Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 8 News Feed

Author Topic: Season 8 News Feed  (Read 10558 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Season 8 News Feed
« on: August 22, 2015, 06:31:26 AM »
SATURDAY - Rookie driver JoshR, who fared poorly in the opening round at Imola where he scored only 5 points after receiving a penalty for careless driving, has apparently walked away from the competition. Driver JamieP, who has had 8 races with XGN and had signed up for the season, has also not raced. Neither driver was returning calls, so XGN have assumed that their positions on the grid are up for grabs.

With the imminent departure of drivers Marty and Gratulin for other commitments, two more places will become available for the remainder of the season. Gratulin is embarking on a European tour, trying to make an entry into the European GT3 championship. With the availability of grid places opening up, XGN will be advertising for replacement drivers in the wider racing community.

Invitations are also being sent out to the current season racers to partner with Guybrush in team Achilles Heels, to replace departing driver Marty.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
Re: Season 8 News Feed
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 10:10:50 AM »
Achilles Heel team principal Jack Goff has been in talks with a number of drivers for the second seat, however it is believed that all drivers have rejected the offers on the grounds of inhospitable and inhumane employment conditions after taking a look at Marty's car seat and what he has done to it over the course of the previous couple of rounds.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 10:26:36 AM »
What about Marty's racing suit? Is it for sale, or is it too stained?
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2015, 10:38:05 AM »
The suit is free to whoever can peel it off him.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2015, 09:26:25 AM »
Great report, pity about the rookies not being able to sustain the pace... There is a chance some of the retired not so famous racers will be back in training when time and car/track combos suit the more geriatric, adding to the field, at least numerically. :)
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2015, 12:00:29 PM »
Great report, pity about the rookies not being able to sustain the pace... There is a chance some of the retired not so famous racers will be back in training when time and car/track combos suit the more geriatric, adding to the field, at least numerically. :)

Hey you always give me a run for my money Bruce!

Offline Mopz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2015, 05:03:07 PM »
Hey all, I'm looking at making a return very soon. Looking for a drive again but I have only just set my rig back up and have not raced since about January...  Can anyone lend me some training wheels? I'll be available for 3 out of every four tuesday nites.
I'll have to sus out whats changed in AC. Anyways if a spot is open I'll be available the week after next...

Cheers

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2015, 06:31:34 PM »
Hey all, I'm looking at making a return very soon. Looking for a drive again but I have only just set my rig back up and have not raced since about January...  Can anyone lend me some training wheels? I'll be available for 3 out of every four tuesday nites.
I'll have to sus out whats changed in AC. Anyways if a spot is open I'll be available the week after next...

Cheers

That's good news Mopz. It will be good to have you back (so long as we don't race at Blackwood and you wipe the floor with us). The week after next, we'll have 2 rounds of season 8 left. You're welcome to come along for a run. Pick an Evora GX or a GTC (GTC is a bit nicer to drive).

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2015, 08:27:40 PM »
WEDNESDAY - XGN welcomes the newest team to the championship, "Pow R. Toc H. Racing". Formed with financial backing from the mysterious former racer Krahl (Some say that his heart ticks like a watch, and that he’s confused by stairs. All we know, he’s the racer formerly known as Krahl), the fledgling team is a sole owner, driver franchise run by Phil.8. "Pow R. Toc H. Racing" will be fielding a Lotus Evora GTC in the upcoming rounds, with owner Phil.8 vowing to never set foot in an Evora GX again.

Any drivers currently without a team are invited to send a resume to Phil.8, along with whatever inducements, financial or otherwise*, they deem necessary.

*XGN does not condone bribery.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2015, 10:14:10 PM »
Maybe Phil can join the team along with Phil.8

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2015, 01:23:26 PM »
Imagine the confusion
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2015, 03:47:47 PM »
Cant see why there would be confusion unless phil joins and requests car number 8 and you can take any other number.  ;D

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2015, 03:53:46 PM »
After wandering around the pits during mid week testing doing some lurking and listening at trailer side doors, I am now believing one of the elite drivers had experienced a traumatic experience and was now inflicted with a nervous stammer... "Phil, Phil"
Then reading up on later news feeds someone else is like minded and also spreading rumours that Phil may have been cloned like "Dolly" and there are 8 of them, all with atomic clocks for hearts too!

It has also been revealed the Thursday's Caterham Event will be a good focus point for returning racers to be "spotted" for return main event racing.

Your "confused already!" independent reporter.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal