join you and race together, but beneath my weird sleeping habits, Australian and Italian times are a bit too far to match.
So I asked Wally if it was ok to put some Xgn banner in the track, and he was so kind to send me a picture to insert.

As for the cutting rules: as in real life, main track road has a grip, runoff areas and plastic grass have another. I got the (hopefully) correct values by Toni Rubiejo, a professional driver in real life. He told that plastic grass is "like water" (meaning like driving under rain), so I set every artificial grass pad to a grip of 70%.
Same value for the asphalt runoff areas: there you will find (in real life) a lot of dirt, and the grip - he told me - is really poor.
In the end the grip values are:
- 100% for the road and the curbs
- 70% for artificial grass
- 70% for dirt runoff roads
Remember that these values apply even with rain, so in case of a wet race it will be even more important to keep the car on track.
Hope you all will have fun, thanks for the passion you put into netKar :)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 06:25:39 AM by foyol »
Roberto Olivetti

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2013, 06:57:24 AM »
Excellent work Roberto.
Sometimes it almost feels as if you do race with us, at least on the rank site (I always think I'm doing good until you put a lap in :P)

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2013, 08:04:14 AM »
Thanks for the explanation Roberto.

Offline Mopz

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2013, 05:39:51 PM »
Nice Track Roberto, you've done well!! What sort of times have you done around here in the 1600? Would love to have a look at your setup for this track as well if you don't mind sharing...

Offline Vipergod

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2013, 06:23:07 PM »
Cheers M8
It's always good to hear from aliens  ;D
Would be cool to have you in a race. You helped me in practice once, got me a little faster. But to race you would fun

Offline foyol

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2013, 09:40:13 AM »
Nice Track Roberto, you've done well!! What sort of times have you done around here in the 1600? Would love to have a look at your setup for this track as well if you don't mind sharing...
I didn't try to hotlap, but I made many laps to check bugs and so on. Up to now I see a 1:57.4 in the long layout, 1:54.7 in the Short.
I guess these are not so good laps, but for now they are the best I did :)
As for the setup: I usually start from 2 base setup: I try some laps, I choose which one, then I tune it for the track.
One of the two has been shared with me by gek, and it's his set for Prato, but I don't feel as I can share it.
The other base setup is the "bier prato 4" by Arne Krabbenhoeft, you can download it from the rank.
They really give different results based on the track you use it: same driving technique in Prato: low 43 with gek setup, hi 43 with Arne's.
Aosta GSport: mid 39 with gek's, mid 38 with Arne's.

Cheers M8
It's always good to hear from aliens  ;D
Would be cool to have you in a race. You helped me in practice once, got me a little faster. But to race you would fun
Not an alien at all!! In real ife you would hardly see my car in your mirrors. I am a simulated fast driver :)

As for driving this F1600: most of the time I start improving and cutting tenths when I stop forcing.
With such a low grip, every slide during acceleration takes power away from the road. You guess to be fast because you hear the engine working happily, but power isn't trasmissed to ground. Reducing the slides (even waiting to full throttle that the car is perfectly straight, or anticipating brakes to have a smooth turn, or using a gear apparently too long) will make you feel like you are slow, but chrono will keep getting better and better.
Roberto Olivetti

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2013, 12:41:51 PM »
That's an interesting tip about the sliding. I do tend to slide a lot. I might try your technique.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal