Xtreme Gaming Network

Ringmaster 4 - Scuderia Glickenhaus SCG003C

Author Topic: Ringmaster 4 - Scuderia Glickenhaus SCG003C  (Read 26247 times)

Rolz

Re: Ringmaster 4 - Scuderia Glickenhaus SCG003C
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2015, 10:16:09 AM »
+1 What Bruce said  ;D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2015, 05:33:38 PM »
Marty, your part of a unique group here, I am always impressed with not only your dedication to obtaining the best, but also your commitment to sharing and helping so many of us here... thanks.

I think many of us just want some good hard close racing, if some setup help can help someone else out a little it only makes the racing a bit better for everyone. GB always posts pretty much all his setups though I tend to go a slightly different way then he does so anyone putting up a setup that works for them may help someone. Setups are a very personal thing in what works for certain driving styles and mine may work for some but not so good for others so a few options cant hurt for others to try.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2015, 05:36:18 PM »
I've signalled others out here,  hence part a great group.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2015, 05:57:05 PM »
Yep, and you can always learn something from other peoples setups.  Sometimes having similar settings on different cars produces very different results so it's a bit of trial and error to a degree, which is why it's always nice to see what other people have done and learn from that, as the time just isn't available to go through every setting change.

As much as you continue to learn how to drive faster - although there is a point of diminishing returns - setups are the really fascinating thing that you just never stop learning about.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2015, 08:17:11 PM »
In order for you to be able to upload your setup to ptracker on the practice server, you need to experimental build of ptracker from here.

http://n-e-y-s.de/download

And you also need the latest x64 Visual C++ Redistributable package from Microsoft, linked below. You probably also need to restart your pc after this is installed.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=48145

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2015, 09:54:10 PM »
Setup for those that don't mind a loose rear end...

Add a couple of clicks of rear wing and decrease the rear ARB by a couple of clicks to get something a bit more comfortable.

Rolz

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2015, 10:52:50 PM »
I have put my initial setup in the practice server via ptracker its good enough to just get the wr but should have a few seconds left in it at optimum conditions. Funny how reducing in car tc and abs levels made it not pro mode so I just ran some laps at default factory which is a few seconds slower.

Thanks Marty - improved on my PB :)

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2015, 01:10:54 PM »
I may not make it tonight.  My throttle pedal was playing up again last night, so if I can't fix it in time I don't think I'll bother.  Fingers crossed the contact cleaner does the trick though.

Would there be any way of protecting it somehow?  If I was to wrap a certain part in electrical tape to stop dust/hair getting on the pot?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2015, 01:19:57 PM »
I may not make it tonight.  My throttle pedal was playing up again last night, so if I can't fix it in time I don't think I'll bother.  Fingers crossed the contact cleaner does the trick though.

Would there be any way of protecting it somehow?  If I was to wrap a certain part in electrical tape to stop dust/hair getting on the pot?

Can you replace the pot altogether?
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Rolz

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2015, 01:38:44 PM »

Hi GB,

When my G27 throttle started to play up I took the cover off and drowned the pot in that alcohol circuit board cleaner (big spray can), whilst pushing the pedal down and up...

http://www.jaycar.com.au/Service-Aids/Chemical-Aids/Aerosols/Electronic-Circuit-Board-Cleaner-Spray-Can/p/NA1008
(something similar)

That seemed to do the trick for me... was pretty quick too... as quick as taking those 100 screws off the bottom for the cover quick  :o

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2015, 02:25:57 PM »
Thanks Rolz.  I've done that 3 times already though, and I had to do it twice last time as it didn't work properly the first.  I'm starting to get over it as it takes at least half an hour to take it apart, spray, mop up the residual contact cleaner, and then put it all together and attach to my wheel stand...  which is also feeling the pinch as the screw+ hole that hold it all on is stripping and each time is harder to attach.

:(

If I didn't get a $417 speeding from for doing 11 km/h over in S.A. maybe I could justify buying a new set of pedals.

I think you all should be weeping for me with violin playing.

Rolz

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2015, 02:38:27 PM »
Thanks Rolz.  I've done that 3 times already though, and I had to do it twice last time as it didn't work properly the first.  I'm starting to get over it as it takes at least half an hour to take it apart, spray, mop up the residual contact cleaner, and then put it all together and attach to my wheel stand...  which is also feeling the pinch as the screw+ hole that hold it all on is stripping and each time is harder to attach.

If I didn't get a $417 speeding from for doing 11 km/h over in S.A. maybe I could justify buying a new set of pedals.

double suck...

$417 for 11km over... far out... that's basically these right there http://www.fanatec.com/au-en/pedals/clubsport-pedals-v3-aus.html

:'( :'( :'(

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2015, 02:39:22 PM »

You could shave your balls and then it will reduce amount of hair getting in the pot. You could also try and wear some pants which would also have the same effect but that may be too much for you.

In all seriousness I hope you get it sorted as its always fun crashing trying to keep up with you.  Maybe one day you will crash before me but seeing your limit is higher then mine I need to push more to try and hang on and so have been making more errors recently.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2015, 04:11:09 PM »
gents, chances are I won't be able to make it tonight, again.  sorry & have fun.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2015, 06:02:42 PM »

double suck...

$417 for 11km over... far out... that's basically these right there http://www.fanatec.com/au-en/pedals/clubsport-pedals-v3-aus.html

:'( :'( :'(
Rolz, can you PLEASE stop posting links to those damn pedals! They are too tempting...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal