Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 9 Sign up and Details: Formula Renault 3.5

Author Topic: Season 9 Sign up and Details: Formula Renault 3.5  (Read 55062 times)

Offline grat

• View Profile
Re: Season 9 Sign up and Details: Formula Renault 3.5
« Reply #90 on: October 14, 2015, 12:02:39 AM »
Hi Wally,

can you clarify how ballast works? I thought that after my very disappointing first race I would have been ballast-free in the second, but instead I had quite a bit. (Not complaining, of course. Just curious.)

Also: the name links on race 1 reports seem not to work. Does not really matter, but thought you might care.

Thanks a lot for the great organization. Looks like it will be a great season!
The ballast is worked out by your fastest lap time, not how well you did in the race.

Here's how it works. The average fastest lap in race 1 was 1:33.342. Whoever was faster than that gains ballast (the faster they are, the more ballast they get). Who ever was slower than that, loses ballast (in this opening race, because we all started on 0kg, no one loses ballast of course, but this is how it works in future races).

This is what I do (automatically, via my program) for every race - looking at the average fastest lap in the race, then adjusting ballast up or down for everyone accordingly. What I also do is look at how much a certain amount of ballast slowed people down, averaging it out with more and more data, because as you can imagine, everyone's different and there are many variables. But it soon settles onto a pretty good average. The more races we do, the better it gets.

And I fixed the links - thanks.

Ok, understood: I guessed it was probably something like that.

Looking at race 2 laps, it looks like I'll be quite heavy next time. Better I take it into account when (trying to) setting up the car.

Cheers!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 14, 2015, 12:13:58 AM »
Yep - the practice server is set up with your ballast.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Rolz

« Reply #92 on: October 14, 2015, 08:47:55 AM »
The ballast is worked out by your fastest lap time, not how well you did in the race.

Nice one Wally, this will fair it up I think... I think in these cars especially... Obviously I'm looking forward to experiencing it! :P

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 14, 2015, 02:39:11 PM »
Wally if there is a space on the grid for the next 3 rounds, Id like to have a run but I will be away for the last 3 again so if there are any guys wanting to run the full season put them in ahead of me.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 14, 2015, 07:51:15 PM »
Wally if there is a space on the grid for the next 3 rounds, Id like to have a run but I will be away for the last 3 again so if there are any guys wanting to run the full season put them in ahead of me.

Yes, I'll make sure I'm notified of absences so you can get a run.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal