Xtreme Gaming Network

S9R1: Imola post-race

Author Topic: S9R1: Imola post-race  (Read 25013 times)

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
S9R1: Imola post-race
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2015, 01:35:34 PM »
Even though results-wise the night was a washout for me I had some fun driving this car even if a few laps down in each race.

Race 1 I tagged Skaife I think at the hairpin (Tosa). Sorry about that but everything came to a halt suddenly when I expected the cars in front of me to be accelerating out of that corner. Not sure what caused that. Anyway, I tried driving the car but gave up and pitted. After the pit stop closed up on Joe for a few laps before overcooking it out of one of the corners and then back into the pits. I was determined to get my 10 laps worth so kept circulating even though I was the only one left of the server. I didn't want a DNF ;)

Race 2 my ping went through the roof just before the start. I didn't actually bog down at the start Wally (I did bog down in Race 1 but got a good start in Race 2) - the car in front of me missed the start and I had to get on the brakes. I then hit something invisible on the track just before the first corner and got launched into the air landing in the sand and then automatically sent back to pits. I disconnected, checked my PC and then decided to reconnect to just enjoy driving around. So I did the last 14 laps without incident and thoroughly enjoyed racing close to a couple of cars. Probably confused them by not trying to overtake - I was concerned not to take anyone out since I was about 4 laps down by then.

So, my lesson learnt was that I could still have a great night's racing even when out of contention. Especially in these cars it was good to get some laps under my belt in race conditions.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 01:38:34 PM by Gratulin »

G0RGAK

Re: S9R1: Imola post-race
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2015, 01:39:00 PM »
From the pre-race chat.

In race 2 today I spun on lap 4 or 5 and I was auto sent to the pits, and then lost the lap I was on and 3-4 positions. Not sure why it auto sent me to pits but can we turn it off please, all I had to do was turn around and I  would have continued my race. Thanks

Another thing, I was also wondering about the points for Race 1 and 2. I was late to the show and didn't get enough track time under my belt to compete but how do I get the same amount of points as Simone (Just using you as an example) when in both races he completed 0 laps and in my first race I ended on lap 9 so we could restart server, and in the 2nd race I quit after being sent to pits, but completed 5.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 01:40:37 PM by G0RGAK »

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2015, 01:49:47 PM »

From the pre-race chat.

In race 2 today I spun on lap 4 or 5 and I was auto sent to the pits, and then lost the lap I was on and 3-4 positions. Not sure why it auto sent me to pits but can we turn it off please, all I had to do was turn around and I  would have continued my race. Thanks

Another thing, I was also wondering about the points for Race 1 and 2. I was late to the show and didn't get enough track time under my belt to compete but how do I get the same amount of points as Simone (Just using you as an example) when in both races he completed 0 laps and in my first race I ended on lap 9 so we could restart server, and in the 2nd race I quit after being sent to pits, but completed 5.
Teammate, In Race 1 I didn't DNF because I kept everyone waiting even though I had to do 2 more laps on my own to avoid the DNF tag. In Race 2 I got a DNF because I didn't want keep everyone waiting while I lapped for another 4 laps after the race had finished for everyone else. Next time I'll keep lapping until I am shown the chequered flag.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2015, 02:00:25 PM »
Wally, What do you have for RACE_OVER _TIME? That is meant to be the time allowed after the first car crosses the start-finish line. I was able to do 2 full laps last night and I got  a white flag and chequered flag rather than timing out.

RACE_OVER_TIME=20          ; time remaining in seconds to finish the race from the moment the first one passes on the finish line

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2015, 02:09:05 PM »
Solid night for the Goats, both of us in the top 5 race 2 was the highlight!! ;D

Unfortunately with my penalty I ended up 6th and you took 3rd.
Yeah but that's just Wally's dark voodoo abacus tricks, we got it in race reality!! ;D

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2015, 02:10:28 PM »
Solid night for the Goats, both of us in the top 5 race 2 was the highlight!! ;D

Unfortunately with my penalty I ended up 6th and you took 3rd.
Yeah but that's just Wally's dark voodoo abacus tricks, we got it in race reality!! ;D

True 'dat, I don't want my penalty taking way from me what was easily my best race to date. Meeeeeeeeeh!

Rolz

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2015, 02:22:32 PM »
Meeeeeeeeeh!

I keep having a chuckle at the variety of goat sounds open to you and StanDaam

[youtube]ULUAGZ6XDak[/youtube]

;D

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2015, 02:31:03 PM »
Ha ha Rolz!!  ;D
That's exactly how my pit crew sounds!!
Love the one @ 50 secs, sounds like a poor human attempt at imitating a goat  ;D

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2015, 03:29:07 PM »
Hey Phil, did you post your setup anywhere? I'm using full stock, but would be keen to see if your setup can improve anything :)

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2015, 03:48:54 PM »
here it is
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2015, 04:02:36 PM »
I have been getting a lot of tyre squeal since 1.3 and came across this gem from Stephano regarding the new Audio slider called "Tyre skid volume onset"

100% means "whatever we think the good default is".. which currently is around half way slip between 0 and the slip that gives you the grip peak.

So this slider goes from:

0% = a screaming tyre is a tyre
100% = a screaming tyre is an happy tyre
200% = a screaming tyre is a sliding tyre

Choose your poison.

holy duck.. I might have found the correct way to label that slider!
KS Dev. Programmer | Stefano Casillo

Offline Schmittez

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2015, 05:42:12 PM »
Race 1: Started in 19th but ended up in 8th after all the carnage at the start and settled in for the rest of the race but then on lap 4 I think it was this happened
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/v/uvg4r8HuDw8&rel=1&fs=1[/youtube]
Will technically redressed on the last turn but I think it only happened because he went of and I was at the back of the train that he was waiting for to rejoin safely, I could be wrong but that's what it looks like. the rest of the race was pretty straight forward don't remember any thing major happening.

Race 2: started up a little further up the field 14th I think and jumped up a few after t1 carnage again and ended up putting my self around a couple laps later and got some damage and then it all went down hill from there and couldnt keep in on the track.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 05:49:17 PM by Schmittez »

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2015, 06:26:39 PM »
race1: probs didn get the best out of the car in qualy for 2nd behind edwood and thats where i stayed all race. Was a good pressure race just doing qualy laps just over 1 sec behind ed but he never slipped so i stayed put.

race2: car was an absolute dog with the extra weight all 167k of it haha seemed to really kill the car, not much i could do in qualy getting 12th. Got off to a good start in the race getting up to 6th i think and then halfway through the lap the game went all weird and people started flying so i tried to pull on the inside on the grass but when everything went to normal i reappeared in wallys side (sorry mate) and then i dropped out completely lol so i came back in 2 laps down and just circulated for points :)
do you even motorsports?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2015, 07:43:22 PM »
From the pre-race chat.

Simone was punted off the track at the start of race 2, and got an 8 point bonus (double points race).

Also, the auto-send to pits is not anything I can control. AC is doing it for its own reasons.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2015, 07:46:22 PM »
Wally, What do you have for RACE_OVER _TIME? That is meant to be the time allowed after the first car crosses the start-finish line. I was able to do 2 full laps last night and I got  a white flag and chequered flag rather than timing out.

RACE_OVER_TIME=20          ; time remaining in seconds to finish the race from the moment the first one passes on the finish line

Race over time is 300 seconds (as it has been for ages). It never really used to take 300 seconds after the winner to finish the race. I'll reduce it to around about 90 seconds or so - i.e. time to finish one lap after the winner.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal