Xtreme Gaming Network

S20R7: Laguna Seca Post Race

Author Topic: S20R7: Laguna Seca Post Race  (Read 18526 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S20R7: Laguna Seca Post Race
« on: February 06, 2018, 06:17:58 PM »
RACE 1 RESULTS
RACE 2 RESULTS
RACE 3 RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS
SEASON STATS

Round Points
Kcender87   138
Matthew111   110
Grat   99
killagorilla   91
Wally   78
Phil.8   71
buellersdayoff   70
Bacchulum   69
Simone   69
Freezer   66
Shayne   64
Mael   63
RussG   62
ab156   52
Phil   51
Rob   45
Dave O   43
JamieP   36
Gratulin   29

Congratulations to Kcender87 on pole, all 3 race wins and the round win!

Penalties
Race 1
Killagorilla did a deep pass on Shayne, and ran wide clipping Shayne – an incident (just).
Simone turned into Phil, but Phil was side-by-side and a little bit back – incident.

Race 2
Similar to race 1, but with roles reversed – RussG had a side-by-side incident.
A bit of a chain collision – Phil.8 bumped Killagorilla into Freezer into the corkscrew, which eventually sent Freezer of track, but maybe not directly as a result of the collision – incident (just).

Race 3
None.

Season Podium
Congratulation to season 20 champion, Kcender87, in his inaugural championship win.
Kcender was on top of the standings for the entire round - an outstanding result.

Congratulations also to Matthew.111 and Killagorilla for 2nd and 3rd places in the final championship standings.

1. Kcender87, 695 pts
2. Matthew.111, 609
3. Killagorilla, 572

In the teams standings, the clear winners were Krahl Racing (Phil.8 and Joe) with an emphatic victory.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 11:13:18 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S20R7: Laguna Seca Post Race
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 07:18:46 PM »
Race server broke Tyre Pressure Engineer. >:(
Works on the practice server but disappears on the race server.
I think that's the log you use.

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 08:42:59 PM »
Nothing in that log - give me log.txt as well.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 10:01:48 PM »
sorry gratulin. did my best, but obviously was subpar. :(

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 11:00:06 PM »
Nothing in that log - give me log.txt as well.
;)

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2018, 11:13:47 PM »
Results are up in the 1st post. Congratulations to Kcender87 for the championship victory.

Offline ab156

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2018, 11:14:46 PM »
Awesome nights racing, thanks to everyone around in all three races.  Never liked Laguna Seca but the racing tonight was epic. 

The first race was the hardest battle for ...... second last ...... ever.  And that was on pure pace  ::)

The second race I decided to just throw away first place with a decent gap, just because I am a nice guy.

Third race was spent waiting for Simone to get to Wally and take each other out, never happened but had a great run anyway.  Didn't really appreciate the "forceful" move from grat but no harm, not foul.

Ended up with second last, 11th (beaten to 10th by RussG by about 2 inches) and a 6th.  Slow learner...

Have had some great racing in this series, close battles encouraged by the type of car.  Hope next season is just as good.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2018, 11:24:21 PM »
And here are some post-season stats:

Most Wins: Kcender87, 9
Most Podiums: Kcender87, 13
Best Average Finish: Kcender87, 4.3
Most Poles: Phil.8, 3
Most Fastest Laps: Matthew.111, 7
Most Consistent: Kcender87, 8
Hunter: Phil.8 and Shayne, 3
Hunted: Joe, 4
Busiest: buellersdayoff, 3
Loneliest: Dave O, 3

I just had a look at the all-time stats. Kcender87 has now taken the all-time most consistent award, being the most consistent in 20.9% of the races he's been in.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 11:27:42 PM by Wally »

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2018, 11:49:10 PM »
Congrads  to Kcender, being to most consistent in 21% of entered races are almost GB like  ;D

Had some good racing, Matthew gave me a lesson in defensive driving in race 1,  Russ doing the same in race 3, couple of great moves Russ. Race 3 ended with a hail mary dive at the last corner to pass Bacchulum, unfortunately the contact with Bacchulum was a bit too hard to make it a fair pass so had to let him take the position back  :P   Race 2 ended in a temper tantrum quit to the pits, felt that Grat pushed me off the road, not that it would have mattered as AC disconnected not long after.

Overall not a good race for Maki Engineering, onward to season 21 Freezer!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 11:51:13 PM by Mael »

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2018, 12:13:40 AM »
Congrads  to Kcender, being to most consistent in 21% of entered races are almost GB like  ;D

Had some good racing, Matthew gave me a lesson in defensive driving in race 1,  Russ doing the same in race 3, couple of great moves Russ. Race 3 ended with a hail mary dive at the last corner to pass Bacchulum, unfortunately the contact with Bacchulum was a bit too hard to make it a fair pass so had to let him take the position back  :P   Race 2 ended in a temper tantrum quit to the pits, felt that Grat pushed me off the road, not that it would have mattered as AC disconnected not long after.

Overall not a good race for Maki Engineering, onward to season 21 Freezer!
Looks like my race 2 was much more eventful than I thought. :( Unfortunately for some reason I do not have a replay for that race, nor I can remember the episode. If you manage to have a pick, please let me know. Otherwise (or in any case) sorry.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2018, 08:04:38 AM »
It was good racing last night. In race 1 I wasn't really chasing anyone, but I had Simone 0.5 secs off my ass for the whole race. It's always a pleasure to finish in front of Simone.

Race 2 was some nice close racing with the likes of killagorilla, Bacchulum and Grat for a fair slab of the race, with a few position changes here and there. Again, finished one spot in front of Simone.

Race 3 went really well. I made it to 5th courtesy of offs from Phil and Buellersdayoff, and then eventually 4th after capitalising on a mistake from Bacchulum. From there, it was hard work to hold off the persistent Grat for a couple of laps, to finish 4th, my best result for the season.

I quite enjoyed the little Beemer. I like cars which are easy to drive, but can still get a little sideways if you mistreat them too much.

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2018, 08:49:46 AM »
Great race event and series, thanks Wally.
 Guys mentioning the hot medium tyres early on in the season, must have been a bug that was fixed in one of those small updates. Cooking tyres with normal racing didn't seem right, just my guess.
Q. failed to post my fastest practice time, wasn't carrying enough fuel for the session.
R1. Jump start...doh! Drive through, press on to try and make some ground, good clean racing no contacts.
R2. Even more good clean racing try to pass the same guys from r1. Got to the lead briefly but Kcender came storming through and I choked, set my fastest lap trying to follow but hit a sausage on the fast left after corkscrew, huge tank slap but held on for second.
R3. Running with Kcender and Matthew hoping to maintain 3rd but I put tyre into the sand out of turn 4 which kind of got caught on the curb or something, another major tank slap that was not so forgiving and nosed it into the wall. Crew chief said come on its only aero damage so I pressed on with cracked windows and shaking bonnet.
Absolutely awesome race session despite my mistakes, at least they weren't costly for others as they had been in the past. I've used crew chief this round and the last, I find it quite good especially in conjunction with helicorsa, except it gets busy when four wide like the beginning of race two at Okayama. I don't use it with the cobra, doesn't seem right for the era. I didn't bother with downloading opponents names as someone mentioned you hear the same names all the time. It's also funny when you get...for f**k sake, track limits.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 11:32:17 AM by buellersdayoff »

Offline kcender87

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2018, 02:06:05 PM »
Thanks for a great season guys and to Wally for keeping it all up and running and together each week!

The BM was good fun and kept things interesting - Wally do you want like direct deposit details for the prize money is it is like a cheque in the mail sorta thing?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2018, 04:59:12 PM »
Thanks for a great season guys and to Wally for keeping it all up and running and together each week!

The BM was good fun and kept things interesting - Wally do you want like direct deposit details for the prize money is it is like a cheque in the mail sorta thing?
What - your name on a virtual trophy isn't enough? :)

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2018, 06:48:34 PM »
Qualy was a bit average. I've done a few 1:33.7's and 8's before, but somehow I didn't get it right yesterday although I actually did have a pretty clear track...no one but myself to blame.

So after gaining a couple of positions I was following Mael and Matthew at a close distance, but there's no opportunity to overtake. It was a good race for me anyway.
Shayne, sorry about what I've done to you there. I've got no recollection about this and tried watching it on replay, but race 1 didn't get auto-saved...no idea what happened.

Race two was a lot of fun...plenty of position changes and generally pretty clean racing.
Freezer, guess you read Wally's post...sorry, but not my fault. Looking at the replay it does look like it was my impact which sent you off.
Phil.8, sorry I was involved in you going off again. You were upset and blaming me over the radio. However, looking at the replay I have to say again, pretty much 100% your fault.
After your tussle with Grat you were coming out of the right hander at the bottom of the hill a bit slowly so going up the hill I was slightly ahead of you before the left-hand turn, but I was braking a tad earlier and more not being on the race line and in order to give you space on the outside of the track (you're welcome). So space for you was there, but you didn't use it and went too far towards the apex where I was. Sorry, but I gotta ask the question, what do you want me to do in situations like that?
Worth watching the replay imo...ideally the one at Okayama as well.
However, we've had some good side by side racing before in this race...was fun even though I lost that one :-)

In race 3 I was by myself most of the time. Managed to overtake Bacchulum pretty early and built up a gap.
It was good racing and I'm happy as Larry about finishing the series on 3...of course I know I'm not the 3rd fastest...lucky I guess.
At the beginning I didn't get too excited about this BMW 235i, but it grew on me a bit...was a fun series.
Thanks everyone and Wally for organizing this so well.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 07:17:36 PM by killagorilla »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal