Xtreme Gaming Network

Thursday league Next season Ideas and Testing

Author Topic: Thursday league Next season Ideas and Testing  (Read 49506 times)

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
Re: Thursday league Next season Ideas and Testing
« Reply #75 on: January 04, 2017, 10:32:16 PM »
Hope no one minds but i added 2 different cars to the server,  i suggest the rx7 and lotus myself for fun :)

also this could be the answer to my Thursday night handicapping dilemma, would it be possible Wally, or is it a lot of setting up that's beyond me :0 

http://xgn.com.au/index.php?topic=1744.msg33013;topicseen#new
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 05, 2017, 07:33:20 AM »
Hope no one minds but i added 2 different cars to the server,  i suggest the rx7 and lotus myself for fun :)

also this could be the answer to my Thursday night handicapping dilemma, would it be possible Wally, or is it a lot of setting up that's beyond me :0 

http://xgn.com.au/index.php?topic=1744.msg33013;topicseen#new

I can tell you what's involved, and you can judge yourself. It's not too hard really. You just drop a few files in, start the server from a new program, set pit delays in a separate cfg file similar to entry_list.ini (actually, I just had a thought - I could just use the entry_list.ini). I'll send you something in the next few days.

P.S. I won't be able to make it tonight (maybe for one of the last races).
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 05, 2017, 09:11:36 AM »
no hurry, thanks a lot

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 05, 2017, 09:31:55 PM »
Time to let me know what cars you all like to race at the following tracks and any others that would be cool in a season and I will start a poll

Zolder 66
Monza 66
Hockenheim 60's
Silverstone 67
Zandvort
Monaco
Bruno(there is a good version available from http://www.triple7racing.net/downloads/ac-tracks-downloads/) but you have to join.
Longford 67

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 05, 2017, 09:44:55 PM »
I liked the lotus and the mazda
 Mazda was more of a challenge and a bit slower. How many do you want in the season?

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2017, 10:32:23 PM »
Not sure about the others, but just be aware with the 60s Hockenheimring, the pits don't seem to work (a few mates of mine and I did a race on it last night)

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 06, 2017, 06:30:49 AM »
Time to let me know what cars you all like to race at the following tracks and any others that would be cool in a season and I will start a poll

Zolder 66
Monza 66
Hockenheim 60's
Silverstone 67
Zandvort
Monaco
Bruno(there is a good version available from http://www.triple7racing.net/downloads/ac-tracks-downloads/) but you have to join.
Longford 67
Sorry to throw a spanner in the works, but this list of tracks was chosen with the Ruf, F40 ,908 and GT40 in mind.
If we go to a selection of cars like we drove last night I think we need to come up with a new selection of tracks.
I do not mind doing so and people can suggest a track  they like, more suitable to Rx7, Lotus 2 Eleven etc.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 09:51:36 AM by rooshooter »
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 06, 2017, 06:49:07 AM »
 Mazda was more of a challenge and a bit slower. How many do you want in the season?
We could add the Merc 190E Evo to the mix with 2.7kg/hp is very close to the Rx7 and Lotus 2 Eleven and very nice to drive.

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 06, 2017, 06:54:17 AM »
Not sure about the others, but just be aware with the 60s Hockenheimring, the pits don't seem to work (a few mates of mine and I did a race on it last night)
Was this track "too hard" AJ, with very high speeds and NO brake markers, it still could be used as a warmup to a season with no handicapping
taking place , do you think? I just find it a very atmospheric track for the time.

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 06, 2017, 08:23:02 AM »
I love the track myself. No brake markers does make it a bit tricky but there are some visual elements that you can use to work out where to brake, like people on the side of the track, the end of tree lines, etc.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 06, 2017, 09:09:48 AM »
We could add the Merc 190E Evo to the mix with 2.7kg/hp is very close to the Rx7 and Lotus 2 Eleven and very nice to drive.

The differenece with the 190e same as Alfa dtm and M3 e30 dtm is they run full slicks. This means they will be fairly sifferent pace per compound and over longer races may fall away.

Regarding track I think its as it was when they raced there as Lilski does put in lots of effort to recreate tracks accurate to the period they raced there. The track needs a few laps to get the feel for it but I think finding markers isnt so hard. Its generaly a crest or one of the many objects on the side of the road.

Trickiest part of the track there is it will punish driving off the road, it doesnt need plp or other things to punish track limits abuse.

The closest match to the lotus 2 eleven is generally the ktm xbow. Its a bit trickier to drive as it has no ABS but other then that they are kind of similar.

Here are the laptumes from the server to gove people a look that didnt check it ingame with ptracker.

http://52.65.162.16:50041/lapstat?currservers=XGN%20Thursdays

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 06, 2017, 10:23:19 AM »

Zolder 66
Monza 66
Hockenheim 60's
Silverstone 67
Zandvort
Monaco
Longford 67
Sorry to throw a spanner in the works, but this list of tracks was chosen with the Ruf, F40 ,908 and GT40 in mind.
If we go to a selection of cars like we drove last night I think we need to come up with a new selection of tracks.
I do not mind doing so and people can suggest a track  they like, more suitable to Rx7, Lotus 2 Eleven etc.

That's what I thought the car choices were until they all got swapped up. I'm happy either way.

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 06, 2017, 10:32:25 AM »

Zolder 66
Monza 66
Hockenheim 60's
Silverstone 67
Zandvort
Monaco
Longford 67

doesn't worry me

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 06, 2017, 10:34:41 AM »
I am just trying to get a list of cars for a poll and a list of tracks we could use :)

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 06, 2017, 10:41:35 AM »

Zolder 66
Monza 66
Hockenheim 60's
Silverstone 67
Zandvort
Monaco
Longford 67
Ford GT40 for rooshooter.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal