Xtreme Gaming Network

Marty's OSRW Track Pack (for server admins only)

Author Topic: Marty's OSRW Track Pack (for server admins only)  (Read 16786 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Marty's OSRW Track Pack (for server admins only)
« on: January 11, 2016, 12:31:39 PM »
Seems to still be issues with some of these tracks, when installing them not all tracks appear in Assetto Corsa Server Manager. In the download there is Spa, Silverstone, Nurburgring, Mugello, Monza, Brands Hatch, Barcelona and Imola.

In the server manager only Barcelona and Brands Hatch OSRW appear so there must still be something wrong with these files.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 06:22:43 PM by Wally »

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: Marty's OSRW Track Pack
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 01:04:00 PM »
I just tested it, as is the checksums dont load for obvious reasons on all the tracks not showing up in the server manager.

Here is Monza

CHECKSUM: system/data/surfaces.ini=41949b9f7045cad2af3f5eb951d170a9
Initializing checksum for track config monza_osrw
WARNING: Cannot open file  content/tracks/monza/monza_osrw/data/surfaces.ini  for checksum, the client check will be disabled for this file

So you need to manually add the track surface.ini into its own folder on the server as it request then it will work.

CHECKSUM: system/data/surfaces.ini=41949b9f7045cad2af3f5eb951d170a9
Initializing checksum for track config monza_osrw
CHECKSUM: content/tracks/monza/monza_osrw/data/surfaces.ini=97d6e34a09a47b237587a95e39a726ed

These tracks will need to be manually edited just makes it a bit awkward as the entry list needs to be made on a 32 grid track then edit the name which isnt a huge issue. Also all the tracks need to be added to the server manually except for Brands and Barcelona to update the checksums.

I have put Monza OSRW on one of my Marty's servers so people can run it and also test pitstops etc on these tracks.

I will see if there is any way to repackage these so they show up in server manager but it seems there must be a line in the single config layouts that makes it not show up in the server manager as a multi config layout.

Seems its just the way the multi configs are packaged, but this isnt too big an issue as admins just need to manually edit the server.ini and then also manually create the checksum folder. For clients they just need the pack as is and in order to show in the manager the tracks need to be fully repackaged which is too much of a hassle really as it would effect the original layouts which is not a good thing.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 01:08:02 PM by marty »

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 01:08:37 PM »
Well, I'm glad you guys are across the top of it.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 01:12:43 PM »
Will be good to have some larger grids, we will need to test to see how the server handles this and also some peoples pc's may have more issues with larger grids. It would also be nice to include the smaller tracks which we normally dont run due to smaller grid limits as this allows you to use any of the official tracks.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 01:47:49 PM »
Here is a package off all the official tracks with extra grid spots.
Imola (added 8 extra pit boxes, total 32)
 Nordschleife Endurance (added 10 extra pit boxes, total 34)
 Zandvoort (added extra 12 pit boxes, total 30)
 Vallelunga (added extra 9 pit boxes, total 31)
 Barcelona (GP and MOTO) (added 12 extra pit boxes, total 36)
 Silverstone (added extra 8 pit boxes, total 32)
 Spa (added 16 extra pit boxes, total 40)
 Monza (added 10 extra pit boxes, total 36)
 Mugello (added 12 pit boxes, total 36)
 Nurburgring GP (added 12 pit boxes, total 36)
 Nurburgring Sprint (added 12 pit boxes, total 36)
 Brands Hatch (GP and Indy) (added extra 8 pit boxes, total 32)
 Magione (added extra 14 pit boxes, total 32)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/82v510bivizu332/OSRW+official+track+pack.rar

Here is the server side upload package for all these
http://www.mediafire.com/download/i9447a62vvellkb/OSRW+Official+tracks+server+upload+pack.rar

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Marty's OSRW Track Pack (for server admins only)
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 06:24:35 PM »
Marty, I moved these posts here, as they will just confuse things for non-admins.

Also, I corrected the surfaces.ini in my download pack, to make them identical to the KS tracks, as some of them were a little bit out of date.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2016, 10:44:16 PM »
Marty, I moved these posts here, as they will just confuse things for non-admins.

Also, I corrected the surfaces.ini in my download pack, to make them identical to the KS tracks, as some of them were a little bit out of date.

That probably explains why I got a checksum with your pack, the ones I put together are direct from that first post. The server pack is all other files removed except for the checksum files.

Really I think Kunos should have a checksum on all track geometery grid spots etc, by the look of it you could have your own track version with a grid spot anywhere on the track.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2016, 11:08:12 PM »
Yes, like when you can also pass the checksum but drive at a different elevation if you have a different track version!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2016, 11:35:11 PM »
It may be usefull to also link the full osrw trackpack not server pack somewhere everyone can see. This will make it easier for anyone to get into any of my servers and I assume these are the same tracks as will be used during the season.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2016, 07:40:33 AM »
It may be usefull to also link the full osrw trackpack not server pack somewhere everyone can see. This will make it easier for anyone to get into any of my servers and I assume these are the same tracks as will be used during the season.

How's this? http://xgn.com.au/index.php?topic=1293.0

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2016, 07:48:09 AM »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2016, 06:40:35 PM »
FYI Arbuzzz has updates his tracks to comply with AC 1.4 ini file updates.

Here: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/kunos-tracks-with-extra-pit-boxes-updated-to-ac-1-4.28132/page-6#post-620368

This is where this sort of mod becomes awkward, there is no version numbering and so how will people know if they need to update servers or their client side. I will redo a package later but then that will mean everyone needs to re install the new package to avoid checksums. I will try to keep the full pack up to date and so if anyone gets a missmatch they will know to come back here and update it, for xgn people this shouldnt be too hard. But it will be awkward for general public but not much we really can do about that.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2016, 07:45:03 PM »
FYI Arbuzzz has updates his tracks to comply with AC 1.4 ini file updates.

Here: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/kunos-tracks-with-extra-pit-boxes-updated-to-ac-1-4.28132/page-6#post-620368

This is where this sort of mod becomes awkward, there is no version numbering and so how will people know if they need to update servers or their client side. I will redo a package later but then that will mean everyone needs to re install the new package to avoid checksums. I will try to keep the full pack up to date and so if anyone gets a missmatch they will know to come back here and update it, for xgn people this shouldnt be too hard. But it will be awkward for general public but not much we really can do about that.

Yeah, it is awkward. But for season 10 here, well just stick with the track pack in the first post of the track download thread.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal