Xtreme Gaming Network

Thursday league Next season Ideas and Testing

Author Topic: Thursday league Next season Ideas and Testing  (Read 49465 times)

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
Re: Thursday league Next season Ideas and Testing
« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2016, 12:29:13 PM »
Do we want anything on the server for testing
Could you please put up Porsche 911 R , Lotus 2 Eleven and the Cobra on a track of your choice. Thanks Phil.
Can Wally do tricks in those cars???? ??? ???
Of course, Wally is part of the code of AC, his heart beats at min 60 beats/sec (HPS),  and his thoughts run at bus speed!
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #61 on: December 31, 2016, 12:31:31 PM »
Be aware of the chicane at the end of the lap before the start/finish straight. If you go off the track to the left you fall into a hole and have to force quit the game. Did it a few times learning the track and twice again today when pushing it.

I can see a few quitting then..

incorrect, only you

Lucky, I hate invisible holes/walls.  After a week of 4hrs per night of sleep I wasn't up to racing, had too many other things to deal with so didn't want to jeopardise anyones race with a careless mistake. Hope to get my new joystick Monday and then I won't have to fight the steering to keep the car on the track as it currently decides to steer to the left or right on its own randomly.
Which joystick?

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2016, 12:33:14 PM »
Car combo looks good.

Online rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 31, 2016, 02:45:42 PM »
I just tried the 911 RSR 3.0 and was withing a tenth of my time in the Cobra, this also being an old car probably fits better with the Thursdays spirit. There may be another of the older cars that could be close to these two cars, I will test a couple more and see if I can find some that match up ok.
Thanks Marty.
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2016, 04:39:59 PM »

Which joystick?

The Saitek Cyborg and it should be here hopefully monday or tuesday.

currently using the Logitech extreme 3d pro and it's just loose in the center now, so the steering in game has a spaz and im driving what feels like a damaged car that wants to drive to the right.

--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2016, 05:02:49 PM »
I just tried the 911 RSR 3.0 and was withing a tenth of my time in the Cobra, this also being an old car probably fits better with the Thursdays spirit. There may be another of the older cars that could be close to these two cars, I will test a couple more and see if I can find some that match up ok.

BMW E30 Grp A ?

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #66 on: January 01, 2017, 11:04:52 AM »
the new is amazing, they way they have styled the unit and maintained the functionality. It looks like something crossed between "Alien" and a scorpion!
I have one of your older types, I tried using it in a flying sim, but was useless, never thought to drive a sim with it, I am impressed with your skill.
Looks like your going to be that bit harder to beat in the new year.

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 01, 2017, 09:28:24 PM »
the new is amazing, they way they have styled the unit and maintained the functionality. It looks like something crossed between "Alien" and a scorpion!
I have one of your older types, I tried using it in a flying sim, but was useless, never thought to drive a sim with it, I am impressed with your skill.
Looks like your going to be that bit harder to beat in the new year.

I've had a saitek cyborg before, not this version. I ended up breaking the plastic ring at the base where the stick goes into the base due to the amount of force I give it wil racing lol.. so they don't last too long with me :)  Saiteks are a lil better made than the dogitechs.

Once I can come to terms with the tyre temps and driving cars with different cambers and still making the corners I should improve and be a lil more competitive.  It's been a long time since I really did any serious racing ( not since GTR2).  When I get the new joystick I'll film how I have to drive so you guys get an idea what it's like compared to your wheels.

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 01, 2017, 09:55:35 PM »

BMW E30 Grp A ?

It's a bit of an anachronism compared to the other two which means while they may be close together in default setup they can often be tuned to be a lot better in my experience. Happy to be proven wrong though.

Offline gawaterman

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 01, 2017, 11:09:51 PM »
When I get the new joystick I'll film how I have to drive so you guys get an idea what it's like compared to your wheels.

Any reason you don't use a wheel?

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 01, 2017, 11:17:20 PM »

physical disability unfortunately does not allow me to, fused hips, fused spine and im stuck leaning forward. I did try a G25 years ago when I had more movement. I was 2 second slower with it over joystick because I couldnt right or left foot brake or clutch, I just wasn't stable.  I have major movement loss since the years of GTL and GTR2. You will see in the video how I'm stuck in position to use the joystick next week.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 02, 2017, 11:44:12 AM »

BMW E30 Grp A ?

Didnt test it yet but it runs very different tyres so not really a great mix. I checked some times on RSR and it seems considerably quicker on softs. One car that may be close but untested is the tuned rx7. Its not as old as the Cobra and 911 rsr but its not exactly modern either.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 12:50:32 AM by marty »

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #72 on: January 02, 2017, 08:58:56 PM »
That makes sense, glad your an adaptable person and your able to maintain your interests.
I know the racing has been a great pastime for me for a long time, but now it is more important to me to keep "active/interested" and pleased you it is a good part of your activity.

MG

« Reply #73 on: January 03, 2017, 08:08:21 AM »

physical disability unfortunately does not allow me to, fused hips, fused spine and im stuck leaning forward. I did try a G25 years ago when I had more movement. I was 2 second slower with it over joystick because I couldnt right or left foot brake or clutch, I just wasn't stable.  I have major movement loss since the years of GTL and GTR2. You will see in the video how I'm stuck in position to use the joystick next week.
Good on you for not giving up mate, great stuff 😉.

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 03, 2017, 04:31:46 PM »
When you have a disability you learn to be adaptable or you miss out. And I don't give up too easily. I can come across as a big negative but I still persist through it and sometimes do quite well, sometimes I don't.  But really not much different than anyone else.

I used to be a hard man to pass on some of the tighter circuits, that's slowly coming back to me as I get better at setting up the car in Assetto for the joystick. It's definitely a tad harder than it was in GTL/GTR2.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal