Xtreme Gaming Network

Video/Replay

Author Topic: Video/Replay  (Read 10268 times)

G0RGAK

Video/Replay
« on: October 28, 2015, 01:25:20 AM »
I was talking to a mate about the racing on Tuesday and he asked if there was any videos. I checked youtube, there was some old videos from last year, but I wondering if anybody had any newer vids or even replays and I'll capture some stuff and upload it.

Cheers

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Video/Replay
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 07:25:29 AM »
Videos are a great promo tool, but they take time to make. I'll upload some replays.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 08:33:09 AM »
Here are a few different Formula Renault replays https://www.dropbox.com/s/36csas530w61xcw/FRreplays.7z?dl=0
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

G0RGAK

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2015, 02:57:14 PM »
Thanks for the replays, I tired to make some video's but my pc being what it is, they look and run terrible  :-\

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2015, 04:12:53 PM »
I did make a few older videos from last year but nothing too recent. I may make a video from one of the current season race starts. Showing some of the closer racing this last round at Zandvoort. Though I dont think I passed any cars on track other then those I lapped or spun infront of me.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2015, 07:42:47 PM »
Im just about to upload a video of some cool follow the Bacchulum train action in race 1 with me, edwood, jeremy Wally and Matthew all fairly close for a few laps unable to get past his low weight car.  ;D
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 07:52:47 PM by marty »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2015, 07:46:58 PM »
Im just about to upload a video of some cool follow the Bacchulum train action in race 1 with me, edwood, jeremy and Matthew all fairly close for a few laps unable to get past his low weight car.  ;D
Should look good! Make sure you promo the league... with a link to http://www.xgn.com.au/index.php?board=42.0.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2015, 08:19:43 PM »
Im just about to upload a video of some cool follow the Bacchulum train action in race 1 with me, edwood, jeremy Wally and Matthew all fairly close for a few laps unable to get past his low weight car.  ;D
Looking forward to it!

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2015, 08:32:32 PM »

A screen grab, showing the hopeful video quality unless yt decides to butcher it lol.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 10:01:56 PM by marty »

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2015, 09:43:14 PM »
thats a cool replay marty
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Rolz

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2015, 09:57:54 PM »
yup! Shared that one  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2015, 10:51:00 PM »
Good one. That was a great race.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2015, 11:05:08 PM »
Nice job! Thank you.

I still have the replays from all races of the past two seasons bar race 2 from last one, in case you do not have them and want to use any.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2015, 12:45:29 AM »
Nice job! Thank you.

I still have the replays from all races of the past two seasons bar race 2 from last one, in case you do not have them and want to use any.

The thing is making a video is really quite simple, its just finding good material and why I never bothered to make a highlight real or anything like that. It would mean that youd need to sort through footage for hours, the way I do it is If I remember a good bit from a race just play the replay set record then do the basic premier pro stuff and video is done in about the time it takes to play the clip itself a few times. Then uploading takes a fair bit of time on adsl2 and I reduced quality of the final encode on that by 50% just to speed up the upload.

If anyone ever wanted to make highlight videos of the race nite then good luck to them, also the other issue is in AC replay onboard from other cars looks quite weird compared to your own. My replays is saved at Ultra so 60hz for me, recorded at 60p my car looks as smooth as it does in game live. Other cars with server at 20hz means the drivers hands are only updated every 4th frame so it looks not as smooth, also other cars going over kerbs can look very weird.

That's why it always looks best just focusing on your own car, and not switching to others. All other cars look smooth enough from a distance but get in close and it all looks a little weird lol.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal