Xtreme Gaming Network

Jan 19 - Season 10 Warmup Round: GT3 cars at Vallelunga

Author Topic: Jan 19 - Season 10 Warmup Round: GT3 cars at Vallelunga  (Read 33158 times)

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
Re: Jan 19 - Season 10 Warmup Round: GT3 cars at Vallelunga
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2016, 04:16:29 PM »
The only good thing about Win10 for me was that it reduced my boot time from about 50 seconds to around 20 seconds.  I haven't decided whether I like it or not though.  I haven't had any major issues with it, but I don't like how it does things on its own without you stopping it - eg. downloading updates.

I originally thought it was responsible for my graphics glitches in AC, but I think that was AC itself as there are no issues now since one of the AC updates.

Rolz

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2016, 04:33:50 PM »
Maybe win 10 may work better with 980/970 cards and the next gen but its a big turd for any older cards and I cant say much good about that OS.

Hmm I'm starting to think it's just NVidia and Win10... I got my mate (Trackmeister) into AC and helped him buy a PC... he's getting random BSOD's when entering and exiting AC... (EVGA GTX980 FTW)

I've now got the PC over my place to troubleshoot it and I'm pretty sure I've read all the forum discussions on "Windows 10 BSOD NVidia" :P
The only think I'm leaning towards is a RAM issue - PC was never 8.1, fresh Win10 build - or somehow this new graphics card vram allocation Win10 is doing can potentially be causing the problem... (this one though is not proven and fierce debate is still on going)

I've been letting it run all day on memtest - will see results tonight.

If ram ok I'll save his data, nuke and go to Win8.1 as well - I want him racing AC in Season 10!!! :P

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2016, 07:28:33 PM »
Win10 is having a lot of teething problems as of yet, I reckon.
My mate have made the switch on his work computer and having all sorts of issues.  Mostly with Microsoft software (but I guess they're not unique)  The latest was; he could not save a world doc file. It was 30MB or so, not small but not overmuch.  His old win7 laptop which takes minutes to get to life opens and saves the file in seconds.    But this is just the last funny in a whole string of them.

Yeah, stay away from win10 for the time being, if you can.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2016, 09:55:31 PM »
Ciao guys!!

What exactly do i have to do with that OSRW file?........grazie!! ::)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2016, 10:40:54 PM »
Ciao guys!!

What exactly do i have to do with that OSRW file?........grazie!! ::)
Just extract the 'content' folder in the zip file into steamapps\common\assettocorsa, and say yes to merge/replace any files.

You should end up with this folder: steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks\vallelunga\vallelunga_osrw
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2016, 02:40:06 PM »
 thx wally

Offline Sin

• Edit Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2016, 11:49:58 PM »
I am running this on Win 10 and an MSI gt80 laptop. I have to squint when using the screen but it's still enjoyable.

The only issue I have is when I turn the rig on, load the game, I will get 5 mins of play then the computer reboots. After that it's fine to run the game. I have had no luck finding out what is causing the game to reboot the computer.

Thought about rolling back to win 8 but I really cbf'd.

Vallelunga is a tricky track to learn these beasts on but I think it's good for me. So much time to be found by smoothing out my lines and braking a little sooner than I was initially.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2016, 12:10:55 AM »
I had my first run since last Tuesday, there were new Nvidia drivers released while I was away and in the release notes.

Download the Nvidia 361.60 Geforce driver as released by NVIDIA.

Nvidia has released this driver with very scarce information, "clocking related issues" Apparantly at addresses an issue where memory clock speed was not running at full speed with certain apps/games. GeForce Hot Fix driver version 361.60 that addresses the following issues:
•Crashes in Photoshop & Illustrator
•Install & clocking related issues

Seems this may have fixed my crashing issue as I ran a couple hours with no crashes, maybe this has saved my w10 install.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2016, 12:13:05 AM »
Good news Marty.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2016, 12:31:09 AM »
Yep, good to see Marty!!  :P

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2016, 10:35:59 AM »
Bear in mind that Vallelunga is probably twistier than any of the tracks in the season.

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2016, 12:50:35 PM »
My fingers are crossed for you Marty!

Rolz

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2016, 08:01:39 PM »
Sorry if I missed it, but was there not practice server up before tomorrow night?
I've just had no AC time over the past week and been missing it...  :'( now finally all stuff has been done I thought I'd get a few good hours in before tomorrow...  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2016, 08:49:39 PM »
Sorry if I missed it, but was there not practice server up before tomorrow night?
I've just had no AC time over the past week and been missing it...  :'( now finally all stuff has been done I thought I'd get a few good hours in before tomorrow...  ;D

There has been, on one of Marty's servers. If it's not there now, I don't know what's happened to it.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2016, 09:04:04 PM »

Its been up all week Just search for xgn and it should always come up. The servers are up 24/7 and normally prac server goes up after the race nite ready for the next round setup.

Here are the server stats on medium tyres, as softs havent been used much and are about 1 sec quicker.

http://52.62.71.102:50041/lapstat?track=vallelunga-vallelunga_osrw&cars=ks_audi_r8_lms,bmw_z4_gt3,ks_lamborghini_huracan_gt3,ks_mclaren_650_gt3,mclaren_mp412c_gt3,mercedes_sls_gt3,ks_mercedes_amg_gt3,ks_nissan_gtr_gt3,ks_glickenhaus_scg003&valid=1,2&date_from=&date_to=&tyres=%28M%29&currservers=acserver

Also I just remembered that I am going to the tennis tomorrow nite and so wont be able to race. If you want to use my server wally I will open it up again and give access. Its been a while since anyone has bothered to try attack the servers so maybe they are over it by now.  ;D

Even the server as is currently can be used and session lengths can easily be changed ingame with commands with "X"being the time or race laps. This is open to adjusting in the prac server for most xgn guys so if your in the server on your own and just want to run more laps in qualy. Adjust the length of session then skip sessions and it will use the new times until server is reset or the lenght changed. Also server admin pass is the regular xgn pass.
/st session qtime X
/st session ptime X
/st session rlaps X
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 09:10:41 PM by marty »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal