Xtreme Gaming Network

S10R2: Imola Pre-Race Chat

Author Topic: S10R2: Imola Pre-Race Chat  (Read 33883 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: S10R2: Imola Pre-Race Chat
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2016, 01:28:51 PM »
Stan must be having connection issues he has taken QOS goat sacrifice to a new level. Must be like the tornado goat in goat sim.  ;D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2016, 02:08:34 PM »
I tried the changes I made to the setup for optimum conditions and this makes the car worse everywhere and slower again. Just seems at the lower temps and grip levels the 650s has nothing to bring to the party.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2016, 02:36:00 PM »
Thanks for the set Marty  :) I need all the help I can get.

I will run some more laps later and post an updated setup. I tried to set an rsr time and worked on trying to get some pace out of this thing and may have found a bit more time with a fairly different approach. Just need to test it in the server lower temps and grip levels to see if it can gain at least .5 which will be usefull.

There seems to be no point going too low aero as that way the car is still slow in straights but then also slower under brakes and cornering. Need to use the cars strengths and seeing this is so different to all the other gt3 cars its going to be a bit awkward in traffic. Need to find some way of gaining enough time onto the last turn to not be a sitting duck once it gets to the straight.
What do you reckon are the Mac's strengths?
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2016, 03:17:56 PM »
From what I can tell the McLaren has got good downforce and cornering, better than most other cars, but it is absolutely gutless compared to the Lambo, Audi and BMW, and... well every other car.

Maybe Marty should be given some special dispensation and allowed to swap to another car?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2016, 04:46:27 PM »
Thanks for the set Marty  :) I need all the help I can get.

I will run some more laps later and post an updated setup. I tried to set an rsr time and worked on trying to get some pace out of this thing and may have found a bit more time with a fairly different approach. Just need to test it in the server lower temps and grip levels to see if it can gain at least .5 which will be usefull.

There seems to be no point going too low aero as that way the car is still slow in straights but then also slower under brakes and cornering. Need to use the cars strengths and seeing this is so different to all the other gt3 cars its going to be a bit awkward in traffic. Need to find some way of gaining enough time onto the last turn to not be a sitting duck once it gets to the straight.
What do you reckon are the Mac's strengths?

It can get around corners high speed corners well normally, struggling a bit here but take off too much aero to try gain speed which it still doesnt makes it also corner quite badly. So doing that it isnt fast in the straight and rubbish in corners lol, better off to have some cornering ability rather then nothing. I really hoped that the Lambo's wouldnt be able to match the 650 in corners but it seems they do with these track conditions were I am struggling quite a bit. The lambo may not get any temp in the tyres either but it almost levels out cornering ability in all cars when its real cold and the car with the most power can just get some power down on the straight.

A car like the mclaren relies on more exit speed to counteract its massive power handicap but if it doesn't have this it doesn't have much. I dont mind driving the car and it was my choice. I just hoped Imola would be one of its strong tracks as it will get worse at some other proper power circuits later on.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2016, 04:59:02 PM »
Everyone has to live and die by their car choice until round 5 :)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2016, 10:20:04 PM »
Does anyone have a setup for the scg003 they would like to share. Just want to compare with mine and to confirm no matter what I change it doesnt seem to make much of a difference
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2016, 10:43:15 PM »
Does anyone have a setup for the scg003 they would like to share. Just want to compare with mine and to confirm no matter what I change it doesnt seem to make much of a difference

I've got one from Nords I can attach when I'm on my PC.  Probably won't be much good for Imola though, however from memory I don't think there is a lot you can change on the SCG.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2016, 08:07:09 AM »

I have got the same impression: it does not make much of a difference. All I did was to set the gears so to get just below the limiter at the end of the main straight; one or two clicks softer front ARB (otherwise I had too much understeering); and lower the angle of the rear wing to something like 4. Then I set tire pressure so that during race I am around 32 or 33 psi. I think the car drives ok, although I would not mind it being a bit more reactive at turn in and a bit more compliant over the higher curbs.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2016, 09:08:35 AM »
Hello guys!  My phone line has been down since saturday (twice in six weeks) and it should be fixed today......lets pray..lolol....anyway just letting you know .
Bloody telstra crap!!!!  😨

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2016, 04:20:22 PM »
Try the internet!   I heard it's better than phones!  ;)

Yeah, bloody telstra.  And stupid ADSL. 
This is the reason I've got a spare 4G device just sitting here - spare wireless internet when the wired goes down.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2016, 05:59:30 PM »
(incase i forgot to say), I will not be able to make Imola, as I have car club commitments  :'(
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline christopheraser

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2016, 06:05:16 PM »
I'm leaving Japan later tonight and am due to land back in Perth three hours prior to qual for this round. I don't see any reason as to why we would be delayed, but if I'm not there tomorrow it's because I have been held up somewhere along the way and I apologise in advance.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2016, 06:19:24 PM »
I'm leaving Japan later tonight and am due to land back in Perth three hours prior to qual for this round. I don't see any reason as to why we would be delayed, but if I'm not there tomorrow it's because I have been held up somewhere along the way and I apologise in advance.
No worries fellas.

Coming back from Japan, you should be drifting the Nissan.

Offline christopheraser

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2016, 06:34:00 PM »
We went all the way to Motegi to check out the Honda collection and it's closed until mid February. Not a single word about it on their website. I wasn't very impressed. I looked into doing something similar for Toyota or Nissan, but it did not entice me.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal