Xtreme Gaming Network

Sep 22 fun run: Formula Renault 3.5 at Paul Ricard

Author Topic: Sep 22 fun run: Formula Renault 3.5 at Paul Ricard  (Read 25641 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Sep 22 fun run: Formula Renault 3.5 at Paul Ricard
« on: September 15, 2015, 10:43:40 PM »
3 x 8 laps at Paul Ricard Tourism, GT, 24H (version 0.9.1)
TRACK DOWNLOAD
CAR DOWNLOAD

First qualifying is at 8:30pm eastern, as usual.

Like the real world series, the car is available in 3 downforce configurations: Low, Standard and High downforce.

First race will be with everyone in the high downforce package. Second race will use the standard package, and the third race will use the low downforce package. We'll be looking to get feedback on how the three downforce packages feel, so we can decide whether to use the high downforce package, or mix it up, or whatever. It will also be a chance for people to think about their vote in the Season 9 car poll.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Sep 22 fun run: Formula Renault 3.5 at Paul Ricard
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 11:09:54 PM »
Practice server is up with a mix of downforce packages.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 07:26:36 AM »
Some people have experienced oscillations in the FFB with this car. I believe the solution is to turn road effects to zero in the FFB settings, and to enable GYRO=1 in one of the ini files (assettocorsa.ini?)

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 09:08:39 AM »
Yep, it was un-driveable for me initially, but after reducing "road effects" to <30 it's fine.  I also turned Gyro on but I don't know if that made a difference.  Even with Gyro on and road effect >30 it was too rough.

There is a real sweet spot with the FFB gain as well - a fine line between no feeling in slow corners to clipping in the fast ones.

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2015, 10:58:52 AM »
if you look at the pdf file that comes with dl it has a pic of how you should setup the wheel settings, you just need to save your current settings off so you can make another for the renos and then you can just load the wheel settings in tyour profile when you want to drive them.
do you even motorsports?

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2015, 11:37:53 AM »
if you look at the pdf file that comes with dl it has a pic of how you should setup the wheel settings, you just need to save your current settings off so you can make another for the renos and then you can just load the wheel settings in tyour profile when you want to drive them.
True, if you follow the pdf it works just fine...

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2015, 12:08:32 PM »
For me, it felt fine straight out of the box. I didn't have to change anything.

Offline christopheraser

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2015, 10:56:10 PM »
I will be along for this. Love these cars in rfactor2. Will be interesting to see how they go in AC.

I'm not sure if the developer has recommended a particular race distance or anything like that, but I hope we run for 45 mins like they do in the real wsr races.

We also had some curious drs. Some tracks had a detection zone and a drs line and it worked well, at others it was open slather and we could all use it every lap every straight (and some corners). At times it made for some pretty intense racing.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 11:50:36 PM by christopheraser »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2015, 07:56:22 AM »
This trial race will just be three 15 min sprints, primarily to get a feel for the three downforce packages available.

If we use these cars for season 9, I'd be looking at a 15 min sprint and a 30 minute race with pitstop, which is similar to the real life format, but condensed. More races also helps ballast become more accurate.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2015, 04:43:09 PM »
I`d love to race and try the renault but i will be away,driving up and down the NSW coast for a few days with my missus ,see you soon,,,,,be good guys 8)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2015, 06:08:58 PM »
I`d love to race and try the renault but i will be away,driving up and down the NSW coast for a few days with my missus ,see you soon,,,,,be good guys 8)
Have fun!

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2015, 11:22:17 AM »
Make sure you d/l the cars from the link in this thread and not the one in the cars thread.
I got a checksum error, even though both d/l's are called the same version (1.1 on the site, 1.7 on the file).

And Wally, what fuel/tyre multiplier are we running?
31 litres is only good for 4 laps on the server atm.

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2015, 12:24:33 PM »
Make sure you d/l the cars from the link in this thread and not the one in the cars thread.
I got a checksum error, even though both d/l's are called the same version (1.1 on the site, 1.7 on the file).

And Wally, what fuel/tyre multiplier are we running?
31 litres is only good for 4 laps on the server atm.

Cars thread... Do you mean the mod cars sub forum here? Yes, this thread should have a more up to date link. We'll be running just 1x everything. The practice server must still have a fuel multiplier on it.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2015, 12:31:00 PM »
I just reset the practice server - now back to 1x fuel and tyres.

Offline christopheraser

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2015, 02:42:59 PM »
I found the feedback settings that the devs recommended to be a little light. I ended up with something between my regular setup and their recommendations. They are fun, but are still lacking the direct feel of the rfactor2 version of the same car, will keep messing with my settings. They do however look a bit better than the rf2 mod and sounds are about on par with each other.

EDIT
The AC mod makes the best sound on overrun.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 04:52:39 PM by christopheraser »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal