Xtreme Gaming Network

S10R6: Nurburgring GP Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S10R6: Nurburgring GP Post-Race Chat  (Read 29735 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S10R6: Nurburgring GP Post-Race Chat
« on: March 01, 2016, 10:10:51 PM »
RACE RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS

Penalties
Race 1: Jeremy (-8) for running into the back of Grat (+8)

Round Points

Marty156363141
Matthew111105375138
Paul64553104
StanDaam8384591
Guybrush Threepwood1275188
Phil.85303873
Jeremy2183050
Freezer1212749
Bacchulum0242448
Rolz0271845
Bird3152139
Wally0121527
Gratulin0141226
Mael0111425
AJ08614
Bafs1706814
Rob05914
Ben011112
christopheraser09312
Grat41510
Doobs0314
Chap1110000
Dave O0000
Flattop0000
Fozzy0000
Grubbet0000
Jake0000
Joe0000
Simone0000
Will0000
Congratulations to Guybrush and Matthew on the race wins, and Marty on the overall round win.

Season Podium
1. Guybrush, 747
2. Marty, 666
3. Matthew111, 514
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 11:04:24 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline grat

• View Profile
Re: S10R6: Nurburgring GP Post-Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 10:37:26 PM »
NO COMMENT...  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

PS: sorry for the chatting. I only meant to say "no fuel! no fuel!" to let Bird and Rolz behind me know I would slow down and get out of the way. Then somebody commented and I forgot to shut up. Sorry

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 10:39:12 PM »
Race report, I got lucky in Qualy as I set a lap very early then went out again and noticed I was too late to finish that lap and have another run at the end of the session. I then had a go on the last lap and had a cut track on the exit of t4 and so abandoned the qualy lap, I was kind of surprised nobody went quicker and I somehow hung onto pole.

Race 1 I had an ok start Guybrush got a good one but I hung on early. Tried to get away but wasnt getting anywhere so just decided to take it easy and push when the stops started. Guy pitted a lap earlier then I expected and I was on a race best outlap by about .6 when I pitted. Came out and from .7 ahead was down 3.8 seconds in just the one lap. Then I pushed as hard as possible to make back the gap but couldnt do anything against GB who was very solid and quick all race.

Race 2 had an ok Start but Guy got me to t1 and so I just hung on, lap 2 my pedal started to spike and I was losing lots of time so I decided to pit early. Give the pedals a bit of a whack while in pits, I came out in the middle of traffic which wasnt ideal but kind of fun. The pedals were ok early on and once clear I could push on and set some fairly quick laps. Matthew came out of pits ahead by about 3 seconds and I kept pushing trying to make the gap, made up a bit but then got some spikes again and tyres were badly grained. In the end I hung on to second and it was a better result then expected that race. Bad luck to Guybrush who had a disco in race 2.

I am making a video of the race 1 incident at t3, to me Jeremy just got into Grat slighlty and spun him around which then caused a bit of a chain reaction in the back of the pack. Everyone did well through 1 and 2 but then that slight contact into 3 did ruin a few guys race there.

Rolz

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 10:44:48 PM »
Q1 - Was happy with the position, could have done better but it just takes me ages to warm and and get in the zone

R1 - Good start, dodged the drama on T3 and then Bacchulum and I had a brilliant battle... was so close racing and really fun! Thanks Bacchulum, a race like that makes simracing just awesome :) I had the GoPro on so I'm hoping to merge and compress video to share when done.

R2 - Good start, but brain snap made me run wide and loose some spots, couldn't regain, but was happy to finish where I did... I really think this track is conducive to good racing as it's wide and forgiving enough.

Thanks all!  ;D

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 11:01:00 PM »
I just went through the results and I qualified

Imola: 8
Brands Hatch: 5
Monza: 6
Nurburgring: 7

and I am 13th in the rankings....  :'(

To add to the story, my best race result is Imola Race 2: 7th, staring from last (21st)!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!? And today I was 9th after starting 1-to-last in Race 2 (before I remained stranded with no fuel at t6).

I think I should not qualify next time  8)

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2016, 11:01:50 PM »
Managed to grab 10th in qualy. 
Got away clean then the t3 accident happened.  I though after Jeremy tapped Grat that Jeremy was going to be able to slip through and I followed but there was a small second impact with Grat which propped Jeremy and then I hit him etc etc etc.
From there in 15th I managed to grab a spot or two and despite a pretty quiet race found myself in 9th after the pit stops and cruised home.

R2:  First half was spent with Rolz chasing hard right behind.  He pitted on lap 6 so I pushed for two more and when I came out found myself behind Jeremy and Rolz not around.  With new tyres I managed to get onto the back of Jeremy and spent the rest of the race about 0.6 off his rear for some pretty good racing.  Couldn't make a move though and got home in 7th.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2016, 11:19:43 PM »
Here is the t3 incident in race 1, it really just seems that the main issue is others not really slowing for an incident ahead which seems to turn a minor collision into a major on most race starts.

Here is the overhead just from grats car.

Having a second look though, Freezer is a bit unlucky as he is blindsided and looks like he can follow Jeremy but Grats car comes back across and pretty much stops Jeremýs on the second contact. Then Freezer hits quite hard and the pinball effect begins.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 11:22:51 PM by marty »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2016, 11:20:28 PM »
In race 1, I did get caught up in the T3 accident, and finished lap 1 in 18th after qualifying 11th. Sorry Rob for the slight contact when we were all getting going again.

I had a hard-fought chase with Chris for a lap or two, and thought I finally had an inside move at T1, but got a little bit hooked up on the kerb on the inside and looped the car around on the inside of the corner under power, losing a couple of spots again.

I managed to regain a few spots to finish 13th after chasing Gratulin home over the last 7 laps without really being able to gain any ground on him.

Race 2 was a clean start. I was on Gratulin's hammer for the early laps, looking for a pass, but I unfortunately made contact with him at the tight hairpin corner down the bottom. The gap was there, but I gave him a slight touch on the side with my nose, enough to turn him around in front of me. Sorry.

At the end of lap 3, I missed my brake marker into turn 1, and had to straight line the corner out into the gravel trying to miss AJ and Rob, which I did, but dropped about 6 seconds. I was stuck behind Rob when I re-joined, so I decided to pit early to get back out into clear track. It worked, with me coming out last but able to pick up 8 spots in the clear track. The price though was a lonely race, with a battle with Mael in my second stint which saw me get past after he made a little mistake.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2016, 11:24:01 PM »
Here is the t3 incident in race 1, it really just seems that the main issue is others not really slowing for an incident ahead which seems to turn a minor collision into a major on most race starts.
Yes, I know accidents are sometimes unavoidable when you're in a tight pack and there's a collision, but sometimes there doesn't seem to be enough awareness of what's happening a few cars in front of the guy immediately in front of you.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2016, 11:30:24 PM »

Am i the only one who was really happy about the accident?   ;D

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2016, 11:35:18 PM »

Am i the only one who was really happy about the accident?   ;D

Ahahah! Yes, looks like.

Marty: wonderful videos as usual. And what a title! I am honoured to hear one of the most famous tracks in the world has named a turn after me. 8)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2016, 11:44:44 PM »
I am honoured to hear one of the most famous tracks in the world has named a turn after me. 8)

That must be why they skip that section in the only real proper race there the 24hr.

It could also be called the mercedes arena but you had a tough nite so I dont want to put another downer on it and tell you that. Doh maybe I just did sorry.  :D

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2016, 11:58:16 PM »
It was, but they just renamed it. Anyway: this is from last week's discussion:

I just hope Nurburgring will be a cleaner race, although I have bad memories about the Mercedes Arena in the pack...

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2016, 07:38:06 AM »
Just a bit more caution needs to be shown at the starts.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2016, 07:53:23 AM »
It happens every week.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal