Xtreme Gaming Network

Spa Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: Spa Post-Race Chat  (Read 14423 times)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Spa Post-Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2015, 09:16:02 AM »
My PLP, during a race, constantly has "WARNINGS: 0/3" displayed.
(I guess the 0 changes but I've never seen it happen)
I haven't played with it so guess that's default.

2+2=√16

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2015, 09:17:48 AM »
Yeah the PLP app tells you how many you have on screen. Most of the app is transparent and the text is quite small, so it's easy to have it behind another app and not realize. I had that for a while where I thought it wasn't working.

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2015, 09:35:10 AM »
Cheers Chaps!!
I must not have the app displayed!! (or it's behind something!!) :D

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2015, 09:57:15 AM »

You could also try to stick between the white lines ;), I kind of liked the penalties there even though they were too soft. Really if your getting called your way off track and I checked my replay I was way wide in many spots where I should have got called but only got one on a big cut at eau rogue. The guys getting a penalty must really have been pushing the track limits here so I dont think you can have any real complaints about it.

If your playing very close to even such generous limits then your likely to get a penalty with no margin for error. If you try and stick to what would be considered proper track limits then it really shouldn't be an issue as there was lots of room outside a proper line here.

I was mostly surprised I didnt get called for a warning when I had my big off at high speed and spun across the track, but the exit of Blanchimont you need to be 2 or 3 cars wide of the line to be called outside, I just spun on the astro.

Marty, you're not looking at the big picture again.  Crawl out of your little box. 
Firstly, no-one wanted to change the penalties.
Second: If someone runs wide, can't make a corner, etc, it's still under the same umbrella as far as the app is concerned.   

Do I need to detail it out more, or you can work out the rest yourself? :)

And actually, a bonus: check my lines.   I was consistently within the whites, even at the back where you spun - I know it's generous there, but I do NOT like to play on invisible limits.    I had issues with one corner, only, and believe me, none of the cuts were meant to be.   I've fucked it up twice in 20 laps.  Big whoop.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 09:59:33 AM by Bird »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2015, 11:43:45 AM »
Yea well thats why there are 3 warnings as they allow for the odd stuff up everyone does. Its not like you get a penalty the first time so I really dont see it as a big issue. If someone is getting time penalties then they are either pushing track limits a bit too hard or a bit too much out of control and so getting a penalty may make them consider a different approach.

I just checked the results and seems as if the cut registration wasnt showing in qualy. I am pretty sure I cut on my outlap and it doesnt show. Also not one cut is registered in that session by anyone so maybe the log parse isnt picking up cuts there.

It would be nice to see also a red mark next to any person that sets the fastest lap on qualy with a cut and this should have some sort of points penalty if it happens. Its possible nobody else cut but strange that my outlap one hasnt been registered but the one I did in the race has. Maybe with the app change flashing in qualy this means you need to change something in the log parse to show qualy cuts.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 12:04:26 PM by marty »

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2015, 05:23:29 PM »
Doesn't AC disallow a cut lap in qualy anyhow?

I remember once getting a penalty on a fun night because someone forced me wide on a straight and I went onto the grass and when I came back on we nudged and I got sent back on the grass again.  This happened a few times all within a few seconds and so I thought that was a little unfair, but apart from that I don't think I've had any issues with PLP.

It's the same for everyone though so it's not like you can get an advantage out of PLP (/ AC) giving a bit more or less width for some corners, I guess it's just knowing when you are likely to get a penalty if you do actually move a bit off-line or get bumped, etc.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2015, 07:01:31 PM »
Yeah, its primarily about respecting track limits (at least as reported by the game) rather than gaining advantage, and the rules are the same for everyone.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2015, 10:53:12 PM »
Doesn't AC disallow a cut lap in qualy anyhow?

Not if in game penalties are turned off, it does work well but unfortunately you would need to have the regular in game penalty on for the game to invalidate qualy cut laps. So the current method means you can cut as much as you like in qualy and your laptime will still register and these arent showing in the results either.

Using the app it flashes in qualy if you cut but some probably dont even have it visible.

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2015, 08:52:31 AM »
it's easy to have it behind another app and not realize.
Found it!!!  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal