Poll: Season 9

Poll

Choose a series for season 9

GT3
6 (27.3%)
Formula Renault 3.5 (open wheeler)
16 (72.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Poll: Season 9  (Read 21858 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Poll: Season 9
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2015, 06:23:53 PM »
Are we to vote now or are we doing a race in each first? I've never driven either type of car in AC so I have no idea.

As with previous polls, you can vote now, and you can always change your vote after trial races, like we did with season 8. Some of the votes changed dramatically after actually driving the cars.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2015, 06:27:09 PM »
Wally I'm pretty sure they withdraw the rule due to safety which required a low downforce setup for one race.  I could be wrong though.

I know they definitely did it for Spa. I don't know if it's a permanent rule change for the rest of the season. It gives us some idea of the kinds of rules they impose though. We'll see what's what after a trial race using each downforce package.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2015, 09:00:51 PM »
Would it be worth allowing ABS and TC in the FR3.5?  It might make it more appealing for some.

Waddaya think this is, a league of pussies?

I'm just thinking that Marty will be back by then.

We all know your a full blown aids infected alien, nice try saying I need them for your own benefit.  ;)

The only driving I have done was some rather quick speeds in Japan. Speed limits seem optional when a 10km tunnel with 60kmh speed limit doing 120 is a hazard in the right lane with cars passing at 200kmh plus at times lol. Also saw this car on the roads last week which looked pretty cool.

In Thailand speed isnt a good option as the roads are shit and other drivers and pedestrians are fairly insane. I managed to catch this while trying to catch some of the typical thai insanity on the roads.

[youtube]vzOWXYMuZjM[/youtube]

Today was even funnier as on the run back to the hotel we had a dog middle of the road nearly every corner, then there was a cow followed by a pig in the middle of the same road. Hasnt been a single animal on the road til now then they all got a bit crazy maybe with the hot sun or coming storms.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2015, 09:21:30 PM »
I like the pink band aid holding the bumper on the merc
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2015, 09:47:57 PM »
I guarantee those peds you guys almost hit were from a country where you drive on the right hand side of the road.  You naturally become accustomed to walking across the road and looking to the right/left.

When I was in Sweden I was too scared to walk across the roads at big intersections without pedestrian lights as I didn't know where the cars would be coming from!

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2015, 10:29:23 PM »
I correct it for you:
drive on the right hand side of the road.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2015, 10:29:37 PM »
I just gave the FR a bit of a blast. What a ride! It's an awesome mod.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2015, 08:10:59 PM »
With DLC#2 due soon, featuring the Lambo Huracan GT3, that might have a bearing on the car choice for season 9. It might be a matter of timing.

Out of interest, who would NOT buy the DLC?

Maybe if we do a FR3.5 season first, we might have more GT3 cars to choose from, and might have DLC available at a Steam discount too.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2015, 08:37:49 PM »
Hi Wally,

I am pretty sure you know all this, but from the last stream from Stefano it looks like:

1. if we go for FR we won't have a detection zones for the DRS. Personally, I would not mind if they give us a chance to simply block it on the server, but as it is not part of the setup, I doubt it will be on the fixed setup update.
2. GT3 tyres will be updated all at once, but this might be for 1.3 or an update mid-season.

I guess we should take also these things in consideration. I.e., if we would like to use the DRS, then why not to delay a FR season to when it will be better implemented. Just my 2 very stupid pennies.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2015, 08:42:33 PM »
Grat, the FR3.5 doesn't have DRS anyway.

2+2=√16

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2015, 08:47:10 PM »
Grat, the FR3.5 doesn't have DRS anyway.

Oh,... I thought I was said it had... Not that I saw any, but... Anyway: thanks for letting me know.

Just one other thing: FR will probably also be the first mod to get the new tyre model...

Why, oh, why it is all so complicated!

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2015, 09:37:03 PM »
by next season we will be only people playing if this trend continues http://steamcharts.com/app/244210,   Can,t get a race on public servers anymore, they all dead.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2015, 10:48:14 PM »
by next season we will be only people playing if this trend continues http://steamcharts.com/app/244210,   Can,t get a race on public servers anymore, they all dead.

That chart looks pretty static. Neither growth nor loss in numbers.
All we need is 24 people at XGN :)

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2015, 09:41:21 AM »
yeah, I am just sad I cant hop on and find a race  anymore

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2015, 10:25:37 AM »
Even Marty's servers were empty this weekend. I jumped on on Friday for a while and all servers were empty.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 04:13:08 PM by Joe »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal