Xtreme Gaming Network

DLC fun run Mar 17: Alfa v Merc, Vette v Nismo

Author Topic: DLC fun run Mar 17: Alfa v Merc, Vette v Nismo  (Read 23855 times)

Offline Perch

• View Profile
Re: DLC fun run Mar 17: Alfa v Merc, Vette v Nismo
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2015, 10:33:41 AM »
Yes, 60.

Cheers, I didn't murder any gearboxes! I'll have to factor that into car choice as I didn't even last a flying lap at the trail last week :(

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2015, 10:47:14 AM »
Didn't join last night as still having random graphics freezes at least once a lap. Spent the evening trying to figure out why but still no joy. Starting to think its an AC thing.
If it is, you will be able to find people with the same problem. And maybe a solution too.

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2015, 10:51:55 AM »
but why no restart? Tried voting 3-4 times. Went and sulked :'(
Sorry Flattop, I wasn't aware of the extent of the carnage. I voted Y several times to the vote while driving.
I too was hammering my 'Y' button!!
I think Wally has trained us too well with the no restart policy, which works a treat as it settles the field down off the line (usually!!) as we try to be well behaved into the first corner. We just need to learn how to relax the policy on fun nights  :D
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 10:54:23 AM by StanDaam »

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2015, 10:58:53 AM »
but why no restart? Tried voting 3-4 times. Went and sulked :'(
Sorry Flattop, I wasn't aware of the extent of the carnage. I voted Y several times to the vote while driving.
I too was hammering my 'Y' button!!
I think Wally has trained us too well with the no restart policy, which works a treat as it settles the field down off the line (usually!!) as we try to be well behaved into the first corner. We just need to learn how to relax the policy on fun nights  :D
Maybe lower the vote quorum? I kept missing Y and running off the track looking for the key on my keyboard.

AND before anyone suggests it - I'm NOT mapping it to my wheel buttons. GB has enough trouble already with his wheel buttons  8)

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2015, 11:53:37 AM »
Great nights racing.
R1 Got a tap on lap 1 from Vipergod and bumped the fence which sent me flying through the air and landed about 1/2 km from the track (or at least thats how it felt).
R2 In the GTR I had good pace and qualified 2nd.  Had a great race with Matthew. Very close in the early stages then he got a small gap but toward the end I was back and challenging as I think his tyres were going.  However a clip of a kerb saw me do a 360 but recovered and Matthew kindly waited and we continued on.  Another lap or so and I snuck past and grabbed a gifted win!
R3 Back in the Merc I spent the early laps chasing a pack of Alfa's with Wally doing a lot of tail sliding amongst them.  Eventually the three of them had a coming together and all spun and I was through. Toward the end I caught Perch up the long straight and as we braked side by side into the right hander there was a touch and I was around.  Got going again with Wally chasing me down.  A small tail wag on the final lap was enough for his Alfa power to get buy and I got home 6th.

The Alfa has a bit of a power advantage on the Merc but I did find myself catching them through the mid part of the track on the bends and particularly under braking.

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2015, 12:47:29 PM »
The Alfa has a bit of a power advantage on the Merc but I did find myself catching them through the mid part of the track on the bends and particularly under braking.

Yeah I was the same, in the Merc following Jeremy (the jxerri version not the Perch version!) I think in an Alfa, at the mid speed corners it seemed like you could get the rear of the Merc turned around quicker and pointed in the right direction, than the Alfa (might have just been setup...)  :D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2015, 02:34:48 PM »
Was a fun nite racing again, race 1 in Merc I was just getting the hang of the track so not quite up to pace in qualy. Figured in the race id try hards and maybe by the time Id learn the track Id have the pace over the others. Off the line the Alfas all blew past me which was quite funny and I had no idea where to go as they swamped me maybe 4 or 5 wide at one point it seemed.

In the race I was just trying yo learn the line still and trying to avoid kerbs, I managed to get some spots back as others died ahead of me. The tyres were getting better as the race went on but a minor mistake with 2 much kerb in the first chicane so me nearly flip over and lose about 5 seconds ended up finishing 3rd.

Race 2 in GTR was more comfortable with the track and car, but the start cleaned up my car with suspension and aero damage after some car seemed to be stuck inside mine or maybe trying to mate with it.  ;D Went into the pits and surprised to get a pretty quick repair maybe 30 seconds or so. Came out and was just behind Perch then hunted him down for a few laps. Caught up to him but couldnt get by, found the place I had an advantage on him on the exit of the last turn and so tried a move there a few laps in a row. I got a very good run once and went inside of 1 side by side, I slightly lost the rear over bumps and he likely also lost it a little and it all ended in tears. Good fun racing.

Race 3 at Spa which I know quite well, took the Alfa after seeing the rocket it was off the line. Had pole and mostly Mercs around and so comfortably got a good start over them and pulled a bit of a lead. I then slowed to let perch by to see how the Merc and Alfa stack up over a normal racing lap. On faster corner entries I think the merc was a little better but not much and a little setup with Alfa would improve this I think. However out of the slow exits its in another class and out of the bus stop and turn 1 it would pull quite a few car lengths thanks to the AWD traction. I think any track with 1st and 2nd gear corners this would be pretty much unbeatable against the Merc and e30 DTM cars so if I was to pick one of these for a dtm season and wanted a chance at winning that would clearly be my choice. It does eat tyres a bit more then the merc did but chuck the hards on and it should be pretty good.

Track wise I think this is a pretty poor one, Ive mostly dirven nords lately and this track looks pretty crappy and has major issues with kerbs and walls it seems by the amount of cars I saw flying. I wouldnt want to race such tracks in a league race and think sticking to official or very good mod tracks is the best way to go. I really dont want to drive AC on tracks that are so sub par in nearly every aspect.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2015, 04:18:45 PM »
Didn't join last night as still having random graphics freezes at least once a lap. Spent the evening trying to figure out why but still no joy. Starting to think its an AC thing.

Have you experimented with vsync on and off, fps limit etc?

Yeah in the past I have. Last time it happened I turned off v-sync which pretty much stopped it, but I got fed up of the non-consistent fps and turned it back on, then it worked for a while without freezing.

I did some monitoring yesterday while it was happening and the GPU usage drops right down to zero during the freezing. Googling it a few people have similar issues and there was a whole range of things that seemed to fix it for people, so last night I flashed a new BIOS, removed the Geforce Experience app, removed all the MSI bloatware (which I needed to do anyway), reinstalled the old gfx driver from the MSI website and a few other things. Was gone midnight by then and still happening :(

Tonight I'll play around more with the video settings in AC. I'll also try turning on v-sync from the nvidia control panel instead of AC as I read somewhere people had a better experience doing it that way.

Just want to get it sorted before the season starts! Getting annoyed with freezes then being off the track, or worse a freeze and when the video comes back I've taken someone else out...

Offline Vipergod

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2015, 07:38:57 PM »
Sorry about that  Freezer, we barely rubbed panels
That map was BUGGY, R2 i ended up stuck ontop of the catch fence
Good fun though

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2015, 09:34:58 PM »