Xtreme Gaming Network

S9R5: Mugello post-race chat

Author Topic: S9R5: Mugello post-race chat  (Read 25962 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: S9R5: Mugello post-race chat
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2015, 11:10:20 AM »
A little bit of gaming the system is acceptable: in the end, this is a sport. I can offer myself to do some bit of statistical analysis to get a better grasp of the numbers. Perhaps Wally has already done all that, and perhaps these numbers won't help us much, but at the bare minimum I am personally curious to see what is the actual impact of ballast on our performances.

Personally I am taking the ballast thing (also) as a badge of honor. I am still fairly new, and managing a 5th place in quali with 100kg makes me proud :)

A little bit of gaming it is what is happening by a few, this is why I think the next ballast season it would be good to have a 2 race format but race 1 no ballast and race 2 will be ballast in the same format of this season. I think have equal points for both races but work ballast only off race 1 times for the next round except round 1 work ballast off of race 1, also any new drivers will be ballasted off race 1 first. So if people want to game it then good luck to them but race 1 will show all people's true pace. Getting ballast effecting the next round rather then the following race would help people to be able to work a setup for their ballasted car along with one that has no ballast, but ballast adjustments would be made as this season taking into account race 1 times and current race 2 ballast.

Have race 1 as a sprint and race 2 the longer format but having equal points means that people wont sacrifice race 1 results for double points on race 2 which would be quite likely if that's how it works.

Seeing no ballast races tend to be a bit more spread out having this as the shorter race would work better with the tighter pack racing being in race 2. I think this sort of format will keep more people interested as it will give people a chance to compete at least in one of the races. If they need ballast but also it means people like GB stuck on 170kg every race don't need to drive a a minardi or marussia all season and get rather frustrated and maybe not want to keep running league seasons.

I think if we ran such a format this season it would have been a bit more enjoyable for all, you also get to drive the cars as they should be and you get the best of both race options. All out equal battles and ballast to avoid GB lapping the field and then being lapped with his caravan in tow as has been most of the season.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2015, 11:14:35 AM »
Race 1 was very noice!!   
Rce 2 caught repeatedly on someone else crap  and i retired,shame cause i wanted to race defensively and do well...but hey.....!!!

I had huge fun in race 1 passing these gentlemen ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

HAAA   forgot that i got a podium....whhooooo...hoooooo

..also we should stop complaining about the ballast,and make stories out o f it,,,just race guys and shut up!!!!

Nice passing but try to do that with 130kg+ it may not be as fun for those that have say 170kg vs your 26. :)

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2015, 11:22:29 AM »
LOL   love the video Simone
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2015, 11:23:27 AM »
Personally I am taking the ballast thing (also) as a badge of honor. I am still fairly new, and managing a 5th place in quali with 100kg makes me proud :)

Think that's true for a lot of us back-markers, I'm rather chuffed that the next race my ballast is 50kg......means I'm not the slowest anymore ;D

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2015, 11:29:09 AM »
Nice moves Simone!!  ;D

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2015, 01:21:26 PM »
Good to see and hear about the races, miss being there. I intend to be there each Tuesday but the baby has other plans!

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2015, 01:49:56 PM »
But I still want to complain about being taken out before corner 4 in both races last night. I was at the back of the pack and still couldn't avoid getting hit. In race 2 I had someone reverse right across the track in front of me. How come spinning cars just don't stay off the track until everyone is past?

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2015, 01:55:16 PM »

Hahahahaaaa Phil thx  8) 8) 8)

Marty,you r saying to me:Try to do that with 180 kg!! ........cmon guys you can`t now start and whinge about other driver weights,its unfair,i know what you mean  Marty,but we should not point the finger and discriminate the driver with less weight every race...its unreal!!!. ballast is so that everybody can have a taste of some action on the track.....i think

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 01:58:11 PM by Simone »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2015, 02:04:41 PM »
But I still want to complain about being taken out before corner 4 in both races last night. I was at the back of the pack and still couldn't avoid getting hit. In race 2 I had someone reverse right across the track in front of me. How come spinning cars just don't stay off the track until everyone is past?

They certainly should. You're supposed to exercise caution and make a safe track re-entry. If that means you drop a heap of spots, well that's how it goes, just like in real life. But don't wreck someone else's race.

I think in future seasons, I'll have a complaints system. If you tell me (or maybe someone else, an appointed ”race steward") about an incident, I'll take a look at it, and give penalties if warranted. But I certainly won't go looking for incidents, apart from T1/2.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2015, 02:07:23 PM »
The whole thing just seems like a lottery at the moment, sorry Wally.  Everyone is out of position.  I thought the purpose was to close the gap, not to flip everything around and jumble it all up.

It's just not enjoyable fighting on your lonesome in 18th place while cars go flying past through no fault of your own.  The jumbling also increases accidents as everyone is out of position.

Last night I ran into the back of whoever ran into a spinning Stan at T4.  Then in Race 2 I had to avoid whoever was in front and got onto the grass which sent me into the wall.  Normally I would have finished, but the combination of extreme ballast + high fuel + damage for the second race just made the car undriveable and after another couple of offs I thought I'd best call it a night.

It was probably hard to drive around the ballast at that particular track, but regardless, there is only so much you can do when you are almost doubling the weight of the unballasted car with ballast and fuel.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2015, 02:21:33 PM »

Hahahahaaaa Phil thx  8) 8) 8)

Marty,you r saying to me:Try to do that with 180 kg!! ........cmon guys you can`t now start and whinge about other driver weights,its unfair,i know what you mean  Marty,but we should not point the finger and discriminate the driver with less weight every race...its unreal!!!. ballast is so that everybody can have a taste of some action on the track.....i think

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
I think the ballast is working pretty well with the only possible adjustment I see is a little bit more dampening of the fluctuations so that your weight rises and falls a little more slowly.
That said, with GB towing a boat he is still 8th, Marty is 4th in the championship and some mere mortals are in the top 10....!

Rolz

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2015, 02:26:40 PM »
I think in future seasons, I'll have a complaints system. If you tell me (or maybe someone else, an appointed ”race steward") about an incident, I'll take a look at it, and give penalties if warranted. But I certainly won't go looking for incidents, apart from T1/2.

+1 for race steward for future seasons

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2015, 03:25:41 PM »

They certainly should. You're supposed to exercise caution and make a safe track re-entry. If that means you drop a heap of spots, well that's how it goes, just like in real life. But don't wreck someone else's race.

Thanks Wally. I'm not really looking for a penalty or complaints system. I just wanted to make the point that I think everyone could try and be a bit more careful. My understanding of the objective of Tuesday is to have fun but to try and run the races as close to a simulation ie immersive, as possible. The way we are going everyone would be dead by now in real life :D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2015, 05:01:27 PM »
I took a look at the race 2 replay, both major incidents were simply caused by cars spinning off the kerb at t3 exit. Both cars that spun ended up collecting others and this was always going to be an issue with close racing here.

The first incident Grat lost it over the kerb kind of hung on the hit the grass on the right with a proper tankslapper and hit Jeremy sending him into the other wall then back across the track which Gratulin ended up hitting just as his car was stopping.

The second one Shmittez had a spin on the kerb then his car stopped mid track and Grubbet hit him square in the middle sending both cars flying.

This is the same corner the Grat ran into Bacchulum race 1 causing another blocked track that I got around but got bogged, so most major incidents were at the same corner and only really the race one was it the fault of 1 driver who hit the car ahead. All others were single car mistakes in the middle of a large pack that caused the issues.

I also noticed Matthews car in my replay take off and fly away. :)

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
S9R5: Mugello post-race chat
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2015, 05:24:07 PM »
Continuing my somewhat grumpy tone - why the hell are cars riding the curbs on cold tires on lap 1 T3?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal