Xtreme Gaming Network

Ringmaster 4 - Scuderia Glickenhaus SCG003C

Author Topic: Ringmaster 4 - Scuderia Glickenhaus SCG003C  (Read 26262 times)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Ringmaster 4 - Scuderia Glickenhaus SCG003C
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2015, 07:05:25 PM »
I'm getting a checksum error connecting to the race server Wally. :(

I have no issues with the practice server.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 07:08:08 PM by Bacchulum »

2+2=√16

Rolz

« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2015, 07:18:45 PM »
yup ditto

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2015, 07:26:52 PM »
yup ditto
I'll check in a minute. After the dishes.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2015, 07:33:23 PM »
May not be able to get in tonight. Getting an "acs.exe has stopped working" whenever I try to start a race/practice/etc. Will join if I can get it sorted but it's not looking promising.  :'(

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2015, 07:39:59 PM »
May not be able to get in tonight. Getting an "acs.exe has stopped working" whenever I try to start a race/practice/etc. Will join if I can get it sorted but it's not looking promising.  :'(
I just restarted the server, try again now.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2015, 07:44:23 PM »
Nah I can't even start a local session.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2015, 07:59:36 PM »
Nah I can't even start a local session.
Try verifying your local files for AC in Steam.

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2015, 10:37:19 PM »
Strangely enough it was fixed by closing Steam and re-opening it, Steam needed to update itself. Not sure why that would allow the launcher to work but not the actual race session, but hey, if it works it works.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2015, 02:46:02 AM »
It wasn't the resolution bug was it?  Sometimes after an update the screen resolution setting changes and you have to manually set it back otherwise the game won't run.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2015, 08:36:48 AM »
Other than a mistake at the final corners and the server timing, I survived 3 laps in the glicker at the ring!  Gotta be happy with that.
I should thank Wally for the "no pain, no gain" training scheme, I know the track the best I have ever and more than happy to have a blast at it.

Thanks for the runs Wally, always a pleasure to be involved in your sessions  :)
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2015, 09:07:18 AM »
It wasn't the resolution bug was it?  Sometimes after an update the screen resolution setting changes and you have to manually set it back otherwise the game won't run.

Nah wasn't that. I've had that happen enough times that it's the first thing I check these days.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2015, 09:29:41 AM »
RACE RESULTS

Round Points
-XGN- Guybrush Threepwood    50
Rolz    45
Stan Daam    41
Bacchulum    39
Marty    37
Glenn Frost    36
-XGN-Phil.8    36
- XGN - Wally Masterson    35
Dave O    35
AJ    34
Mael    29
Bruce Rook    29
Gratulin    12

Will the newly crowned Ringmaster please step forward and bend over... Guybrush Threepwood.

Podium is:
1. Guybrush, 188
2. Rolz, 165
3. Wally, 148

Final standings are HERE.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2015, 09:32:31 AM »
The stupid thing in race 1 was that I had spun a bit, and was stopped facing the armco - not a huge hit - and the game decided to put me back in the pits. WTF? That puts you a long way behind at the Nordschleife! I barely saw anyone that race. Race 2 was much more entertaining, but I still made too many mistakes - lapses of concentration, loose moments...

I'm all Rung out now.

Rolz

« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2015, 09:55:51 AM »
Firstly congrats to GB - certainly a class above the rest...

Special mention for Marty... definitely the only one able to keep GB challenged... it is a decision you had to make, go hard and risk crashing or could have quite easily relaxed a bit more and have taken out 2nd place overall...

I'm just stoked to be racing with both of you... Marty getting the RSR WR and in game GB doing faster times than that... awesome!
Diving with such quality just drags my arse up to be a better driver thanks!! Certainly have improved since I first join XGN  ;D

I love the Nordschleife track and had a top time taking part in this little season.

Stoked to get 2nd overall... lots of luck and fantastic setups from Marty contributed to it that's for sure!

Wally - always appreciate the effort you put in being admin and collating the data post race! Thanks heaps as well

;D

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2015, 10:53:30 AM »
I'd just like to thanks my primary sponsor: Ansel flavoured lubricants, and our partners over at Proctologyisfun.com, without which being a master of the ring simply couldn't happen.

Qualy was good.  First clean lap I tried to complete and got a reasonable time early on in the piece, with race load fuel and low grip.  Left it until late in the session to go out and try to set a real hot lap with low fuel and high track grip.  Unfortunately someone spun in front of me and cleaned me up so I didn't get a chance to do a proper hot lap, but would have been interesting to see what this beast was capable of.

First race was nice and holding a gap to Marty who was keeping me honest, then my pedal started playing up again, despite me giving it a good dousing with contact cleaner (that shit is mighty sticky by the way).  Luckily Marty had an off as my throttle cut out going around the sharpish right hander on Lap 2 before Hoe-bags straight which put me into the grass and fence as I couldn't control the slide.  Managed to bring it home with no front or rear wing and half a litre of fuel to spare and some coasting on the straight.

Race 2 was fun.  It didn't seem we could get around the first sector without a pile-up.  I came around the fast left hander after the first major straight to see cars everywhere and one parked right in the middle of the sharpish right hand corner.  I went into the gravel trap to avoid, which worked, but then someone must have hit the parked car which then speared into me causing me damage.  Anyway, clawed my way back toward the front after trying as best I could to be patient and snuck by Rolz on the big straight on Lap 2.

A good change up in the season.  I still can't come to love Nords as some others do.  I'm not sure why.  I think it's a good hotlap track, but it doesn't seem great for pack racing.  Maybe it's just because it's so long you don't often see other cars, and isn't really a track you can "jump in and jump out" (or "JIJO" as we say) quickly for a few laps.

I'd also like to comment, as Rolz has, that it's great to see such an improvement from various drivers here.  That's the real joy and motivation of it all IMO - to see real progress in yourself and probably more satisfying; others.

Thanks for the season guys!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal