Xtreme Gaming Network

S6R1: Nurburgring Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S6R1: Nurburgring Post-Race Chat  (Read 24485 times)

Offline Jeremy

• View Profile
Re: S6R1: Nurburgring Post-Race Chat
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2015, 02:04:28 PM »
Race 1: Got off the line with an awesome start which saw me go from 3rd on the grid to almost taking the lead going into T1, I settled into a nice little grove following wobblyone his car was a lot stronger on cold tyres than mine and pulled a little bit of a gap but within 4 laps i had cut that down to a few tenths and the race for the lead was on! unfortunately for me it only lasted the better part of half a lap as I made a slight error and sent the alpha side ways and onto the grass. There goes any chance of first position as wobblyone skipped a way to a nice 6sec lead and I just kept the car on the road for a solid 2nd place

Race 2: Once again nailed the start and lead into T1 but once again Wobblyone had better pace than me early on and it wasnt long until he made a bold but fair move and picked me off. Knowing it  was early days and having confidence that I will pull the gap down i just kept punching out time consistent lap times 5 laps latter i was on the back of P1 and kept pushing my car was really strong and decided to make a move and go for the lead... well the pass lasted for a while as we were side by side for a few corners I eventually came out in front and controlled the race and took my first victory.

Race 3: Well race 3 was boring haha I lead from the start, had a little bit of pressure from wobblyone until he made a mistake and spun which left me by my lonesome self. Car was a rocket and kept setting really good laps came across the line with a 15sec lead and another win.

Overall a very successful weekend for myself a second place and two wins with the bonus of two fastest laps I cant really complain, Its good to be back league racing and racing some quality drivers! See you all next Week!!

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2015, 02:13:21 PM »
Yea was some great driving by you Jeremy...grats :) I enjoyed our side by side battle for the next inside line lol..wish I'd had replays...I kinda took a compromise with setup to gain early grip as the levels were down...hoping I'd pull enough of a gap in the early stages to hold on to the end...nearly worked lol.  Was struglling in later stages with over heating tyres but same as u enjoyed my return to league racing after a few years off...I'm not feeling to confident with silver stone tho...hate the place lol

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2015, 02:21:08 PM »
Just a thought...what about a overall championship and a non dtm championship in one series...it's still early days and would make things more interesting for the guys in the slower cars...just a thought..opinions?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2015, 05:08:12 PM »
Just a thought...what about a overall championship and a non dtm championship in one series...it's still early days and would make things more interesting for the guys in the slower cars...just a thought..opinions?

Too complicated. If anyone feels hard done by in a slower car, they can always change at the midway point.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2015, 05:29:53 PM »
True :)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2015, 08:15:52 PM »

Too complicated. If anyone feels hard done by in a slower car, they can always change at the midway point.

Also if someone thinks they are getting it too easy in an Alfa they can always get themselves a slower car mid season.  ;)

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2015, 08:43:50 PM »
Lol...just think the speed difference is a little unfair I'll shut up now sorry

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2015, 06:57:13 PM »
i have all 3 replays in ultra and if I can muster enough concentration I'll try and making 3 race vids, no promises.. will see how I go.  Been many many years since I made any.

thanks for a good start the season Wally and others.
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2015, 07:08:38 PM »
Nice one Dezza :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2015, 08:20:04 PM »
i have all 3 replays in ultra and if I can muster enough concentration I'll try and making 3 race vids, no promises.. will see how I go.  Been many many years since I made any.

thanks for a good start the season Wally and others.

That would be great. I'd love to see some highlights videos. It's good promotional material too.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2015, 08:55:00 PM »
Yes great idea...I think race department used to run a race highlights video with commentary like the real thing...always thought that was awesome to watch.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2015, 03:59:13 PM »
Naked and bare foot here..but I do live in the bush and talk to myself quite often ;)
Wobblyone, do you remember Glen73?  I think you do.... you both race in the same apparel, ask BJSRacer!

"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2015, 05:28:33 PM »
Naked and bare foot here..but I do live in the bush and talk to myself quite often ;)
Wobblyone, do you remember Glen73?  I think you do.... you both race in the same apparel, ask BJSRacer!

Ha ha yes I remember...u didn't used to be in SJ did u flat top?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal